BGVP discussion thread DM7/ DM6/DMG and NEW BA series
May 27, 2019 at 7:04 AM Post #4,096 of 5,353
I was just checking my old stuff to get rid of...came across Koss KSC75(without foam pad)..and holy s##t...i loved the balanced sound signature(or probably forward mids), crystal clear vocals and highs, amazing separation...Suddenly felt like I was missing those vocals on DM6. I think BAs are not so good with vocals, they sound lifeless to my ears(Especially after listening to Koss)
Any recent iems in the market which sound like KSC75 with slightly more bass?

Tinaudio T2 or T3

May 27, 2019 at 8:15 AM Post #4,098 of 5,353
I read few posts somewhere, where they suggest **** **** are equally good if not better than T2 or T3. Is that true?

unfortunately i haven't had the chance to try the **** yet, but I'm sure many here can chime in, because quite a number of folks here have or at least tried both of them

May 27, 2019 at 8:27 AM Post #4,099 of 5,353
I read few posts somewhere, where they suggest **** **** are equally good if not better than T2 or T3. Is that true?

I would say - (all 3 are must haves in my opinion! :)
[Listening on high end DAP with HiRes]
T2 = most neutral - accurate - maybe even reference like in signature
T3 = as T2 but more musical - punches way way above the asking price - a joy to listen to with some audiophile qualities
**** = warmer more fun than above but still displays many good qualities - A real joy to sit back and enjoy music with

May 27, 2019 at 2:09 PM Post #4,100 of 5,353
I just want to say, I spent a little more time with the DMS last night and I am enjoying it's sound signature. Bass is generally very tight and fast and treble isn't harsh. It's a good v-shape sound signature. The FR chart I measured looks a lot like the Sony IER-M7 but I have yet to try that IEM out.

Here's another chart I cobbled together showing the DMS vs Moondrop Kanas Pro:

DMS vs KP.jpg

May 27, 2019 at 2:43 PM Post #4,101 of 5,353
I just want to say, I spent a little more time with the DMS last night and I am enjoying it's sound signature. Bass is generally very tight and fast and treble isn't harsh. It's a good v-shape sound signature. The FR chart I measured looks a lot like the Sony IER-M7 but I have yet to try that IEM out.

Is that peak around 10k at all piercing or shrill? Do you have a graph comparing it to the DMG? If so, I may have missed it.

May 27, 2019 at 2:57 PM Post #4,102 of 5,353
Is that peak around 10k at all piercing or shrill? Do you have a graph comparing it to the DMG? If so, I may have missed it.

I dont have a like-for-like graph of the DMG using the same coupler system and I gave my DMG away a while ago. From memory, I find the DMG to be more bassy and more harsh in treble region.

The 10K peak doesn't bother me at all, but there is a chance some people may find it a little bright. I've been listening a lot lately to the Solaris and Andromeda, and both exhibit a peak in this region which give it the so called "sparkle" and air which I've come to really like.

May 27, 2019 at 3:35 PM Post #4,103 of 5,353
I'm really enjoying my DMS earphones. They need a wide shallow bore tip to fit me well

May 27, 2019 at 3:55 PM Post #4,104 of 5,353
I'm really enjoying my DMS earphones. They need a wide shallow bore tip to fit me well

Totally jealous. I really want to try these. Usually shipping from China is decent, not sure why mine are delayed so much...glad you're enjoying them.

May 27, 2019 at 3:56 PM Post #4,105 of 5,353

I'm currently using them with Final Audio E Tips and liking it. I was using Spiral Dots with them before. My measurements use foam.

May 27, 2019 at 5:01 PM Post #4,106 of 5,353

the bass is rising a little bit early, how is the bass control @antdroid ?

May 27, 2019 at 8:53 PM Post #4,108 of 5,353
May 27, 2019 at 9:12 PM Post #4,110 of 5,353
It's very supple though, doesn't feel heavy or easily tangled. It's currently my favorite cable.
It can drive my home electric. The police would arrest me for weapon possesion if i walk outside whit it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back