BGVP discussion thread DM7/ DM6/DMG and NEW BA series
Jun 18, 2019 at 5:20 AM Post #4,276 of 5,353
For me, chi fi is a stepping stone to a great and totl iems, with that experience, you can deduce that to what he said quote "you get what you pay for" Furthermore, chi-fi is improving and still striving to be the greatest like fiio or maybe fearless audio. I agree to what dakchi said campfire audio andro and atlas are pretty excellent iem. However im gonna praise Noble kaiser encore to be my totl iem :)
So i get what a pay for ? I payed 170 euro for a sibilant channel imbalance iem whit a loose conector that vibrates on bass like when a sumo ringer farts against my door and had to send them back to china for 20 euro and wait 1 month to hear from the manufactor that it is normal that the connector is loose and there is no imbalance or vibrating and that they wont change it

Yes thats for what i paying for

Jun 18, 2019 at 5:25 AM Post #4,277 of 5,353
So i get what a pay for ? I payed 170 euro for a sibilant channel imbalance iem whit a loose conector that vibrates on bass like when a sumo ringer farts against my door and had to send them back to china for 20 euro and wait 1 month to hear from the manufactor that it is normal that the connector is loose and there is no imbalance or vibrating and that they wont change it

Buy real IEM and you won't regret it. You can get a second hand Andromeda for the price of a fearless S8. You will be amazed by the quality of build and sound

Jun 18, 2019 at 5:30 AM Post #4,278 of 5,353

im sorry thats happen to you, however, directing your grievance here does not help and write a complaint to the company and settle the issue you encounter.
I too got few fault in some iem i own i write up and they make changes but i believe change take time. If you got irritate by receiving faulty iem, save and buy a real iem...

Jun 18, 2019 at 5:34 AM Post #4,279 of 5,353
I bought DM6 6 months ago based on rec from Hawai bad boy and the community here. At that time, there were even members who were comparing them with Andromeda. I was excited to have an IEM at 199$ that sounds like an IEM at 1099$. Unfortunately, I have been very disappointed by the sibillance in DM6. I just can't listen to some music with them. Then I bought Andromeda and was very impressed by their performance. Yes they cost 5 times the price of DM6 but the difference is just huge. Now I enjoy listening to all the details in my music without any sibillance and with an amazing soundstage. After Andromeda, I bought a set of Atlas and was again impressed by these IEM
My conclusion from this experience is: you get what you pay for. I prefer to invest more money in good IEM once for all and enjoy my music, rather than buying 10 Chifi IEM that would have QC problems or sound horrible. I don't trust Chifi anymore and won't buy any chifi in the future

Thanks to the grievances in this group, I resisted the temptation to buy a DM7, went to the store to try out a few stuff, and ended up getting the inear Prophile SD5 (got an ex-demo sale). Now I am very happy with it.

Jun 18, 2019 at 5:38 AM Post #4,280 of 5,353
Buy real IEM and you won't regret it. You can get a second hand Andromeda for the price of a fearless S8. You will be amazed by the quality of build and sound
Thanks to the grievances in this group, I resisted the temptation to buy a DM7, went to the store to try out a few stuff, and ended up getting the inear Prophile SD5 (got an ex-demo sale). Now I am very happy with it.

oh yes, i need to audition that iem, hows the sq btw?

Jun 18, 2019 at 5:44 AM Post #4,281 of 5,353
im sorry thats happen to you, however, directing your grievance here does not help and write a complaint to the company and settle the issue you encounter.
I too got few fault in some iem i own i write up and they make changes but i believe change take time. If you got irritate by receiving faulty iem, save and buy a real iem...
Yes you are right excuse me

Jun 18, 2019 at 6:10 AM Post #4,283 of 5,353
oh yes, i need to audition that iem, hows the sq btw?

Wide soundstage, punchy bass, great vocal. The thing I love the most is the fit. I didnt expect that little black lump of an iem could fit so perfectly well in my ears. I tried the sd4, sd5, and the flagship prophile 8, and decided to go with the 5. The sd4's tuning is very close to the andromeda (which I already owned) and the flagship is just too expensive at this point (plus it sounds a tad too technical for my taste). I highly recommend if they are on sale. I got a cheaper pair that was previously used as an in-store demo.

Jun 18, 2019 at 6:46 AM Post #4,285 of 5,353
i got my DM6 since last October, and even got the DMG earlier, been using them nearly everyday, haven't encountered problems yet

perhaps the sudden demand of their products have strained their QC a bit

Jun 18, 2019 at 7:24 AM Post #4,286 of 5,353
I have to be honest, I have ordered from Massdrop and i'm not looking forward to receiving them But,after reading the problems that are Occurring with them.My excitement is some what Fading :frowning2:

Don't stress bro. This happens with every new product, but with audio gear we have forums where customers discuss issues, to some extent it magnifies things good and bad.

@loungecat don't let the DM7 issues talked about here dissuade you from being excited for them. A person with an issue is always more vocal than those without one. Simply meaning that for every person who came here to discuss their DM7 issue there are many more out there just enjoying their problem free DM7. Like @tichyztech said, when that happens it can make things appear magnified. I'm actually on both sides of the topic because I got my DM7 and did have a channel imbalance but Linsoul was awesome and hooked me up with a replacement. The replacement functions perfect and sounds amazing. So, you're free to be excited about the DM7, you're more likely to receive a fully functional IEM than not in my opinion.

Jun 18, 2019 at 7:38 AM Post #4,287 of 5,353
I bought DM6 6 months ago based on rec from Hawai bad boy and the community here. At that time, there were even members who were comparing them with Andromeda. I was excited to have an IEM at 199$ that sounds like an IEM at 1099$. Unfortunately, I have been very disappointed by the sibillance in DM6. I just can't listen to some music with them. Then I bought Andromeda and was very impressed by their performance. Yes they cost 5 times the price of DM6 but the difference is just huge. Now I enjoy listening to all the details in my music without any sibillance and with an amazing soundstage. After Andromeda, I bought a set of Atlas and was again impressed by these IEM
My conclusion from this experience is: you get what you pay for. I prefer to invest more money in good IEM once for all and enjoy my music, rather than buying 10 Chifi IEM that would have QC problems or sound horrible. I don't trust Chifi anymore and won't buy any chifi in the future

R.I.P Chi-fi

Chi-fi isn't dead and more money doesn't necessarily buy you better sound. Some people just prefer other IEMS that happen to cost more, this is an extremely subjective hobby. I've had a good bit of head time with CA Andromedas and I prefer both my DM6 and DM7. I think the Fearless S4 sound better as well. See, that is what makes this hobby great, I can feel the way I do, others can feel the way they do, and we can all still enjoy some music.

Jun 18, 2019 at 7:52 AM Post #4,288 of 5,353
@loungecat don't let the DM7 issues talked about here dissuade you from being excited for them. A person with an issue is always more vocal than those without one. Simply meaning that for every person who came here to discuss their DM7 issue there are many more out there just enjoying their problem free DM7. Like @tichyztech said, when that happens it can make things appear magnified. I'm actually on both sides of the topic because I got my DM7 and did have a channel imbalance but Linsoul was awesome and hooked me up with a replacement. The replacement functions perfect and sounds amazing. So, you're free to be excited about the DM7, you're more likely to receive a fully functional IEM than not in my opinion.
@OldDude04 thanks for your response, I will remain positive

Jun 18, 2019 at 10:16 AM Post #4,289 of 5,353
Finally got round to reviewing the DMG, quite a fun and well made hybrid

http://www.soundperfectionreviews.com/2019/06/review-bgvp-dmg-hybrid-6-driver-iems.html

DSC_5429.JPG

Jun 18, 2019 at 1:14 PM Post #4,290 of 5,353
I don't get why BGVP opted to use plastic for higher-end models and aluminum for the DMG, the aluminum casings just feel right. Is it for sound/resonance/vibration or cost reasons?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back