Big $ Sennheiser Orpheus system at Audiogon!
Jun 25, 2008 at 12:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 39

Wmcmanus

President treasurer secretary and sole member of the Cayman Islands Head-Fi Club.
My goodness, how times have changed:

AudiogoN ForSale: Sennheiser he90 / hev90

The other Sennheiser Orpheus system that he refers to having sold on Audiogon was sold to me several years ago. Of course, back then, he didn't seem so aware of what it was worth. My price was $8k for the HE90 and HEV90 in pretty much mint condition.

Well, come to think of it, he doesn't exactly seem to know what it's worth today either. First too low now too high. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets close to $20k for the whole package though.

Jun 25, 2008 at 1:09 AM Post #3 of 39
Two HE90 and the HEV90 eh. I think at that level of spending I'd be copying one of Santas other buys and go for an Atom.
biggrin.gif

Jun 25, 2008 at 5:00 AM Post #8 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by gz76 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's times like this I wish money was no object for me!

Me to , I would love to listen to that set up !!!!!!!!!

Jun 25, 2008 at 5:14 AM Post #9 of 39
Jesus christ.... Ed7 and R-10 FS [cry] They are actually the two other headphones I want; to make twin Sony and twin Ultrasone
I really picked a bad time coming into this forum.

Ed9 from ALO coming, and now these two pop up... I don't know if I can hold off temptation

Jun 25, 2008 at 7:08 AM Post #10 of 39
Times have changed obviously!
$8k back then was a really nice deal. But $35k now (even with 2x HE90) is a bit high...

$20-25k sound more reasonable.

Jun 25, 2008 at 7:57 AM Post #11 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Two HE90 and the HEV90 eh. I think at that level of spending I'd be copying one of Santas other buys and go for an Atom.
biggrin.gif

Huh! $35k won't get you very far. The Atom 3 (mine is an Atom 2) is now starting at $65k and tops $100k optioned out.

Jun 25, 2008 at 8:02 AM Post #12 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Times have changed obviously!
$8k back then was a really nice deal. But $35k now (even with 2x HE90) is a bit high...

$20-25k sound more reasonable.

Back then, I thought $8k was about right, but there wasn't a long line of buyers lining up to beat me to the punch like there would be now.

Thankfully, Jan Meier agreed to act as my middleman. He actually drive across Germany to pick up the Orpheus system and hand over a check to the seller. As I recall, I sent a wire transfer to Jan (or maybe sent him a bank draft via FedEx). It would have been too nerve racking to send that much money to an unknown seller from Audiogon who may have been a con artist.

At least now, if anyone has $35k to burn, I can recommend this seller!

Jun 25, 2008 at 12:01 PM Post #14 of 39
Wow, that person must really be in some serious financial trouble to let them go for a bargain price of only $35K
biggrin.gif

Jun 25, 2008 at 12:04 PM Post #15 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thankfully, Jan Meier agreed to act as my middleman. He actually drive across Germany to pick up the Orpheus system and hand over a check to the seller.

That's a very fun activity. Remember to be extra careful and watch your rear view mirror near Stuttgart.

If anyone requires (and pays expenses), I'll fly to Germany as your personal courier and then drive across it to pick up your Orpheus for you. Maybe Jan will come along for a road trip.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back