Bicycle-Fi!
Sep 29, 2016 at 10:48 PM Post #3,856 of 4,419
The Private Jake all buttoned up and first ride in the books. Well...this was first ride in the pic. I have a couple hundo miles on it now.

Sep 30, 2016 at 2:56 PM Post #3,857 of 4,419

Ha! That chainring made my track bike jump out and hide in the shed.

All said a relief from the little granny rings that have become all to popular on city bikes these days.

LOL

Now you are referring to my family rider, 29'er with baby ring
blink.gif

A & H, that looks like a real nice ride sir
wink_face.gif

Have a great weekend everyone and enjoy your rides
beerchug.gif

Oct 1, 2016 at 2:50 PM Post #3,858 of 4,419
  The Private Jake all buttoned up and first ride in the books. Well...this was first ride in the pic. I have a couple hundo miles on it now.

Sweet!!

Oct 7, 2016 at 10:42 AM Post #3,859 of 4,419
Here's my baby and she is coming up on three years old now
bigsmile_face.gif

And before anyone starts thrashing me about my rigid White Brothers I like a totally rigid bike
wink_face.gif

beerchug.gif

Oct 22, 2016 at 10:00 PM Post #3,860 of 4,419
  Here's my baby and she is coming up on three years old now
bigsmile_face.gif

And before anyone starts thrashing me about my rigid White Brothers I like a totally rigid bike
wink_face.gif

beerchug.gif

All three of my bikes are rigid and two are single speed.

Oct 24, 2016 at 6:51 PM Post #3,861 of 4,419

A recent build that I call Lola. She is made up spare parts that I had laying around, used parts that I bought (frame and stem) and four new parts (bottom bracket,chain,seat post and brakes).

Oct 27, 2016 at 3:37 PM Post #3,862 of 4,419

A recent build that I call Lola. She is made up spare parts that I had laying around, used parts that I bought (frame and stem) and four new parts (bottom bracket,chain,seat post and brakes).

Nice, when I read her name I heard Will Smith saying it like he did in Shark Tale
biggrin.gif
LOL (LoooooowLa)

THX ArmAnd, I have better control with a rigid setup
wink_face.gif

Dec 5, 2016 at 10:06 AM Post #3,864 of 4,419
I just recently bought a Mountain Bike. I was looking for an entry/starter/novice level cross country/ trail MTB and was considering various known name brand models. Did plenty of research and the SE brand caught my attention. which I found reviews at http://www.bicycleadvisor.com/ and http://www.bicycling.com/. SE is known for their tough BMX racing bikes, and have expanded their line to other models. I figured SE knows how to make tough BMX bikes, why not take a chance on the MTB line. I'm glad I did.

Basic bikes are no longer basic. Take it you are looking at a Road bike and Providing you go for a good make and model - You won't go far wrong ---Subject to a test ride to confirm of course.

Used to be 105 as the entry level for a decent spec of groupset but I started 6 years ago on 8 speed Sora. It works and still works and has even been upgraded to 9 speed. So you can come down a bit on your old Roubaix to get a respectable ride. Frame and that is where the test ride comes in so I expect you to be haunting the bike shops to find out what is available in the lower end of the ranges and what style of frame will suit you.

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2016 at 1:44 PM Post #3,865 of 4,419
  Used to be 105 as the entry level for a decent spec of groupset but I started 6 years ago on 8 speed Sora. It works and still works and has even been upgraded to 9 speed. 

I have 9 speed Sora on my city bike. I keep trying to break it, so I can upgrade, but it just keeps working....

Dec 6, 2016 at 11:12 AM Post #3,866 of 4,419

I bought this gem in the rough,a 63cm '89 Schwinn Tempo frame (love the fork) and threw on some spare parts. Significant chipped paint and surface rust makes me consider stripping the paint completely and go for a clear coated bare metal look.

Dec 6, 2016 at 4:37 PM Post #3,867 of 4,419

I bought this gem in the rough,a 63cm '89 Schwinn Tempo frame (love the fork) and threw on some spare parts. Significant chipped paint and surface rust makes me consider stripping the paint completely and go for a clear coated bare metal look.

Nice, clear coat metal would be sweet. You are one tall dude, I'm 6' but with a 31" inseam I'm all fuselage
rolleyes.gif
I'd look like a baby in a high chair on that
eek.gif
LOL 

Then again I look like a Bear in the Circus on this thing
biggrin.gif

Had both my boys up and riding this before they were 5 and I just can't get rid of it
beerchug.gif

Dec 6, 2016 at 5:35 PM Post #3,868 of 4,419
  Nice, clear coat metal would be sweet. You are one tall dude, I'm 6' but with a 31" inseam I'm all fuselage
rolleyes.gif
I'd look like a baby in a high chair on that
eek.gif
LOL 

Then again I look like a Bear in the Circus on this thing
biggrin.gif

Had both my boys up and riding this before they were 5 and I just can't get rid of it
beerchug.gif

If you are considering clear coating a metal frame, have a look round your local industrial businesses, you may in fact be able to get a chrome job done very reasonably. I have an 80's Bianchi which is shedding its paint and chroming from a local shop is actually cheaper then getting it stripped and painted. Go figure.

On the "Circus bears on bicycles" theme:)

While all my riding cohorts were on the 29er bigger is bestus bent. I found this little demon at a goodwill shop. Still had all the nubbies on the tyres and looked well underused. So as an experiment we did the MicroGiant:)  Those are in fact 24 inch wheels and the handrail should give you some idea as to the overall size of the creature. What we wind up with here is almost an 18 speed bmx with a front suspension. Wickedly maneouverable what the small wheels lack in roll over for obstacles the jumpability of the bike overcomes. Awsome when you get off and throw it over your shoulder to hop up the 4 flights of stairs at the local locks to pick up the trail up top while others are stumbling and pingponging front wheel/rear wheel up the steps.

Dec 6, 2016 at 5:53 PM Post #3,869 of 4,419
If you are considering clear coating a metal frame, have a look round your local industrial businesses, you may in fact be able to get a chrome job done very reasonably. I have an 80's Bianchi which is shedding its paint and chroming from a local shop is actually cheaper then getting it stripped and painted. Go figure.

I am going to gather my options while I wait for winter to pass but chroming is very intriguing.

Dec 6, 2016 at 6:14 PM Post #3,870 of 4,419
This, is coming my way :

transmitter_nx1_yari_blk_angle.jpg

Can't wait. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back