Big fat Earpads?
Dec 9, 2007 at 8:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

smeggy

Member of the Trade: ThunderpantsTP1
So, I'm making a set of phones from bits and bobs and am now looking for earpads. What I want ideally is a big set of really comfy pads that go around the ears with room, that are tapered front to back (thin at front, thick at back ) so it tilts the driver and my ears never touch the housing, and preferably soft leather.

From pics I've seen the Sony mdr-cd3000 and R10 is designed somewhat like this but I've never seen them in the flesh so I don't know for certain. Mebbe Omega 2 pads? Anyone seen anything like what I describe? Size of attachment is unimportant as I'll be making an adapter. I just need to find really good tapered pads
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 9, 2007 at 10:36 PM Post #3 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by spritzer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
All the Stax Omega pads are candidates for this but I think the new SR-007 Mk2/A pads would be best as the leather is better.

Thanks spritzer, my mega SR-X Mk III pro will one day be complete and will be the most awesome frankenstax evar
cool.gif

BTW do you know where to buy the SR-007 Mk2/A version?

N/M, I just ordered them from Audiocubes.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 28, 2007 at 1:49 PM Post #7 of 7
Have you got your pads yet?

I'm planning to sew my own for my K340 and my thoughts went along the same line as yours , having rather thick and cushy asymetrical pads that tilt the drivers a little

I expect a wider soundstage and due to the tilted earcups maybe more natural imaging. Is there an influece on tonality though? would that reduce bass?

I'd be curious to hear about your findings

Users who are viewing this thread

Back