Bi Flanges Tips for RE1?
Jul 16, 2008 at 1:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

moonboy403

Headphoneus Supremus
I just lost one of the bi flanges of my RE1 today.When I contacted head direct to see if I can buy one, Fang said they plan to sell tips "asap".

Now the questions:

1) Can I get other bi flanges over the internet and use them on my RE1?

2) Are they going to fit and sound the same?

3) I'm looking at these in particular: Click!

Thanks!

Jul 16, 2008 at 2:14 AM Post #2 of 10
The big bi-flanges or the small one? Only Head-Direct has the big one, but the small one can be found on many places. I'll recommend UE's bi-flanges as it seems to fit and sound better than those generic Sony one.

Jul 16, 2008 at 2:17 AM Post #3 of 10
Ugh!...I've read Antonyfirst's review about how the head direct's big bi flanges work better than the UE ones.

I guess I'll have to wait for head direct to sell them then.
frown.gif

Jul 16, 2008 at 2:22 AM Post #4 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by moonboy403 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ugh!...I've read Antonyfirst's review about how the head direct's big bi flanges work better than the UE ones.

I guess I'll have to wait for head direct to sell them then.
frown.gif

You can order them off Fang by emailing him a head.direct@gmail.com

However they are expensive atm ($30) due to China Post stopping small packaging orders being close to the Olympic Games (at least according to Fang).

Jul 16, 2008 at 3:26 AM Post #6 of 10
I am using Sleek Audio biflanges on my ER-6i's. They are great; comfortable and stay inplace very well. It may be worth taking a look at them. They have to be cheaper than going with the Head-Direct replacements.

Jul 16, 2008 at 4:26 AM Post #8 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by breakfastchef /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am using Sleek Audio biflanges on my ER-6i's. They are great; comfortable and stay inplace very well. It may be worth taking a look at them. They have to be cheaper than going with the Head-Direct replacements.

SA6's flanges will not fit on RE1.

Jul 16, 2008 at 4:40 AM Post #9 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by ClieOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
SA6's flanges will not fit on RE1.

Phew! Thanks ClieOS! I was ALMOST gonna hit the order button but you saved me!
tongue.gif

Jul 16, 2008 at 8:59 AM Post #10 of 10
Head-Direct earphones are compatible with UE style tips. You can get some great Comply T-400s if you want foamy goodness or buy some big bi-flanges from Fang. The big bi-flanges are really good, but so are the Comply foam tips.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back