BGVP discussion thread DM7/ DM6/DMG and NEW BA series
Sep 11, 2021 at 4:09 AM Post #5,296 of 5,353
Have to add in this thread that currently waiting for BGVP DH5 to arrive and it ll be my pleasure to share my thoughts here upon first listen.

Sep 11, 2021 at 4:14 AM Post #5,297 of 5,353
I’m listening to the DM6 at the moment. While it may not be perfect, I still can’t get over how complete it is for the price. They really hit the nail on the head, as far as making a fun headphone?

Issues that I used to have with the DM6 I forgot about, meaning I don’t remember what they were and it doesn’t matter as they don’t exist now? I keep the pair I use in a Pelican case and baby them. I use a Walkman 1Z with aftermarket firmware that seems to draw out the best. Combined with the Sony MUC-M12NB1 cable it’s great in 4.4mm. I have other IEMs but none are quite like the DM6? The best part is probably the midrange? And I have such issues saying that as the DM6 is not known for mids, but they are expanded out into the soundstage really well, I love the imaging, even though it’s not the best at everything. What it does it does well!

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2021 at 4:19 AM Post #5,298 of 5,353
I’m listening to the DM6 at the moment. While it may not be perfect, I still can’t get over how complete it is for the price. They really hit the nail on the head, as far as making a fun headphone?

Issues that I used to have with the DM6 I forgot about, meaning I don’t remember what they were and it doesn’t matter as they don’t exist now? I keep the pair I use in a Pelican case and baby them. I use a Walkman 1Z with aftermarket firmware that seems to draw out the best of them. Combined with the Sony MUC-M12NB1 cable it’s great in 4.4mm. I have other IEMs but none are quite like the DM6? The best part is probably the midrange? And I have such issues saying that as the DM6 is not known for mids, but they are expanded out into the soundstage really well, a love the imaging, even though it’s not the best at everything. What it does it does well!

"They really hit the nail on the head, as far as making a fun headphone?"

They certainly do.......
Just listen "dawn of the iconoclast" DCD on DM6 and loose yourself in there man.....

Sep 11, 2021 at 4:24 AM Post #5,299 of 5,353
"They really hit the nail on the head, as far as making a fun headphone?"

They certainly do.......
Just listen "dawn of the iconoclast" DCD on DM6 and loose yourself in there man.....
Ya, her voice on that recoding is amazing. I have 1st pressing vinyl imported, 1st pressing CD imported, Remaster CD and hi-res of that album. But her voice is actually well represented with the DM6, and you may grab (mistakenly) another IEM for that challenge.....but you’re right....it’s great! Somehow it may even be perfect? The drums have a slight distortion that I’m not sure I hear with other sets........but those sets didn’t cost $200 either! The DM6 is a classic!

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2021 at 8:48 AM Post #5,300 of 5,353
Ya, her voice on that recoding is amazing. I have 1st pressing vinyl imported, 1st pressing CD imported, Remaster CD and hi-res of that album. But her voice is actually well represented with the DM6, and you may grab (mistakenly) another IEM for that challenge.....but you’re right....it’s great! Somehow it may even be perfect? The drums have a slight distortion that I’m not sure I hear with other sets........but those sets didn’t cost $200 either! The DM6 is a classic!
A classic indeed..
Like "beneath a realm of a dying sun" is
Imo.. between 200 & 300 $
DM6 / DK2001 & ISN H40 have all of them equally strong presentations....

Sep 24, 2021 at 2:23 PM Post #5,302 of 5,353
Hello.
Did you recieve them? Looking for any impressions about them.
according to the tracking info I suppose I ll have them a week from now....

Last edited:
Sep 27, 2021 at 1:07 AM Post #5,303 of 5,353
Interested to know how the DH5 sounds like, it has very impressive specs for $85, a bit too good for the price if you ask me.

Not pulling the trigger given BGVP's track record, especially with how garbage the NS9 is.

Oct 19, 2021 at 12:53 AM Post #5,305 of 5,353
I got the BGVP DN3 recently for a listen and review. It is a fine little piece for around $80, while having a crowd pleasing tuning generated from a proven formula. It initially impressed me at the first listen, but was not able to retain my attention for long afterwards. Here is my review if anyone would like to read it:

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/bgvp-dn3.25350/review/27063/

20211018_083646.jpg

Nov 4, 2021 at 1:44 PM Post #5,307 of 5,353
Nov 4, 2021 at 3:04 PM Post #5,308 of 5,353
Dunno how come ppl like dh5. Got em for 55$ and even after that i returned em back. Their only plus is awesome look and cable.
Very-very bright, shouty, sibilants sometimes. No bass at all, no depth, no punch. ZAX are bassheads comparing to dh5 lol Hard and speedy tracks are bad on these.
Was listeting on hiby r5.

Nov 28, 2021 at 4:41 PM Post #5,309 of 5,353
Hi guys,

I read somewhere in this thread that VG4 had tuning update last year.

I just bought VG4 last month serial code 199. How do I know if it is after or before tuning update?

I just send an email to bgvp, not yet replied.

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2021 at 7:55 PM Post #5,310 of 5,353
Hey guys! Hope everyone's safe and doing well. Here is my review of the new and updated BGVP VG4. I had a small role to play in BGVP updating the tuning. It's all there in the Preamble. Happy reading and let me know if you have any questions for me! Cheers! :D

VG4 Collage.jpg
Can you tell the serial number etched in the VG4 unit for the new 2.0 tuning?

Mine is 199.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back