Bicycle-Fi!
Feb 1, 2012 at 10:13 PM Post #1,771 of 4,418
Feb 2, 2012 at 8:11 PM Post #1,773 of 4,418

Quote:
^ Awesome, and its still a bicycle. Now recumbents...for some reason those two-wheeled pedaling things just piss me off. 

lol   they are comfy though
smily_headphones1.gif

and that trials video is full of awesome.

Feb 3, 2012 at 12:52 PM Post #1,774 of 4,418
I've got an old Raleigh steel road bike and a Trek 7.5FX, in addition to my mountain bike. I'm probably going to sell the FX, though, as it's a bit redundant. Back where I use to live, we had a nice long rails to trails bike path that I would ride often. Nothing like that in my new area, though, unfortunately.

Feb 3, 2012 at 1:02 PM Post #1,775 of 4,418

Quote:
Quote:
^ Awesome, and its still a bicycle. Now recumbents...for some reason those two-wheeled pedaling things just piss me off. 

lol   they are comfy though
smily_headphones1.gif

and that trials video is full of awesome.

Well, not really pissed off--more like highly irritated. :wink: And its true that most recumbent riders seem to be ex-hippies with full-faced beards--still bucking the system I guess.

They look dangerous to me, with much less maneuverability in an emergency. Plus they give up the ability to enlist alternate muscle groups by moving forwards or backwards on the saddle, nor is there an analogous position to peddling out of the saddle. 

Feb 6, 2012 at 8:08 PM Post #1,776 of 4,418
I have a Raleigh R300 that i got used for $200 on CL. Its my first road bike purchase so i havent ridden any better but it seems like a very durable and well built. 

Feb 11, 2012 at 1:52 AM Post #1,777 of 4,418
My new custom KISH Road SL:

Frame: Kish Custom Road SL - Reynolds 3/2.5 butted ti
Stem and headset spacers: Kish Custom mix of 3/2.5 and 6/4 ti
Fork: Enve 1.0
Shifters, Breaks, Front and Rear Derailleurs, Compact Crankset: Sram Force
Cassette: Sram OG-1070 11/25
Chain: Sram PC-1071
Bottom Bracket: Chris King
Headset: Chris King
Handlebar: Deda Zero 100 / Bar tape: Fizik microtex
Saddle: Fizik Aliante Gamma
Seatpost: Thompson Masterpiece
Seatpost collar: Extralite
Wheels: Hand spun by Jim Kish - DT Swiss RR465, DT Swiss spokes, black brass nipples / laced to Chris King hubs
Tires: Schwalbe Durano
Skewers: Far and Near ti axle/carbon wrapped alu handle
Pedals: Look Keo Classic
Bottle cages: Arundel Mandible
Computer: Garmin Edge 500

I was only able to take it for a spin once before coming down with the flu, but I'm extremely pleased with the fit, ride and quality. Dealing with Jim on this build was a pleasure and I think he nailed it. He was always prompt and truthful in answering questions and I received it in less than two months. I can't recommend him highly enough if you are looking at custom ti.

kQz7s.jpg

auZCW.jpg

DVCte.jpg

FVchv.jpg

uyBpt.jpg

xPuCt.jpg

Feb 11, 2012 at 12:43 PM Post #1,778 of 4,418
Oh man..............that is sweet!!!!!  Ti stem way cool.  Love the blue accents!  What kind of QR's are those?  I think I need those for my bike...........

Feb 16, 2012 at 4:28 PM Post #1,781 of 4,418

Quote:

Just saw you thread during a search at RBR. I'm planning on a ti frame in about a year. While having entertained Spectrum, Moots, and Lynsky--Kish is at the top of the list.

Owned a steel Spectrum a few years ago, so design wise Tom Kellogg's work already has currency. That he farms out  frame builds to a factory operation is a minus.

The good news is I have my sizings down to the .5cm, and know exactly the handling characteristic wanted. I'll probably go with a tight interpretation of the Colnago Mxl.

edit: I just noticed Tom is using Seven Cycles now.

Feb 19, 2012 at 11:38 AM Post #1,782 of 4,418
It was time for an overhaul with a few new components. 

Handlebars:  Deda Zero100 42cm o-t-o
Stem:  Easton EA90 -10° 13cm
Headset:  Cane Creek 8mm stack
Seatpost:  Deda SuperZero
Saddle:  Selle Italia Max Flite (early 90's)
Pedals:  Shimano Dura Ace PD-7810

Bottom Bracket:  VCRC Road Ceramic
Crank: SRAM Force
Shifters: SRAM REd
Derailleurs:  SRAM Force f/r
Chain:  KMC DX10SC
Cassette:  Shimano 6700
Brakes:  SRAM Rival
Wheelset: Campagnolo Neutron
Bottle Cages:  Arundel Sport

Feb 19, 2012 at 4:39 PM Post #1,783 of 4,418
Nice!  I did an overhaul two year ago and it was really worth it.  Like having a new bike.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back