BIG bag
Aug 5, 2002 at 5:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

BDA_ABAT

1000+ Head-Fier
FYI: Just perused the Eddie Bauer outlet nearby and found a fanny pack style bag that can hold a LOT of stuff. It's the Lumbar Pack and was $19.99. It's actually a little tooooo big for my tastes. But many folks at this site had previously expressed an interest in a bag that could hold a good bit of stuff. Large enough to carry PCD, Altoids amp, 24 CD case, spare batteries, a book, munchies, and more. Has cinches to decrease the size of the bag, also has shoulder strap and handles to carry it. Even has two water bottle holders (bottles not included)! Seems like it would work very well when travelling, hiking.

Unfortunately, it may be discontinued... it's not listed at the EB website.

Anyway, for those interested in a larger bag, this might work well for you.

Bruce

Aug 6, 2002 at 8:40 PM Post #2 of 19
wow this sounds REALLY big for a fanny pack...by fanny pack do you mean a bag that is attached to a belt that goes around your waist? Because thats my definition of a fanny pack...

Anyways this sounds like a good bag. Only thing is, why do all these good audio bags look like purses? I dont want to look like im walking around with a purse. I mean, i WANT to buy Caselogic's DM2 bag, BUT IT LOOKS LIKE A PURSE!

ok i couldnt find a pic of the DM2 from CL's site since they took it down (might be discontinued), but i found a pic of the KSDM2, which is the same thing but made with Koskin.

http://www.casedirect.com/cgi-bin/sg...&T1=997+KSDM+2

doesnt it look like a purse?

Aug 7, 2002 at 1:32 AM Post #3 of 19
Quote:

Originally posted by jlo mein
wow this sounds REALLY big for a fanny pack...by fanny pack do you mean a bag that is attached to a belt that goes around your waist? Because thats my definition of a fanny pack...

Anyways this sounds like a good bag. Only thing is, why do all these good audio bags look like purses? I dont want to look like im walking around with a purse. I mean, i WANT to buy Caselogic's DM2 bag, BUT IT LOOKS LIKE A PURSE!

ok i couldnt find a pic of the DM2 from CL's site since they took it down (might be discontinued), but i found a pic of the KSDM2, which is the same thing but made with Koskin.

http://www.casedirect.com/cgi-bin/sg...&T1=997+KSDM+2

doesnt it look like a purse?

Just make sure your shoes match your bag
very_evil_smiley.gif

I actually have the KSDM1, holds my SlimX, TAH, ER4P's, a few MP3 CD's, batteries, etc. Of course it's concealed inside my MANLY shoulder bag
biggrin.gif

Aug 7, 2002 at 2:17 AM Post #4 of 19
jlo: This bag is a wrap-around-my-large-ass-waist bag (fanny pack) that also has shoulder straps and carrying handles (all of which can be tucked away into the bag, depending on which carrying route you want to use).

The bag I originally got was a shoulder strap bag, but ended up having it fall off or swing around at inopportune times (don't know how women keep their bags together... yet another mystery of women). Also was not large enough to hold all of the crap that I wanted to carry with me.

Had also tried a backpack, but it wasn't convenient to change a disk or skip a track on the CDP with the backpack on. Next stop, fanny pack!

This pack is BIG. I think it was oringinally meant as an adjunct to a backpack. Dunno.. Fully expanded, it could easily hold a weekend's worth of clothes. Am in the process of trying to modify the innards so that the CDP and amp can be held in place and cushioned within the bag. But my sewing skills are limited.

Works well so far for my needs... stuff fits with room to spare, has a wide strap to wrap around the waist, seems to carry well without causing any stress on me or my stuff. Just would like to be able to secure the electronics.

Bruce

Aug 7, 2002 at 2:31 AM Post #5 of 19
Quote:

Originally posted by BDA_ABAT
jlo: This bag is a wrap-around-my-large-ass-waist bag (fanny pack) that also has shoulder straps and carrying handles (all of which can be tucked away into the bag, depending on which carrying route you want to use).

The bag I originally got was a shoulder strap bag, but ended up having it fall off or swing around at inopportune times (don't know how women keep their bags together... yet another mystery of women). Also was not large enough to hold all of the crap that I wanted to carry with me.

Had also tried a backpack, but it wasn't convenient to change a disk or skip a track on the CDP with the backpack on. Next stop, fanny pack!

This pack is BIG. I think it was oringinally meant as an adjunct to a backpack. Dunno.. Fully expanded, it could easily hold a weekend's worth of clothes. Am in the process of trying to modify the innards so that the CDP and amp can be held in place and cushioned within the bag. But my sewing skills are limited.

Works well so far for my needs... stuff fits with room to spare, has a wide strap to wrap around the waist, seems to carry well without causing any stress on me or my stuff. Just would like to be able to secure the electronics.

Bruce

You might be onto something, I've got the same problem with shoulder bags, (won't stay on) backpacks (it's like undressing to get something out). You wouldn't have a pic of it, would you ?

Aug 7, 2002 at 2:58 AM Post #6 of 19
Err... unfortunately, no. Will try to post a pic later.

I looked at the Eddie Bauer website (for a pic/description) and couldn't find mention of the bag. It may have been discontinued. Actually hesitated to post about this bag because it doens't look like it's readily available. If you have an Eddie Bauer outlet nearby, might want to give them a call to see if they have it in stock.

BTW: this was the smaller of the two large fanny packs that they had!!!

Bruce

Aug 7, 2002 at 3:26 AM Post #7 of 19
I think that Case Logic bg looks pretty decent, although that fake leather doesn't help. Nylon would definitely be better. As to looking like a purse, I don't think it does anymore that a lot of camcorder bags do.

I just got a great bag at of all paces, AAA. They have luggage discounted. I got a bag that holds My CD player / wallet combo, my Senn 497's, my cell phone, my sunglasses, my keys, and my wallet, all in nice separate little secured compartments. Its made of a real tough dark green nylon. Cost = $7.99. But I guess it does look alittle like a purse. But hey its a cool dark, green color.

This thing almost seems like it was designed for me, everything fits so perfectly. OK, I'm getting a little obsessive now....

Aug 7, 2002 at 4:18 AM Post #12 of 19
ummm...those pics are....small. Sorry!
biggrin.gif
From what i can decifer from the pics it looks like a nice bag, and from what i can tell, it does NOT look like a purse!
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

As to looking like a purse, I don't think it does anymore that a lot of camcorder bags do.

And that is the sole reason why i do not carry a camcorder around with me.
cool.gif

And yes i think having a bag in nylon instead of Koskin *slightly* reduces its appearance as a purse.

Aug 7, 2002 at 4:39 AM Post #13 of 19
Jeez, that's one big bag, and I can't even tell the size from the pics
wink.gif

I've got a (moderately) big one that holds two watter bottles, a CDP, CD-wallet (20 or so capacity), and the amp of your choice... I don't use it much anymore, I'm not a fanny-pack guy. It does come in handy for outdoor activities like cross-country skiing (which I've done all of 5 times).

Aug 7, 2002 at 2:01 PM Post #14 of 19
Sorry, only had a crappy digital camera at my disposal last night.

Yes, it's a BIG bag. If it were ~20% smaller and had a way to secure amp, cdp, and pockets for batteries, it would be perfect for my needs. But it still works well and was cheap. Had seen another bag that someone had suggested... Eagle Creek. But that was 50$ and didn't have the comfy waist attachment.

No, no one will mistake it for a purse. BTW: you probably can't tell from the pics but it's grey and black nylon.

Yes, it can hold a truckload of stuff. But, it also has cinches that can squish the bag into a smaller space. When squished, it holds my PCD and amp without much jostling about. Also holds 24 CD case, book, toys and a juice box for my three year old, etc. Suits my needs well.

Eric: yup, sounds like you had a very similar bag... could pack a bunch of stuff into it for hiking or xcountry skiing or whatever.

Two water bottle holders is a very nice feature to have, especially when out and about with the little one's tagging along. The wide belt means it stays in place comfortably despite all the goodies inside.

Will attempt some modifications to the bag later today. Depending on how they turn out, I may post pics... from a real camera!

Bruce

Aug 7, 2002 at 3:34 PM Post #15 of 19
Quote:

Originally posted by BDA_ABAT
Sorry, only had a crappy digital camera at my disposal last night.

Yes, it's a BIG bag. If it were ~20% smaller and had a way to secure amp, cdp, and pockets for batteries, it would be perfect for my needs. But it still works well and was cheap. Had seen another bag that someone had suggested... Eagle Creek. But that was 50$ and didn't have the comfy waist attachment.

No, no one will mistake it for a purse. BTW: you probably can't tell from the pics but it's grey and black nylon.

Yes, it can hold a truckload of stuff. But, it also has cinches that can squish the bag into a smaller space. When squished, it holds my PCD and amp without much jostling about. Also holds 24 CD case, book, toys and a juice box for my three year old, etc. Suits my needs well.

Eric: yup, sounds like you had a very similar bag... could pack a bunch of stuff into it for hiking or xcountry skiing or whatever.

Two water bottle holders is a very nice feature to have, especially when out and about with the little one's tagging along. The wide belt means it stays in place comfortably despite all the goodies inside.

Will attempt some modifications to the bag later today. Depending on how they turn out, I may post pics... from a real camera!

Bruce

Bruce,

The bag I'm using is an Eagle Creek. Very well put together, been using it everyday for quite some time and it looks new. They make a good product. (And with a name like "Matrix Boron", well I guess it doesn't get any more masculine than that for a shoulder bag
biggrin.gif
) If only it wouldn't slip off my shoulder every 4 or 5 steps...

Do post those pics if you get a chance, thanks !

BTW, that's steal at $20

Users who are viewing this thread

Back