BGVP discussion thread DM7/ DM6/DMG and NEW BA series
May 27, 2019 at 11:03 PM Post #4,112 of 5,353
May 28, 2019 at 1:21 AM Post #4,115 of 5,353
Lmao, they make an 8 core version if that is too much cable for you.
But the 8 core dont look the same its brown ?
I got isn s8 in order

May 28, 2019 at 10:04 AM Post #4,117 of 5,353
I would say - (all 3 are must haves in my opinion! :)
[Listening on high end DAP with HiRes]
T2 = most neutral - accurate - maybe even reference like in signature
T3 = as T2 but more musical - punches way way above the asking price - a joy to listen to with some audiophile qualities
**** = warmer more fun than above but still displays many good qualities - A real joy to sit back and enjoy music with

EDIT: Just to add - these are very good 'Budget' IEM's that all sound very listenable but just bear in mind when you play them along side more high end IEMs they soon show their weaknesses! (just to keep in context when I say they are 'must haves'!) :)

May 28, 2019 at 6:19 PM Post #4,118 of 5,353
I got my new DM7's in today. Here are a few pics with my ISN audio 16-core cable.

Weird, I was just thinking the other day there wasn't enough DM7 talk on here. It's all DMS.

Love the color! Interested to see your thoughts on how these stack up against the DM6s. After a month and some change, I'm starting to think my DM6s are a tad too bright for me. I was waiting for burn-in (brain or otherwise) to kick in, but no dice. However, I don't want to lose the detail, because when the DM6s are playing something that was recorded well, they're spectacular, but if the recording is sibilant in nature, they're borderline unlistenable for me.

TLDR: Once you get acclimated, could you share your thoughts on whether the tempering of the treble spike has any negative impact on the amount of detail the DM7s pull out of a song?

Edit: Fixing spelling mistake.

Last edited:
May 28, 2019 at 6:35 PM Post #4,119 of 5,353
Well, I got my DMS tonight and looking forward to hearing it's signature. Have the DMG out to see the differences. Will post some impressions later
upload_2019-5-28_18-34-37.png

upload_2019-5-28_18-34-59.png

May 28, 2019 at 9:05 PM Post #4,120 of 5,353
Weird, I was just thinking the other day there was enough DM7 talk on here. It's all DMS.

Love the color! Interested to see your thoughts on how these stack up against the DM6s. After a month and some change, I'm starting to think my DM6s are a tad too bright for me. I was waiting for burn-in (brain or otherwise) to kick in, but no dice. However, I don't want to lose the detail, because when the DM6s are playing something that was recorded well, they're spectacular, but if the recording is sibilant in nature, they're borderline unlistenable for me.

TLDR: Once you get acclimated, could you share your thoughts on whether the tempering of the treble spike has any negative impact on the amount of detail the DM7s pull out of a song?

Sure will. I'll A/B the DM6 and DM7 with multiple sources and songs and then post up my thoughts probably within a week or so.

May 29, 2019 at 7:34 AM Post #4,122 of 5,353
For anyone with the DM6 that finds they have too much bass, give foam tips a try.

Until, a couple of days ago, i used spinfit or symbio tips. However, I think they both gave me too a good a seal, as when I took the iems out of my ear I could physically feel the suction and the release of pressure when they came out of my ears. The net effect was that the bass was too much and the DM6s lacked clarity. Now I have put on some foam tips, bass is reduced and clarity has increased significantly. I now better understand why these are so popular. They really do sound fantastic.

May 29, 2019 at 7:48 AM Post #4,123 of 5,353
For anyone with the DM6 that finds they have too much bass, give foam tips a try.

Until, a couple of days ago, i used spinfit or symbio tips. However, I think they both gave me too a good a seal, as when I took the iems out of my ear I could physically feel the suction and the release of pressure when they came out of my ears. The net effect was that the bass was too much and the DM6s lacked clarity. Now I have put on some foam tips, bass is reduced and clarity has increased significantly. I now better understand why these are so popular. They really do sound fantastic.
Best tips you can use with the DM6 in my experience are the final type e . Give them a try

May 29, 2019 at 7:54 AM Post #4,124 of 5,353

Hmm how can the DM6 have too much bass. Bass amount is right, and sometimes it is not enough for me

May 29, 2019 at 7:56 AM Post #4,125 of 5,353
Hmm how can the DM6 have too much bass. Bass amount is right, and sometimes it is not enough for me
I use spiral dots it gets more bass and clarity

Users who are viewing this thread

Back