BIG PRICE DROP Aurisonics AS-2 with polished chrome caps for re-shell PRICE DROP
Status
Not open for further replies.
Type
For Sale
Currency
USD
Price
Feb 1, 2013 at 1:29 AM Post #8 of 10

kenman345

Headphoneus Supremus
Not surprised. You're better off just enjoying them. They're lovely. What happened? And you might wanna close this listing, Don't think many are in the market for non-reshellable CIEMs
Quote:
I emailed Aurisonics, and Dale said that they don't offer re-shells for their IEMS, and that the drivers would get destroyed in the process.

Mar 28, 2013 at 7:45 PM Post #9 of 10

soundbear

100+ Head-Fier
Quote:
I emailed Aurisonics, and Dale said that they don't offer re-shells for their IEMS, and that the drivers would get destroyed in the process.

I would disagree with this.   Solid Snake sold his JH customs and JH Audio told him the same thing, they don't reshell and probably told him also that it would destroy the drivers.   He sold his and I believe the buyer got them reshelled at Unique Melody.   I sold my JH5 custom too and Unique Melody reshelled them.   I would ask Dale why his drivers would be damaged and other custom drivers are not.    In fact, you could probably PM Average Joe and he could give you an accurate answer.

Mar 29, 2013 at 6:38 PM Post #10 of 10

soundbear

100+ Head-Fier
I just checked with Unique Melody Stephen Guo about reshelling the AS2, and his response is:

"I don't recommend reshelling either. Some manufactures (only a few), uses special glue or fills the entire shell with acrylic that's extremely difficult to take the drivers out. Thus, they may be easily damaged through the process. "

So I guess the AS2 cannot be safely reshelled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread