BGVP discussion thread DM7/ DM6/DMG and NEW BA series
Aug 18, 2019 at 10:06 AM Post #4,501 of 5,353
What is the exact nozzle diameter of the DM6 if I were to buy a metal screen for it?

Aug 18, 2019 at 2:48 PM Post #4,502 of 5,353
I got my DMG and loved them. I got the DM6 not long after BGGA posted his vid and love them too.

Using my DMG with a Bluetooth cable and the DM6 with an ES100 and Mandarins and enjoy them both to this day.

Sucks for those who had issues, I’d buy again, no question.

Aug 19, 2019 at 12:28 AM Post #4,504 of 5,353
I don't have anything to measure with right now, but what I was wondering why would you cover up the bores with a metal screen? The sound will change for sure, probably making it sound a bit muffled.
I’m assured by @Slater metal doesn’t alter the sound, but thank you.

Aug 20, 2019 at 4:22 AM Post #4,505 of 5,353
When I first got my DM7 I was very impressed by the sound. I felt it was a risk buying from Linsoul UK knowing the DM7 would be coming from China, but they arrived within 7 days and boy were they great, and then bam. the left side went, I am sure I heard a pop and the bass just dropped out. Sending back was not a great experience. I had to pay for return postage, and had to return for a repair. Linsoul did cover the postage once the DM7 arrived. But I got them through Linsoul UK and after some searching realised that under Amazon UK policy, they should have covered return cost before I sent back, and, although this is a difficult position, once I had notified Linsoul UK of the problem they should have offered a full refund or a replacement, without requesting me to send back the DM7, the reason being Linsoul UK is in UK and I should not have had to send back to China, being that as far as Amazon UK are concerned the DM7 came from a UK company.

I would like to purchase the Tin P1 but they too come via Linsoul UK and it does appear that Linsoul UK are not fully aware of Amazon policy and as such I am really unsure if I want to take the risk again, given that Linsoul has suggested that it could take a month for a repair/replacement DM7 to arrive, and that does not include how long it will take for the repair/replacement to be delivered. As much as I liked the DM7 with the problems I have had I am thinking of pushing for a refund and up grading my FiiO FH5 to FH7.

Aug 20, 2019 at 4:27 AM Post #4,506 of 5,353
BGVP-DM7-1.jpg IMG_20190808_115304_653.jpg
When I first got my DM7 I was very impressed by the sound. I felt it was a risk buying from Linsoul UK knowing the DM7 would be coming from China, but they arrived within 7 days and boy were they great, and then bam. the left side went, I am sure I heard a pop and the bass just dropped out. Sending back was not a great experience. I had to pay for return postage, and had to return for a repair. Linsoul did cover the postage once the DM7 arrived. But I got them through Linsoul UK and after some searching realised that under Amazon UK policy, they should have covered return cost before I sent back, and, although this is a difficult position, once I had notified Linsoul UK of the problem they should have offered a full refund or a replacement, without requesting me to send back the DM7, the reason being Linsoul UK is in UK and I should not have had to send back to China, being that as far as Amazon UK are concerned the DM7 came from a UK company.

I would like to purchase the Tin P1 but they too come via Linsoul UK and it does appear that Linsoul UK are not fully aware of Amazon policy and as such I am really unsure if I want to take the risk again, given that Linsoul has suggested that it could take a month for a repair/replacement DM7 to arrive, and that does not include how long it will take for the repair/replacement to be delivered. As much as I liked the DM7 with the problems I have had I am thinking of pushing for a refund and up grading my FiiO FH5 to FH7.

I had have the same problem like you with the left connect.
To continue issue about different sample bgvp dm7

First picture from some review and the second is my sample.
As you can see they changed middle - high filter where set ED-29689 and my sample has frequancy dip exactly there where the sample from Crinacle doesn't have...

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2019 at 12:40 AM Post #4,508 of 5,353
Anyone know anything about the newly released dh3

its a hybrid (1 DD and 2 knowles balance armatures) iem with 2 pin switches to adjust the bass and the mid to mid-treble( i think).
it comes with 2 variants : Clear and solid white.

here are the specs:
Specification

Drivers:

Knowles Balanced Armatures*2

Dynamic Diaphragm Driver*1

Features: 2 Tuning Switch; 4 Styles of Tuning Available

Sensitivity: ≥105dB SPL/MW

Input impedance: 15 Ω

Frequency response: 10Hz-40kHz

The distortion rate: ≤0.5% (1 KHZ)

Channel balanced: ≤1 dB

Rated power: 7mW

Cable length: 1.2m ±5%

Aug 21, 2019 at 4:59 AM Post #4,509 of 5,353
Aug 21, 2019 at 12:42 PM Post #4,512 of 5,353
Let's hope the QC stuff is resolved. That's what has held me back . Look forward to getting some of these out in the wild.

Aug 21, 2019 at 3:07 PM Post #4,513 of 5,353
84FC0238-C3DC-463F-B93B-BBCE990F4A43.jpeg
363E8FF1-6D3B-4A93-874A-B4FF14C5830C.jpeg
715C8501-0230-4532-8F4D-3AD942DC89F9.jpeg
B75B04A8-C75E-4B33-A996-9EA42D40BFCF.jpeg
1558BDC6-27EB-4DFF-8499-B3FD7D9FB250.jpeg

The new line looks cool!

Attachments

• 7EAEBE9B-14A1-43C7-B6DB-E82CCF4E11B5.jpeg
    7EAEBE9B-14A1-43C7-B6DB-E82CCF4E11B5.jpeg
    73.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Aug 23, 2019 at 11:20 AM Post #4,514 of 5,353
My BGVP DMS just arrived and I am kind of disappointed. It sounds low fi to my ears, not even mid fi. The bass is bloated. The mids are warm, moderately detailed, and kinda recessed. The midrange texture is rough, not smooth like I read in reviews. Treble extends well, but again is rough and dull. The soundstage and imaging is decent. It is not fatiguing, but apart from the treble extension and soundstage, everything sounds low fi. I have the moondrop kanas pro which is priced around the same and it sounds much better. I am expecting them to change after some usage. I hope they do. Anyone here experienced the same with their DMS?

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2019 at 12:18 PM Post #4,515 of 5,353
My BGVP DMS just arrived and I am kind of disappointed. It sounds low fi to my ears, not even mid fi. The bass is bloated. The mids are warm, moderately detailed, and kinda recessed. The midrange texture is rough, not smooth like I read in reviews. Treble extends well, but again is rough and dull. The soundstage and imaging is decent. It is not fatiguing, but apart from the treble extension and soundstage, everything sounds low fi. I have the moondrop kanas pro which is priced around the same and it sounds much better. I am expecting them to change after some usage. I hope they do. Anyone here experienced the same with their DMS?
Maybe legendary quality control of BGVP?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back