BGVP discussion thread DM7/ DM6/DMG and NEW BA series
May 1, 2019 at 8:02 PM Post #3,841 of 5,353
Hey, Sometimes Momma gonna bake them cookies, 'an sometimes Momma gonna eat dem cookies but . . .
Momma LOVES cookies

Never reject a chocolate chip cookie :))

May 1, 2019 at 8:44 PM Post #3,842 of 5,353
foam tips are more comfortable when measuring, indeed. but they tame 8kHz and 10kHz (and maybe others) resonances a few dB.
after trying some methods to keep silicone tips into the coupler (press with rubber end, clips..), found you get the best results by using a good amount of bluetac around the shell and the coupler to keep them together; no distortion added
The difference is negligible and for the most part imperceptible (obviously, I've compared both). If you're speaking of resonances one could argue that "a good amount of bluetac" on the coupler would affect the resonance a lot more. Either way, I find all these discussions about 'the right way to measure' and 'the relevance of measurements' and 'different hardware invalidate data' etc banal and about as pointless as debating burn-in. I know there are many people who like to see the graphs which is why I add them to most of my reviews. Otherwise, I would save myself the time and effort by not doing them at all.

May 1, 2019 at 8:58 PM Post #3,843 of 5,353
I can say without a doubt the main thing you need to get perfect with a coupler is the distance between the end of the bore tip and the microphone diaphragm. If this changes, you will have skewed measurement. I really think people ignore this entirely.

May 1, 2019 at 9:02 PM Post #3,844 of 5,353
The difference is negligible and for the most part imperceptible (obviously, I've compared both). If you're speaking of resonances one could argue that "a good amount of bluetac" on the coupler would affect the resonance a lot more. Either way, I find all these discussions about 'the right way to measure' and 'the relevance of measurements' and 'different hardware invalidate data' etc banal and about as pointless as debating burn-in. I know there are many people who like to see the graphs which is why I add them to most of my reviews. Otherwise, I would save myself the time and effort by not doing them at all.
well, just check the different response of foams (red line) and stock silicone tips (black line) with kz zs6:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/kno...essions-thread.698148/page-1527#post-13766425
it's near -5dB at 8kHz-10kHz.

the bluetac is located around the shell and coupler, and can demonstrate that it doesn't alter FR nor distortion.

sorry, i was only trying to help, because had same problem. didn't pretend to discuss anything

Last edited:
May 2, 2019 at 2:21 AM Post #3,845 of 5,353
Been listening with my DM6 for about 6 hours and in that time I have heard a rather loud pop coming from the right side twice. Any idea what it could be? Never experienced anything like it from any other IEM ever. Very strange.

Last edited:
May 2, 2019 at 5:26 AM Post #3,846 of 5,353
Hi guys, I just got the BGVP DM6 and its an amazing piece.

However its really sensitive, and when used in conjunction with some audio cable extenders, I notice an intermittent high-pitched soft whine every couple of minutes. There's no issue when using the cable extender with other high-end headphones/earphones. Is there a way to fix this without changing the cable extender?

May 2, 2019 at 6:21 AM Post #3,847 of 5,353
Hi guys, I just got the BGVP DM6 and its an amazing piece.

However its really sensitive, and when used in conjunction with some audio cable extenders, I notice an intermittent high-pitched soft whine every couple of minutes. There's no issue when using the cable extender with other high-end headphones/earphones. Is there a way to fix this without changing the cable extender?

Add IFI EarBuddy or 20 OHM impedance adapter to remove noise ?

May 2, 2019 at 6:23 AM Post #3,848 of 5,353
My DM6s are now back with Penon Audio, confirmed this morning. But Chinese holidays etc... mean a week or two delay :frowning2:

May 2, 2019 at 6:47 AM Post #3,849 of 5,353
Been listening with my DM6 for about 6 hours and in that time I have heard a rather loud pop coming from the right side twice. Any idea what it could be? Never experienced anything like it from any other IEM ever. Very strange.

That pop is your DM6 virginity, don't worry welcome to the club.

May 2, 2019 at 10:10 AM Post #3,852 of 5,353
Sounds like a pretty good description of the difference between an 'Audiophile' and a 'Music Lover' (generally speaking)

I produce music, have a small studio, etc. That is probably why.

May 2, 2019 at 10:15 AM Post #3,853 of 5,353
I produce music, have a small studio, etc. That is probably why.
Ah cool, Me too although I would like say I have a medium sized studio. Although its not mine, Im the only one that uses it! - There are some benefits too being a sound engineer :wink:

I do tend to oscialte between the two - sometimes loving the detail and sometimes loving and appreciating the music.
Knowing too much about audio itself though can sometimes make it more difficult to just relax and enjoy the music. A Blessing and a curse :/

Last edited:
May 2, 2019 at 10:52 AM Post #3,854 of 5,353
Add IFI EarBuddy or 20 OHM impedance adapter to remove noise ?
Thanks for the tip! I ended up getting the iFi IEMatch and it cleared the irritating audio whine!

Just a question about this product - there's the "ultra" and "high" setting on the IEMatch, do you know which setting is ideal for the DM6? I am currently running it mostly from a ALC1220 on my desktop motherboard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back