BHSE - tube rolling
May 9, 2017 at 10:38 PM Post #181 of 198
I received my Svetlana 2000 Winged C EL34's this afternoon and let them burn-in for 2hrs prior to listening and giving just my initial impressions listening with my 009. I feel these have nice potential to be a clear/detailed sounding tube. Cant wait to accumulate hundreds of hours on them for an accurate impression. Thanks @Bonesy Jonesy! I'm also waiting on the RFT's as well.

May 10, 2017 at 6:08 AM Post #182 of 198
Your welcome joseph69. Mine improved considerably when they got to around 150 to 200 hours of burn-in time.

I received my Svetlana 2000 Winged C EL34's this afternoon and let them burn-in for 2hrs prior to listening and giving just my initial impressions listening with my 009. I feel these have nice potential to be a clear/detailed sounding tube. Cant wait to accumulate hundreds of hours on them for an accurate impression. Thanks @Bonesy Jonesy! I'm also waiting on the RFT's as well.

May 10, 2017 at 6:12 AM Post #183 of 198
I would think the Messi's would be a good mat
I would think the Mesa Boogie's would be a good match with our set up BHSE & 009'S with the extra weight at the bottom end?

Last edited:
May 10, 2017 at 6:19 AM Post #184 of 198
When the Winged C's have fully burned in (mine took over 300 hours) they give very nice bottom end bass that is also clean and tight without muddying the midrange. For my ears I don't need any more bottom weight. My 009's vibrate with the bass on certain genres of music that have pronounced great low weight bass i.e. for example Reggie (Bob Marley), R&B (Kendrick Lamar), Heavy Rock (Led Zep) etc.

I would think the Messi's would be a good mat

I would think the Mesa Boogie's would by a good match with our set up BHSE & 009'S with the extra weight at the bottom end?

May 10, 2017 at 6:28 AM Post #185 of 198
When the Winged C's have fully burned in (mine took over 300 hours) they give very nice bottom end bass that is also clean and tight without muddying the midrange. For my ears I don't need any more bottom weight. My 009's vibrate with the bass on certain genres of music that have pronounced great low weight bass i.e. for example Reggie (Bob Marley), R&B (Kendrick Lamar), Heavy Rock (Led Zep) etc.
That's good to know, Do you believe they are a major step up from the stock tubes? I have yet to swap mine yet.

May 11, 2017 at 8:15 PM Post #188 of 198
Is there reissue double getter ? I have reissue but only single getter
Brent Jessee wrote me - I would suggest the Mullard reissue EL34M which is an Xf2 dual halo getter Mullard clone. These are made for Groove Tubes and really look and sound like the original Xf2 tubes. They are $80 per pair or $160 per quad, so half the cost of the Winged C.

May 12, 2017 at 5:56 PM Post #189 of 198
Brent Jessee wrote me - I would suggest the Mullard reissue EL34M which is an Xf2 dual halo getter Mullard clone. These are made for Groove Tubes and really look and sound like the original Xf2 tubes. They are $80 per pair or $160 per quad, so half the cost of the Winged C.

Well there are 3 types of Groove tubes. The regular, the medium and the large. I will check out the Medium quad and let you know sometime when I can pick it up

Sep 13, 2017 at 2:27 AM Post #190 of 198
Hi all,
I wonder why in may this year there are no more replies in this forum. The blogs were quite interesting and as I had just found it I was looking forward to further findings in tube rolling for the BHSE.

Sep 13, 2017 at 7:37 AM Post #191 of 198
When this tube rolling thread first started, some were unhappy that the BHSE thread was being split up, considering that much tube info was already embedded in the original thread. Whatever, we now have 2 threads, so there is some overlap.

Apr 13, 2018 at 3:40 PM Post #192 of 198
@Whitigir did you ever try the groove tubes. I am currently looking at the various new production tube options for el34. Not not considering 6ca7 as I have been advised against it.

Pretty expensive for a new production tube. Only more expensive new production is the sophia electric and psvane I think.

Apr 13, 2018 at 9:09 PM Post #194 of 198
Which version of their el34, the "m" "L" or "r" did you have ?

Edit also pricing is not as bad as I thought it was 60 for a pair. I thought it was each.

Apr 14, 2018 at 3:21 PM Post #195 of 198
8CEE4F91-D0F7-48EA-823D-14E749C2A318.jpeg
Which version of their el34, the "m" "L" or "r" did you have ?

Edit also pricing is not as bad as I thought it was 60 for a pair. I thought it was each.

Not too sure, this was what I tried

Users who are viewing this thread

Back