BGVP DM6 Sound Signature?
Nov 21, 2018 at 11:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

loopy.s

New Head-Fier
I can't find a lot of information on the BGVP DM6, so I'm hoping that you guys can help.

I've read that the mids are neutral, but I've also heard that the mids sound recessed. I'm not a fan of the v-shape/recessed mids so if this is the case I'd like to avoid these. Other than that these seem pretty neutral, but I'd like to hear what your guys' experience is with these.

Side question: If you also have experience with FiiO FH5 or Massdrop Plus could I get a comparison? I was about to purchase the MD+ today, but they went out of stock recently as there was stock when I checked last week and there's no drop for them. I'm trying to get as much information as I can to see if I should wait or not.

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2018 at 6:23 AM Post #2 of 9
I've got the BGVP DM6 on order but they will take a few weeks to arrive. I'm surprised that there's not a dedicated thread for them on here already. If they arrive soon then I can provide you with some feedback on them.

I can compare them to my recently-acquired AKG N40 (which are very, very good in terms of detail, separation and comfort).

Nov 27, 2018 at 12:31 AM Post #3 of 9
The DM6 are really good, especially for the price. They are very detailed, and the bass is almost dynamic levels. It is clean and does not bleed into the mids.
The vocals are recessed with the SPC cables, occ Copper takes care of that pretty well.
Treble is airy and pretty good in general.
Overall a pretty solid budget iem that can compete well over its price point.
Does better with balanced out if you have a player that sports that connection. .

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2018 at 3:47 AM Post #4 of 9
The DM6 are really good, especially for the price. They are very detailed, and the bass is almost dynamic levels. It is clean and does not bleed into the mids.
The vocals are recessed with the SPC cables, occ Copper takes care of that pretty well.
Treble is airy and pretty good in general.
Overall a pretty solid budget iem that can compete well over its price point.
Does better with balanced out if you have a player that sports that connection. .

Do you know of any specific cables that would work well with the DM6 ? I ordered mine from Amazon UK (seller is Linsoul Audio-UK). In the product description, it states this regarding the cables that will be supplied:

NOTE: The two kinds of cable will be sent randomly, either the white cable or the black silver cable, both are of high quality.

So I'm not sure exactly which cables are being referred to here.

Nov 27, 2018 at 3:50 AM Post #5 of 9
Do you know of any specific cables that would work well with the DM6 ? I ordered mine from Amazon UK (seller is Linsoul Audio-UK). In the product description, it states this regarding the cables that will be supplied:

So I'm not sure exactly which cables are being referred to here.
The cables that come with it are not very good to be honest. Any pure copper cable will be fine, I think aliexpress has OCC copper cables for like 30 bucks. You can go even cheaper.
Don't have to get particularly fancy with it :)

Nov 30, 2018 at 10:34 AM Post #8 of 9
I ended up ordering the BGVP DM6 from Penon with express shipping and got it in a few days. You can pick the cable using Penon so I grabbed the silver plated copper cable over the silver cable.

Here's a quick review with comparisons to the iBasso IT03s.

The DM6 is a close to neutral, analytical pair of IEMs. The mids are ever so slightly recessed but they're placed where they should be. They're better than the IT03s recessed hollow mids. Good tight lows but it doesn't extend or have as much detail compared to IT03s. The treble is very good, a lot of detail and extension more so than the IT03s, and they don't have those peaks that hurt my ears like the IT03s but aren't as airy. The soundstage feels a bit cramped for me especially compared to the IT03s super wide soundstage.

Overall they're pretty good. I want to say that the IT03s are more fun to listen to for energetic tracks but the DM6 is a better all rounder. I prefer the DM6 as the peaky treble in the IT03s hurt my ears and I couldn't listen to them for more than 15-20 minutes. The mids are a lot better too which I really felt was really lacking in the IT03s. I want to say that the DM6 is very true to sound and don't color the tracks in any way. Poorly mixed tracks become apparent but so do well mixed tracks. Really my only complaint is the soundstage. I'm going to try a silver and copper cable to see how they affect soundstage and mids respectively.

Dec 17, 2018 at 10:24 PM Post #9 of 9
Update on DM6:

The source seems to affect these a lot. I was using the Hidizs Sonata HD USB-C to 3.5mm DAC, which is what lead me to my previous description. I've been listening to music on my MBP 2018 through it's 3.5mm jack and a lot of the issues I've had with it are gone. The soundstage no longer sounds cramped, and the mids aren't as recessed as I thought. I would still appreciate thicker mids, but that's because of my personal taste and not because of the shortcomings of the DM6. The lows still beg for more quality but the quantity is just right. It's still an analytical IEM as I mentioned before, but these are a lot better than I initially thought.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back