5190 NW Neakahnie Ave 
Portland Oregon 97229

Google maps |||  Directions from Portland

Date: 27th of February, 2011
Time: 10 AM to 5PM
Gear Setup at 9:30 AM
Tear down at 5PM

Contact number : Sachu -> 503-877-4720

Parking:  After unloading your gear,  cars will need to be parked on the side of the road (free with no time limit) near the entrace to the private driveway to the condo complex. Then trek the 150-200m back to the venue.

Capacity: 20+

Entry fee: Totally optional but if you can throw 5$ each (if 10 or less attend) towards the clubhouse rental fee that would be rad!

Amenities: 
  • Microwave
  • Refrigerator
  • Pool table
  • Separate restrooms for the two genders on site. Basic i know..but noteworthy. 

What To bring:
  • folding tables (3 more in total would be helpful)
  • 4 folding chairs max
  • Snacks (whatever you fancy) and non-alcoholic beverage allowed in the clubhouse. Alcoholic beverages can be had in my condo. Still working out permit for alcoholic beverages to be allowed in the clubhouse.
  • Interconnects
  • Power cords
  • Extension Cords and outlets
  • Music (this is what we are all here..so bring your favorite CDs or (gah!) MP3s )

**Cleanup After meet**: I could definitely use any and all help to put everything back in order and clean up after ourselves at the end of the day so I don't get docked an additional 100$ :p

After meet dinner and spirits  @ Mcmennamins Imbrie Hall 

Any other questions please feel free to ask.

General etiquette and tips that applies to all HF meets regardless of where it is held. Shamelessly linking it to this excellently put together list. Must read for noobs! There'll be a quick pop quiz you need to be able to pass before allowed access 
very_evil_smiley.gif
.. okay okay.. am just having you on..but do read up on this nonetheless 
cool.gif

Attendee list:

•  Wharfrat
  • Alarickc (i'll be there,...maybe..we'll see...no please take my HE-6!) +1
  • Sachu
  • roadcykler
  • Devwild
  • sbradley02
  • Remitron
  • Danthemagicman
  • kulkuk (maybe)
  • Guruindrag (+1)
  • KB (ALO and 32 Ohm Audio)
  • Andrew H (Maximo Products)
  • Mikerobe
  •  
  •  
  •  

Gear List

Amplifiers
  • Cavalli Audio Liquid Fire prototype
  • Cavalli Audio Liquid Gold Prototype
  • DIY Cavalli Audio Exstata SS
  • Little Dot 1+
  • Redwine Audio  Isabellina HPA 
  • Head Direct EF-5
  • Leckerton Audio UHA-6S DAC/amp
  • Woo Audio WA6
  •  
  •  

Headphones
  • Audeze LCD-2 with ALO chain mail cable (x2)
  • Hifiman HE-6
  • Wharfedale Isodynamics in zebrawoods
  • Fostex T20V2
  • Yamaha YHE-50S
  • Smeggy Thunderpants (x2)
  • Hifiman HE-5
  • Denon D7000
  • Beyer DT770/pro 80
  • Audio Technica AD2000
  • Sennheiser HD 650
  • Alessandro MS2
  • Beyerdynamic DT-880/600 ohm

Sources

• Assemblage DAC 2.7
  • Rotel CD player
  • Macbook
  • Luxman D100 CD player
  • ALO MK2 AlgoRhythm Solo + Ipod Classic
  • Music Hall dac25.2 w/ Affordable Audio Level 3 Mods
  • Matrix M-Stage
  •  

Raffle/Giveaway:
    1. Headroom Total Airhead portable amp
    2. Headbanger portable amp
    3. JMoney V2 leather pads for Beyerdynamic (kind of pointless though if no one else has Beyers)

Guys, feel free to post what you plan on bringing to the meet..so we don't end up with 10 bags of chips and nothing else to munch on :D

The OP will be updated regularly with more information over the next couple of days.

Dec 2, 2010 at 5:43 PM Post #3 of 85
Oh hell yes!

So, will 32 Ohm Audio be hosting the event again?

Also, we now have a local custom IEM company:
http://www.1964ears.com/
http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/519457/has-anyone-heard-of-1964-ears

I still plan on getting the JH-16's some day.

Dec 9, 2010 at 12:03 AM Post #4 of 85
!!!

I just moved to portland, so this would be great!

Expect these fellas to join me for the party:

Music Hall dac25.2 (Lvl 3 mods by affordable audio)
Woo Audio 6 (PDPS mod)
Sennheiser 650's
Allesandro MS2's

Dec 21, 2010 at 3:05 PM Post #5 of 85
alrighty..let s get moving on this..seems there is a clubhouse in the place i will be moving into and they rent it out for about 75$ or so..will find out more details this weekend. But this could be an excellent venue option. I can also look into booking the hillsboro library meeting rooms.

Shall we shoot for the 29th/30th of Jan? How does that sound? THose interested ..please give a shout out if you have any suggestions with regards to whether the 29th/30th of Jan works for you

Dec 21, 2010 at 8:08 PM Post #6 of 85
I would love to be able to come! 
k701smile.gif

I can make it the 30th but not the 29th. 

Jan 11, 2011 at 11:05 AM Post #8 of 85
not that i know of..been way too busy moving and with my job...i will however confirm a date for it. I am thinking i should be able to host it at my apartment compex clucbhouse..will take a look at their facilities and what it costs and get back t you chaps in a coupeof days .

Jan 14, 2011 at 1:37 AM Post #9 of 85
Let me know...if not, thats ok...can see you at the March meet...or head down to Portland anyway and spend some time at ALO.  I have a broken (left side is dead) pair of brand new Ultrasone 650s.  I never returned for warranty replacement and maybe Ken can fix it....then I can sell it or have it recabled since I hear that the Ultrasone 780s are in high demand as the poor man's (me..me...me...) substitute for the Ed 8s....

So if you do have a meet...I could hit two birds with one stone...have fun both ways...but if life is busy..no pressure, Sachu.

Jan 24, 2011 at 5:14 AM Post #10 of 85
as someone newish to portland and head-fi, i'd love to be included in a PDX meet.  i don't have much to bring other than my lowly MS1i.  probably near future will be getting HD 600.
sachu - your collection is insane!  any chance you don't feel the need to have two HD 580s?  im looking for the next headphone that betters my HD 595 that I will be ridding of soon.

Jan 24, 2011 at 12:04 PM Post #11 of 85
I might just end up hosting a meet at my place if you guys are fine with that..i don't have a whole lot of headphone gear at the moment, but i can treat you to some planar heaven with my magnepans :)

Let me know if this is fine and we'll set a date in feb.

Jan 24, 2011 at 5:36 PM Post #12 of 85
That would be awesome! I would love to bring my HE-6, unfortunately I only have an EF-5 to power it. I'm waiting on the EF-6 and Lyr. 

Jan 24, 2011 at 5:40 PM Post #13 of 85
No worries, i will have the liquid GOld running hopefully by then to power the HE-6s, or if my EHHA is still hasn't sold, that should easily do the job by putting out 5 watts into 50 ohms. :) Damn excited to check out the HE-6 actually ..i'll have a TP, my wharfedale ID1s, and LCD-2 with ALO cable.

Jan 24, 2011 at 6:03 PM Post #15 of 85

Quote:
No worries, i will have the liquid Gold running hopefully by then to power the HE-6s, or if my EHHA is still hasn't sold, that should easily do the job by putting out 5 watts into 50 ohms. :) Damn excited to check out the HE-6 actually ..I'll have a TP, my wharfedale ID1s, and LCD-2 with ALO cable.

Awesome! I'll defiantly bring the HE-6. I'm looking forward to hearing your orthos! 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back