Big $ Sennheiser Orpheus system at Audiogon!
Jun 25, 2008 at 12:20 PM Post #16 of 39
Eh, frankly, I don't see the big deal. 35k could buy you one amazing speaker rig that would make the HE90's seem like an afterthought in the audio world. Even paying 6k for the r10's is ridiculous, their just not worth that price of admission.

Jun 25, 2008 at 5:56 PM Post #18 of 39
You can buy a car for that kind of money!

Totally crazy...

Jun 25, 2008 at 6:00 PM Post #19 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My price was $8k for the HE90 and HEV90 in pretty much mint condition.

Wow, that's a really good price. I got 8k for the HE90 only when I sold them last year. Still, 12k is another big step up, but I have no doubt that he'll be able to actually sell at that price, or perhaps just a bit less.

Jun 26, 2008 at 12:52 AM Post #20 of 39
I have a better deal , I will sell my HEV90 & my 2 HE90s (one of which I had new drivers installed by Senn Usa & only has 2 hours on it) include the old drivers.And have wooden boxes for both HE90s for a mere 30k.At 35k I will throw in a maxed ES-1.& a weekend in the poconos.

Waits for the rush of PMs
tongue.gif

Jun 26, 2008 at 1:07 AM Post #21 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by gloco /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Eh, frankly, I don't see the big deal. 35k could buy you one amazing speaker rig that would make the HE90's seem like an afterthought in the audio world. Even paying 6k for the r10's is ridiculous, their just not worth that price of admission.

I think the 'big deal' in terms of this thread was to point out how ridiculous his asking price is. I agree that no matter how great the Orpheus system may sound (to your subjective ears), it's not worth anywhere near $35k (or $23k without the extra set of HE90's that can be bought for $12k). So I think that means we agree.

Jun 26, 2008 at 1:08 AM Post #22 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by bozebuttons /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have a better deal , I will sell my HEV90 & my 2 HE90s (one of which I had new drivers installed by Senn Usa & only has 2 hours on it) include the old drivers.And have wooden boxes for both HE90s for a mere 30k.

Waits for the rush of PMs
tongue.gif

You're such a generous sportsman, Tom!

Jun 26, 2008 at 1:13 AM Post #23 of 39
Quote:

You're such a generous sportsman, Tom!

Hey check back & see my updated offer
tongue.gif

Jun 26, 2008 at 1:14 AM Post #24 of 39
Quote:

Huh! $35k won't get you very far. The Atom 3 (mine is an Atom 2) is now starting at $65k and tops $100k optioned out.

off topic but I totally have been to the garage in the mountain where they used to build those puppies.

Jun 26, 2008 at 1:17 AM Post #25 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by Elephas /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's a very fun activity. Remember to be extra careful and watch your rear view mirror near Stuttgart.

If anyone requires (and pays expenses), I'll fly to Germany as your personal courier and then drive across it to pick up your Orpheus for you. Maybe Jan will come along for a road trip.
smily_headphones1.gif

As I recall, it was a 5 hour drive each way. Jan was kind of grumpy (uhhh, wrong word, 'reluctant' perhaps) about it when he first realized what a long drive he had committed to. But then afterwards, he was glad that he made the effort. They had a great chat and Michael ended up buying an amp and some other stuff from Jan.

Yet more than anything, as I've said over and over in every thread I can, this just goes to show what a great guy Jan Meier is. I had bought some things from him in the past, but he didn't 'know' me in a personal sense; what he did know is that I'm a headphone nut like him and that I had been yearning for an Orpheus system for a long time. That, and I didn't feel comfortable in sending that much money to a total stranger up front.

Jun 26, 2008 at 1:20 AM Post #26 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by bozebuttons /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey check back & see my updated offer
tongue.gif

Wow! A weekend in the Pocanos too? You're starting to sound pretty serious about this. Sure you're not having a brain fart? You can't be serious about selling that stuff. It would go against everything we know you to be, you gear hound, you!

Jun 26, 2008 at 1:25 AM Post #27 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by DanTheMiataMan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
off topic but I totally have been to the garage in the mountain where they used to build those puppies.

Do you mean Brammo Motorsports in Ashland, Oregon? Or the Ariel factory in Somerset, England? Brammo (the company that made my Atom) is no longer involved with Atom production (although they will still service them). The new US licensee for Atom 3 production is a company called TMI; they will be based at the Virginia International Speedway: Welcome to Ariel Atom (their website is still under development, but they've moving along in terms of getting their facility set up for production).

Jun 26, 2008 at 1:26 AM Post #28 of 39
Quote:

Do you mean Brammo Motorsports in Ashland, Oregon? Or the Ariel factory in England? Brammo (the company that made my Atom) is no longer involved with Atom production (although they will still service them). The new US licensee for Atom 3 production is a company called TMI; they will be based at the Virginia International Speedway: Welcome to Ariel Atom (their website is still under development, but they've moving along in terms of getting their facility set up for production).

Yeah Brammo in Ashland

Jun 26, 2008 at 1:37 AM Post #29 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by DanTheMiataMan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah Brammo in Ashland

Cool, I figured that. They're a bunch of great guys and it's a shame that they decided to focus all of their efforts now on building an electric powered motorcycle, but I wish them well. It's an awesome bike (I saw the prototype myself) but at $12k, I'm not sure how many they'll be able to sell: Enertia Electric Motorcycle

Jun 26, 2008 at 12:51 PM Post #30 of 39
Quote:

I think the 'big deal' in terms of this thread was to point out how ridiculous his asking price is. I agree that no matter how great the Orpheus system may sound (to your subjective ears), it's not worth anywhere near $35k (or $23k without the extra set of HE90's that can be bought for $12k). So I think that means we agree.

Yep, absolutely in agreement. I can't imagine the ridiculous (in a good way
wink.gif
) speaker rig I would have for 35k...I would never go to work.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back