BGVP discussion thread DM7/ DM6/DMG and NEW BA series
Jun 1, 2019 at 11:12 AM Post #4,156 of 5,353
I'm sad to say that my DM7 are going back to Linsoul for exchange. As I was A/B'ing them with my DM6 and HEM4 I've noticed a 1-3db channel imbalance on multiple sources. I've tried 5 cables total including the stock cable, I've tried swapping L for R to see if the imbalance moved and the left was always quieter. I also noticed that the MMCX socket on the left ear piece was looser than the right socket, resulting in cables coming out much easier. But, Linsoul is awesome and will be exchanging them for another pair.
Mine is loose too left ones out of the box the statement of bgvp was thats normal and that they dont hear any difference too the right one

Jun 1, 2019 at 11:19 AM Post #4,157 of 5,353
Mine is loose too left ones out of the box the statement of bgvp was thats normal and that they dont hear any difference too the right one

Mine are noticeably different in sound volume. But, I'm not dealing with BGVP on this one, I'm getting an exchange from Linsoul. I hope they get your issue worked out. It sucks to get something new and have issues right away.

Jun 1, 2019 at 12:19 PM Post #4,158 of 5,353
Mine are noticeably different in sound volume. But, I'm not dealing with BGVP on this one, I'm getting an exchange from Linsoul. I hope they get your issue worked out. It sucks to get something new and have issues right away.
How to hell do they manage that most of the left iems have problems

This is out of the box

They say its normal, yes it is normal for bgvp but not for other companys

Jun 1, 2019 at 12:26 PM Post #4,159 of 5,353
So I have a question about Linsoul, are they just a distributor, or do they have all of these brands under them?

Jun 1, 2019 at 4:05 PM Post #4,160 of 5,353
I have ordered DM7 from Linsoul. They don't have a pic of what clear looks like, so hopefully it's the same as the DM6. In addition, apparently the clear are not available two weeks ago, but I was able to place an order? Waiting game now. I think they stated will become available June 1st.

The DM7 have been available on Amazon for most of May. Ibe had them in my save for later cart for weeks. $299 shipped from Linsoul. It might be China but I just got a replacement cable from Linsoul for a set of KZ ZS10 PRO and it looks like they were shipped from California. Unless once they get to the US some shopping service or possibly even a warehouse that services Linsoul packs them up.Fr the day I emailed them about the cable to o receiving it was 11 days to the East coast USA. So not bad turn around time. But my Dad DM6 sat around for over a week back in Oct until I emailed them and asked why my earphones didn't ship when I paid an extra $25 for expidited shipping. I emailed them early on Is Tuesday morning and had them at my doorstep 2 days later on Thursday afternoon.

I'm pretty sure that rant was off topic but it was a DM6/ Linsoul story.

Jun 2, 2019 at 12:27 AM Post #4,161 of 5,353
I'm sad to say that my DM7 are going back to Linsoul for exchange. As I was A/B'ing them with my DM6 and HEM4 I've noticed a 1-3db channel imbalance on multiple sources. I've tried 5 cables total including the stock cable, I've tried swapping L for R to see if the imbalance moved and the left was always quieter. I also noticed that the MMCX socket on the left ear piece was looser than the right socket, resulting in cables coming out much easier. But, Linsoul is awesome and will be exchanging them for another pair.

I'm really starting to question how BGVPs IEMs manage to pass their QC. People had this same issue with the DM6s.

Jun 3, 2019 at 2:42 PM Post #4,162 of 5,353
IMG_0474.jpeg

Hey Guys,

I just thought I would post some initial “stream of consciousness” impressions of the BGVP DMS earphones. My full review will come in a couple weeks, and some of the thoughts below may change over that time :)

More and more, I find I don’t have set in stone preferences in terms of sound signature, as I enjoy a change from time to time. I do know that I enjoy healthy amounts of bass, that’s pretty much true across the board.

The BGVP DMS arrives in a nice little box, with more accessories than I expected for the MSRP. You get S/M/L of what look like spinfit knock off, S/M/L of…wide bore, something? Type tips, and S/M/L of typical wide bore single flange silicon tips. The cable is nothing fancy but I really like its utilitarian nature. It does the job, and it does the job well.

The fit, for my ears is a bout 75% great. The left side is SO comfortable. The right side, no as much. It workable, and certainly isn’t causing any pain, it just isn’t as comfortable as the left hand side. I guess I have weird ears.

The bass is definitely north of neutral, and perhaps a tiny bit bloated sounding depending on what you are listening to. However, it is pleasant, and fills out the low end nicely. I really don’t like lean bass light sound signatures, so this works well for me. I can see these earphones working really well for someone who listens to a lot of electronics but doesn’t want to break the bank to do so.

The mids are pulled back. This is definitely a slightly V shaped earphone. Though the treble isn’t super tipped up and piercing, so its a tastefully done V shape. The mids aren’t cozy wozy, and warm. If you like acoustic guitar and things like that, you might be better with a different pair of earphones.

The treble isn’t as elevated as I thought it would be. A typical V shape “Chi-Fi” IEM, at least the ones I have run into in the past have been BASS mids TREBLE!!! Anyhow, not so here. There is a little bit sparkle to the treble, but its not over done and is pretty pleasant. Sibilance hasn’t been a problem so far, but once or twice I have winced a little bit at a really strong cymbal crash. All in all, not too bad :)

There is one thing I am worried about that I need to do more testing with and that is the open (semi open?) nature of the earphones. Isolation is ok, I’m just worried about sound leak and bothering others around me with my music. My main use for IEMs is for when I need peace and quiet both out and in, so we shall see. I’ll ask those around me later how much they leak.

All in all, so far, I’m happy with the BGVP DMS. They aren’t blowing me away for the MSRP, but I’m certainly not like “man these are a rip off!”

If you need an IEM under $200, and enjoy a slight V shape sound signature, you could do a lot worse than these I think.

I will report back with my full review in a couple weeks, so these thoughts may change, but I though I would get some initial impressions written to share with you guys :)

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2019 at 3:06 PM Post #4,163 of 5,353

Hey Guys,

I just thought I would post some initial “stream of consciousness” impressions of the BGVP DMS earphones. My full review will come in a couple weeks, and some of the thoughts below may change over that time :)

More and more, I find I don’t have set in stone preferences in terms of sound signature, as I enjoy a change from time to time. I do know that I enjoy healthy amounts of bass, that’s pretty much true across the board.

The BGVP DMS arrives in a nice little box, with more accessories than I expected for the MSRP. You get S/M/L of what look like spinfit knock off, S/M/L of…wide bore, something? Type tips, and S/M/L of typical wide bore single flange silicon tips. The cable is nothing fancy but I really like its utilitarian nature. It does the job, and it does the job well.

The fit, for my ears is a bout 75% great. The left side is SO comfortable. The right side, no as much. It workable, and certainly isn’t causing any pain, it just isn’t as comfortable as the left hand side. I guess I have weird ears.

The bass is definitely north of neutral, and perhaps a tiny bit bloated sounding depending on what you are listening to. However, it is pleasant, and fills out the low end nicely. I really don’t like lean bass light sound signatures, so this works well for me. I can see these earphones working really well for someone who listens to a lot of electronics but doesn’t want to break the bank to do so.

The mids are pulled back. This is definitely a slightly V shaped earphone. Though the treble isn’t super tipped up and piercing, so its a tastefully done V shape. The mids aren’t cozy wozy, and warm. If you like acoustic guitar and things like that, you might be better with a different pair of earphones.

The treble isn’t as elevated as I thought it would be. A typical V shape “Chi-Fi” IEM, at least the ones I have run into in the past have been BASS mids TREBLE!!! Anyhow, not so here. There is a little bit sparkle to the treble, but its not over done and is pretty pleasant. Sibilance hasn’t been a problem so far, but once or twice I have winced a little bit at a really strong cymbal crash. All in all, not too bad :)

There is one thing I am worried about that I need to do more testing with and that is the open (semi open?) nature of the earphones. Isolation is ok, I’m just worried about sound leak and bothering others around me with my music. My main use for IEMs is for when I need peace and quiet both out and in, so we shall see. I’ll ask those around me later how much they leak.

All in all, so far, I’m happy with the BGVP DMS. They aren’t blowing me away for the MSRP, but I’m certainly not like “man these are a rip off!”

If you need an IEM under $200, and enjoy a slight V shape sound signature, you could do a lot worse than these I think.

I will report back with my full review in a couple weeks, so these thoughts may change, but I though I would get some initial impressions written to share with you guys :)
Thanks for heads up! :)
Didn’t you try with balanced cable?

Jun 3, 2019 at 3:43 PM Post #4,164 of 5,353

Above is Triple Comfort

These look like real hybrid tips.

I think you can still find them on Amazon and EBay.

Note difference between Triple Comfort and Hybrid.

These look real.
https://www.amazon.com/Sony-Replacement-Silicone-Earbuds-EPEX10AB/dp/B001UE6PBI

Thanks for the photos and link. I have not seen these before. I’ll give them a go as well.

Just so you know, these tips are also available in size LL which is not reflected in the variety pack and is the size that works best for me.

Sony EP-EXLL (I like the white)

Jun 3, 2019 at 4:31 PM Post #4,165 of 5,353
Jun 3, 2019 at 5:01 PM Post #4,166 of 5,353
I use DMS with balanced cable, and actually have not tried them with the stock cable. I really like the DMS so far as well. It's a nice fun listen and bass is tight and quick. I was a tad surprised at that given the DMG and DM6 where it was more boomy (at least to me). I think the openness of it the DMS is really what I like the most. It's got good width and the treble extends which gives it a lot of air. The mids are a tad dipped and it's noticeable more so when you switch back and forth between something like the Kanas Pro or Etymotics. But still a good solid effort here by BGVP. I hope to post a full review later this week.

@ufospls2 also have not seen it in blue yet. I have the black one.

Jun 3, 2019 at 5:16 PM Post #4,167 of 5,353
I used the DMS on my commute over the weekend plugged into a Hiby R3 and had a very enjoyable listen

Jun 3, 2019 at 10:04 PM Post #4,168 of 5,353
Just so you know, these tips are also available in size LL which is not reflected in the variety pack and is the size that works best for me.

Sony EP-EXLL (I like the white)

Where can one get the LL? Not on Amazon, Ali or Ebay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back