BGVP discussion thread DM7/ DM6/DMG and NEW BA series
Apr 17, 2019 at 7:45 PM Post #3,661 of 5,353
sure, hang on a min, what am i listening for, low end distortion? treble crunchiness?

Edit : sounds fine. I'm not listening for 6 hours...
Distortion on every word wich source did you use ?

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2019 at 10:03 PM Post #3,662 of 5,353
First impression: a little stiff, need the chin slider to make it more comfortable. Compared to my crappy 6 core balanced cable I was using before, it's not a night and day difference. Maybe the highs are slightly less piercing and the lows a little more present but it's subtle at best. Not blown away for $49. I have also received a nicehck pure copper in 16 cores balanced that I should test this week. Stay tuned 20190416_152131.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2019 at 9:48 AM Post #3,663 of 5,353
Finally got my DM6s, They are far more bassy than I was expecting. No siblance at all. At least not so far on day one. They are really good with reggae, ska, rocksteady etc. Even though most of these recordings are old and not well recorded, they still sound really good. I’ve been listening to the KPEs alot recently and these are quite different, so I’m still adjusting to them.

Apr 18, 2019 at 10:17 AM Post #3,665 of 5,353
Yeah you need to adjust after kpe and adjust after dm6 as these really different audio tuning. Glad your piece isn't sibilant or your source, music, ears don't have the tendency to show/hear it.

Given what everyone has said I didn’t even bother to unpack the cable. Stuck another cable on and some Symbio W tips and all is good. My source is a ZX2, so that would have helped avoiding any siblance. They are quite different. I am noticing more hiss in songs, which I assume is the DM6s greater sensitivity than the KPE?

Apr 18, 2019 at 10:25 AM Post #3,666 of 5,353
Given what everyone has said I didn’t even bother to unpack the cable. Stuck another cable on and some Symbio W tips and all is good. My source is a ZX2, so that would have helped avoiding any siblance. They are quite different. I am noticing more hiss in songs, which I assume is the DM6s greater sensitivity than the KPE?
Source dependent, but yes, DM6 are sensitive and may have low level hiss. The S8F is even more sensitive and consequently hiss even more. The R6 Pro and the xDSD show hiss, but my DH1000 on the other hand does not. So far KPE does not hiss on any of my sources. It is also less sensitive than the S8F or DM6.

Apr 18, 2019 at 10:28 AM Post #3,667 of 5,353
Yeah dm6 perhaps one of the most sensitive iems i have and these really shows hiss from the sources i thought dead silent before. It is way more sensitive than kanas pro and with them you really will hear this hiss but the amount depends on source. And dm6 really has more revealing, details showing tuning, this type of tuning not for every genre and taste but they are really good at what they supposed to do.

Apr 18, 2019 at 10:39 AM Post #3,669 of 5,353

Yes, you wouldn't believe the hiss when I tried it on the Nintendo Switch, I ended up buying an iematch , although the cheaper earbuddy would work too

and just like others said, the source material matters too

Apr 18, 2019 at 10:43 AM Post #3,670 of 5,353
Source dependent, but yes, DM6 are sensitive and may have low level hiss. The S8F is even more sensitive and consequently hiss even more. The R6 Pro and the xDSD show hiss, but my DH1000 on the other hand does not. So far KPE does not hiss on any of my sources. It is also less sensitive than the S8F or DM6.

Yeah dm6 perhaps one of the most sensitive iems i have and these really shows hiss from the sources i thought dead silent before. It is way more sensitive than kanas pro and with them you really will hear this hiss but the amount depends on source. And dm6 really has more revealing, details showing tuning, this type of tuning not for every genre and taste but they are really good at what they supposed to do.

Thanks for confirming what I suspected. I haven’t found the hiss to be a problem so far, and it does vary from song to song. However, I don’t think I would want any iems that are more sensitive than these.

I’m still surprised how good some old reggae and rocksteady sound on these, considering how revealing they are. My initial impression is that in many ways they are the opposite of the KPE smooth laid back sound. Although, at the same time I have not found them to be fatiguing, so far.

Apr 18, 2019 at 10:48 AM Post #3,671 of 5,353
Yes, you wouldn't believe the hiss when I tried it on the Nintendo Switch, I ended up buying an iematch , although the cheaper earbuddy would work too

and just like others said, the source material matters too

I will remember to careful with what I listen to them with. So far, I have only tried them with the ZX2 and Oppo ha 2. Of the two the ZX2 has less hiss, but both are fine and are not excessive.

Apr 18, 2019 at 4:54 PM Post #3,672 of 5,353
IMG_1361.jpg
Look at what was waiting for me when I got home from work. :heart_eyes:

Like with my T2s, it blows my mind at how small these actually are. After seeing so many videos and pictures of the set, I forgot to scale down the actual size of the iems in my mind. I've been reading the thread from the start, so I'm aware of cable swapping and tip rolling, but I'm currently running stock at the moment.

To be perfectly honest, I don't have what one would call a refined ear. I don't know if the set is too sibilant to me because I don't have a reference for what an overly sibilant set sounds like to my ears. This is only my second set of actual iems, sooo.... Having said that, I'm running through Herbie Hancock's Headhunters LP (24 bit flac) first and I am groooooving. The instrument separation is kind of blowing my mind and I love the way Bennie Maupin's saxophone is being produced. Nice and crunchy. I'll probably jump on some Zeppelin, Descendents, and Sandpeople next. :gs1000smile:

Oh, and it only took 19 days from time of purchase. Not bad.

Apr 18, 2019 at 8:06 PM Post #3,675 of 5,353

Users who are viewing this thread

Back