BGVP discussion thread DM7/ DM6/DMG and NEW BA series
Nov 24, 2020 at 7:34 AM Post #4,906 of 5,353
Some photos of DM8 wooden version from a friend of mine. He loves it btw! I also ordered one on 11.11 as well as some of our friends :) Looking forward to get mine.

thanks for sharing. They look great.
so tempted to order a wooden pair. Was hoping to see more reviews before pulling the trigger though.

Nov 24, 2020 at 2:43 PM Post #4,907 of 5,353
Sounded better than Fearless S8F/Z, Mangird Tea and Moondrop Blessing 2.... Im really impressed!

Attachments

• IMG_20201123_182709.jpg
    IMG_20201123_182709.jpg
    6.6 MB · Views: 0
Nov 24, 2020 at 3:06 PM Post #4,908 of 5,353
Sounded better than Fearless S8F/Z, Mangird Tea and Moondrop Blessing 2.... Im really impressed!

They look so good.
Do they exhibit the same recessed almost veiled mid range like the dm6? What’s your thoughts on soundstage?

Nov 24, 2020 at 3:16 PM Post #4,909 of 5,353
Those are really well respected IEMs that you are mentioning. Would you be able to elaborate what the impressive and superior traits of the DM8 are? Thanks.

Nov 24, 2020 at 4:17 PM Post #4,910 of 5,353

Those are really well respected IEMs that you are mentioning. Would you be able to elaborate what the impressive and superior traits of the DM8 are? Thanks.
I'm also curious about this.
I don't see the mentioned IEMs in your signature, so how did you compare, or A/B them?

Also it looks like i will be receiving my BGVP DM8 in two days, can't wait! (Silver color)

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2020 at 5:11 PM Post #4,911 of 5,353
They look so good.
Do they exhibit the same recessed almost veiled mid range like the dm6? What’s your thoughts on soundstage?
No at all, the mid range is prominent, vocals stand out both male and female - forward not shouty, a faint of musicality yet gives a good texture timbre on the instruments. Details can be perceived very well.
However, the soundstage is not very wide but above average but imaging and separation is excellent.

Nov 24, 2020 at 5:21 PM Post #4,912 of 5,353
I'm also curious about this.
I don't see the mentioned IEMs in your signature, so how did you compare, or A/B them?

Also it looks like i will be receiving my BGVP DM8 in two days, can't wait! (Silver color)

Yes i dont own the said iem that i stated but my best friend(who is also an avid listener to high-end iem) has a small business selling chifi products so i was given the opportunity to audition them. I test them with particularly unknown music to me were given by my friend to test myriads of genres. We both drove into different conclusion but it somewhat similar:
Here is my brief analysis that was put up to compare with each other:

"ll be brief: bass is decent, fast decay response, not boomy/rumbling bass, no bloated bass, clean and good detail bass with tinge of natural timbre texture

Mids: mild V, still can perceive forward vocals both male and female, slightly musical but towards analytical, and good timbre texture

Treble: treble extension is excellent(no treble roll off), analytical, not piercing(depending on the eartips), v.good timbre texture

soundsage is above average and excellent music separation"

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2020 at 5:35 PM Post #4,913 of 5,353
It is easy to be better than B2 and Mangrid tea, both of them are pretty normal IEM, but I am more interested to see how does it compare to the S8z.

Nov 24, 2020 at 5:37 PM Post #4,914 of 5,353
Just add on some details on the comparison i made: fearless s8f/z sure is undeniably excellent iem. To me, the vocal on the s8f abit recessed. The high sometime be piercing however the detail retrieval on both s8f and dm8 are awesome it is difficult to determine the clear winner.....Moreover, s8f/z is detailed able to retrieve every nuances in a music but just lacking the tonal character of the instruments.
But for mangird tea i dont know why to me it felt missing in some genre but very good in vocal oriented music and sometime it might get very shouty....

I havent compare to the thieaudio Monarch and Clairvoyance

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2020 at 6:08 PM Post #4,915 of 5,353
I forgot to mention that the Dm8 wooden texture version build more durable than its predecessors. Not sure durability the one otherwise.
This really shows BGVP is improving and take in feedbacks and receive critics constructively and i will continue to support BGVP despite the numerous setbacks

Nov 25, 2020 at 5:16 AM Post #4,916 of 5,353
Decided to join the party and placed an order for the wood DM8 :)

Nov 25, 2020 at 6:31 AM Post #4,917 of 5,353
I made a full video review about the Art MAgic VG4 IEMs :)

No your typical IEM, a bit hard to drive , or rather complicated to pair, and the final sound is not exactly just one, but a configurable one. Still good price/performance ratio. There's music in the backgroud of the video too, so i hope it is fun to watch!

Nov 26, 2020 at 3:43 PM Post #4,918 of 5,353
Regarding the BGVP VG4.

My dear friends from russian DIY community are discovered a big tweak for this IEM, makes it sound more balanced and natural.
I want to shre it with you guys.
VG4 acts differently depending on source's output impedance. Sources with ~0-2 Ohm makes it sound too bright and shouty. 15+ Ohm output impedance makes it too boomy.
By a number of experiments the optimal output impedance for the balanced sound was found - 8 Ohm. So you'd better have 8 Ohm source or just add this impedance to your VG4 or cable(like iFi audio iEMatch, but with a lower impedance).
Here is what a modded VG4 looks like with 8 Ohm resistor added to the MMCX connector:
IMG-20200808-232133-443.jpg

The frequency response graph with 0 impedance source before (red) and after the mod (green) looks like this:

IMG-20200808-231101-043.jpg

It is still a pretty bright but much more pleasant and balanced sounding IEM with correct and natural lower mids and enjoyful treble.

I hope this info will help VG4 owners to unfold it's full potential.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back