BGVP discussion thread DM7/ DM6/DMG and NEW BA series
Dec 9, 2018 at 11:36 PM Post #422 of 5,353
My custom DM6 finally shipped from A&V store, glad I upgraded shipping to DHL as it shows delivery date of Wednesday the 12th. Interesting thing is that it’s shipping from Singapore.

How much did it cost to change to DHL?

I choose free delivery, so I think I have to wait for two weeks.

Dec 10, 2018 at 1:16 AM Post #424 of 5,353
When I got the DM6, i really hated them and can understand why we saw so many end up in the buysell section of headfi.

My initial impressions were:
- Dark
-Doesn't breathe
-Grainy treble
-Vocals are a complete mess

I was ready to put them up for grabs as well, but my parents didn't raise a quitter. To be honest the demand for them was still high, I could use for 1 more week and everyone would still be wondering about the location of their fake tracking number DM6's.

I believe it is the dip in the 8k - 16k region, which my other iems there is a peak in that region. However after putting myself through strenuous DM6 bootcamp and adjusting to its sound signature I have been rewarded with its highly praised sound. Very musical, amazing instrument separation, and revealing small details in songs I never noticed. I think the DM6 does exceptionally well with Jazz. I throw on Norah Jones, Quincy Jones, Emilie-Claire Barlow, Scott Hamilton, and its guaranteed a one way ticket to audio bliss land. So those who are on the verge of listing them, hang in there for 3-4 days!!

Below is the current family photo: (BIG THANKS TO HBB FOR THE F9 PRO)

2h2oxe0.jpg

Dec 10, 2018 at 1:27 AM Post #425 of 5,353
When I got the DM6, i really hated them and can understand why we saw so many end up in the buysell section of headfi.

- Dark
-Doesn't breathe
-Grainy treble

I was ready to put them up for grabs as well, but my parents didn't raise a quitter. To be honest the demand for them was still high, I could use for 1 more week and everyone would still be wondering about the location of their fake tracking number DM6's.

I believe it is the dip in the 8k - 16k region, which my other iems there is a peak in that region. However after putting myself through strenuous DM6 bootcamp and adjusting to its sound signature I have been rewarded with its highly praised sound. Very musical, amazing instrument separation, and revealing small details in songs I never noticed. I think the DM6 does exceptionally well with Jazz. I throw on Norah Jones, Quincy Jones, Emilie-Claire Barlow, Scott Hamilton, and its guaranteed a one way ticket to audio bliss land. So those who are on the verge of listing them, hang in there for 3-4 days!!

2h2oxe0.jpg
This right here is why I don't believe in drive through reviews, and out of the box impressions. It takes time to get to know an iem.

Dec 10, 2018 at 1:45 AM Post #426 of 5,353

- Dark
-Doesn't breathe
-Grainy treble

2h2oxe0.jpg

No...
THANK YOU.....

3:27 PM

Hi Chris

I just noticed another PayPal deposit?

Thank You So Much..!!

I have been spreading the money around to help some of the great local rescues..!!

And I sent some money to a FB "friend" of mine that I've never met, but she's really going through a rough time and needed some help to feed her cat, her 2 dogs, and herself.

Your cash went to help animals. Enjoy your holidays!

Dec 10, 2018 at 1:54 AM Post #427 of 5,353
This right here is why I don't believe in drive through reviews, and out of the box impressions. It takes time to get to know an iem.

i believe in short time testing... mainly to protect my wallet....give some time i (most of the time) will find some way to make it work and ended up loving everything... you see how dangerous that is (to the wallet)? :grin:

Dec 10, 2018 at 2:08 AM Post #428 of 5,353
The RHA CL2 is the best iem I have ever heard.
If I would have done a short time test on these, I would have missed out on one of the best audio purchases. :)
Yes you save money, but you also risk passing on gems.
ADD: DM6 is in the same boat. This iem takes a bit of time to get your head around, and burn in.

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2018 at 3:26 AM Post #429 of 5,353
For me, I think I FINALLY figured this thing out. I am now using the largest tips that I have (big round ones that fit over my ear canal and create a seal that way). I had been using all sorts of tips in my ear but couldn’t get the mids or highs to sound clear enough for my liking. Now...just fantastic. Full range represented. I can now say, these are totally worth it.

Dec 10, 2018 at 3:56 AM Post #430 of 5,353
For me, I think I FINALLY figured this thing out. I am now using the largest tips that I have (big round ones that fit over my ear canal and create a seal that way). I had been using all sorts of tips in my ear but couldn’t get the mids or highs to sound clear enough for my liking. Now...just fantastic. Full range represented. I can now say, these are totally worth it.

Wide/narrow bore?
Imho using the largest tips makes the iem stick out of your ears too much.
I like them with wide bore and deep insertion = small peeled Symbio W (I usually use medium sized tips, symbios are bigger).
I think treble is cleaner with deeper insertion.

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2018 at 4:50 AM Post #432 of 5,353
Wide/narrow bore?
Imho using the largest tips makes the iem stick out of your ears too much.
I like them with wide bore and deep insertion = small peeled Symbio W (I usually use medium sized tips, symbios are bigger).
I think treble is cleaner with deeper insertion.
I have peeled Symbios that I was using, but inserted, I thought that they crammed the soundstage a bit and lost energy and lost a bit of sub frequency. A good sound, but boring. Finals were too muddy in the mids. I’m now using some really big round thin silicone ones that came with my IT03 IBasso (big round mediumish bore) These were useless and boomy with those, but surprisingly clear and articulate with the DM6. Go figure. Now I can hear the highs clearly, vocals are not recessed and the Bass is nice and visceral. Strange but true.

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2018 at 6:04 AM Post #433 of 5,353

- Dark
-Doesn't breathe
-Grainy treble

2h2oxe0.jpg
So, do I understand correctly that you simply had to get used to the DM6´s sound as you were used how your former IEMs sounded differently, especially in the 8 - 16 k area or did you also have to play around with different adjustments. I am still waiting for mine but I figured that for most that have received it, the truth of good sound lies in the Tips used. It seems that a lot of users prefer bigger tips giving good seal. I am not a champion with tips yet but is there a good set of different sized/quality tips to order so I have (in addition to the standard tips coming with the DM6) a good amount of different sizes/materials to play around with in order to find the best sound for my liking?

Dec 10, 2018 at 6:20 AM Post #434 of 5,353
I have peeled Symbios that I was using, but inserted, I thought that they crammed the soundstage a bit and lost energy and lost a bit of sub frequency. A good sound, but boring. Finals were too muddy in the mids. I’m now using some really big round thin silicone ones that came with my IT03 IBasso (big round mediumish bore) These were useless and boomy with those, but surprisingly clear and articulate with the DM6. Go figure. Now I can hear the highs clearly, vocals are not recessed and the Bass is nice and visceral. Strange but true.
damm, I am using the Finals on mine, hope the tips of ITO1 are the same that comes with IT03, will search for those big round silicone tips and try them out,

Dec 10, 2018 at 10:11 AM Post #435 of 5,353
So, do I understand correctly that you simply had to get used to the DM6´s sound as you were used how your former IEMs sounded differently, especially in the 8 - 16 k area or did you also have to play around with different adjustments. I am still waiting for mine but I figured that for most that have received it, the truth of good sound lies in the Tips used. It seems that a lot of users prefer bigger tips giving good seal. I am not a champion with tips yet but is there a good set of different sized/quality tips to order so I have (in addition to the standard tips coming with the DM6) a good amount of different sizes/materials to play around with in order to find the best sound for my liking?

It was simply getting used to its sound, while I was drawn towards eqing them, it is better to appreciate the intended sound and my eq does not have bands in between those two values to adjust :/ . Im currently using the stock sony hybrid like tips which i find very neutral in tone and I have used those tips on ue900, tf10, kz zs5 etc. I have a tin of many tips but some tips do not stay on because the nozzle area is rather short on the DM6, and if I install the tips deeper onto the dm6 it affects the treble negatively. I also feel I should find invest more time and money into tips now. I have considered spinfits but don't know how they compare to the symbios!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back