BGVP discussion thread DM7/ DM6/DMG and NEW BA series
Jan 15, 2019 at 12:46 AM Post #1,562 of 5,353
Thanks for confirming the fit is good. I will pull the trigger on this or the BGVP OCC once I hear some feedback on that.

So unlike Jon Parker’s experience you can’t sense any real improvements in the Low-Mid area using the copper cable ?
He tested the cable with the DMG and I would have expected something similar with DM6 even if to a lesser extent.
Due to unforseen events, I had to swap the cable of my DM6. I tried my newly acquired banned brand 6 core pure copper in balance 2.5mm (it was cheap, less than $20). Well, it was almost unlistenable on the R6, very harsh treble, not pleasant at all. Got some hissing. I put a 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapter and it was a little better, no more hissing but not a great sound still. Put back the NiceHCK 8 core pure copper back (in 3.5mm) and everything is nice and smooth again. Go figure...
Cable not to buy to pair up with DM6 :
20190114_213649.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2019 at 12:49 AM Post #1,563 of 5,353
Probably because the AKM DACs and their AMP/OPAMP setups are usually warm, and the DM6 is already warm, so that's multiplying the effect. The ESS (Sabre) DACs that Hiby uses in their DAPs are cold/analytical/neutral. That's probably why the DM6 sounds better (more balanced/neutral/analytical) with the Hiby, and probably too warm with the zishan dsd.

That's what's worrying me a bit as well. I only have my Axon 7 which has the AK4490 DAC, and AKM's so called "Velvet Sound" technology. It is utilized only through the stock music player, so I have the UAPP player, which does support bit-perfect mode, and it doesn't use the "Velvet Sound" enhancement, so you could try bit-perfect mode on the Zishan perhaps (if it supports it)? If there are still some Axon 7 users here, that are still wondering what this "Velvet Sound" (the SuperHiFi setting) looks like on a graph, here is a picture:

I found this image accidentally. It's measured by GSMarena, but they have hidden their measurements for the Axon 7 on their site, so you can only find it through google's image search. Probably because they didn't do their measurements properly, because other reviewers's measurements are totally different, especially when it comes to SNR and Stereo Crosstalk. Anyway...

[EDIT:] I wanted to add, that the dynamic range on the AK4490 DAC is not top notch, compared to other DACs. For those that are interested, here's a link to an interesting read (comments are interesting as well).

ddmt got it in his reply - the hiby r3 has an output impedance of 1 ohm , the output impedance of the zishan dsd is too high - it does not play well with BA iems but might play better with dynamics , and also with higher impedance iems

Jan 15, 2019 at 5:50 AM Post #1,566 of 5,353

I’m kind of same boat as you in that mine should be arriving in UK also.

When was your iem dispatched ? Did your tracking look like mine ?

My order was dispatched on the 2/1/19 and it tracked to 3/1/19 after which all tracking updates stopped. I contacted Michael of AV store yesterday about the sudden stop of tracking updates and he advised to be patient.

I’m becoming increasingly concerned about my item as days go by without tracking updates. Other items I ordered actually tracked to the point of saying on Airplane where this has stopped at a sorting office in China.

Should I be worried ?
My tracking was pretty much the same until it was received at Heathrow, I just continued to check it each day. Once received in country it was delivered in 2 working days.

Jan 15, 2019 at 6:55 AM Post #1,567 of 5,353
My tracking was pretty much the same until it was received at Heathrow, I just continued to check it each day. Once received in country it was delivered in 2 working days.

Reading that helps. Thanks

Jan 15, 2019 at 7:11 AM Post #1,568 of 5,353
I ordered and got Symbio W tips to my DM6. Unfortunately, it seems that once again I have to go to Comply tips.
Currently I don't have any Comply tips left to test with DM6, but I hate how often I have to replace Complys considering their cost.
Is there any cheaper tip option with more or less same foam Comply uses? And what bore size Comply is correct for DM6?

Jan 15, 2019 at 7:28 AM Post #1,569 of 5,353
I ordered and got Symbio W tips to my DM6. Unfortunately, it seems that once again I have to go to Comply tips.
Currently I don't have any Comply tips left to test with DM6, but I hate how often I have to replace Complys considering their cost.
Is there any cheaper tip option with more or less same foam Comply uses? And what bore size Comply is correct for DM6?
I moved to these rather than replacing my Complys, no wax guard though.

Jan 15, 2019 at 7:30 AM Post #1,570 of 5,353

I use the KZ foams on ALL my IEM's. For me they work wonders and even when I try other tips I always come back and end up using them. Considering how ridiculously cheap they are you would be forgiven for thinking they would be cheap and nasty but I love them. The Complys are good but they tend to slightly 'over do' the qualities that foam tips can offer with IEMS where as I find the KZ's also help very much in certain troublesome areas but keep all the qualities you need.
Of course this is with my present set up (iBasso DX80) and with my own ears :) all I can tell ya is that for my personal tastes they are [surprisingly] unparalleled !
These ones - they are all the same but called different things!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-Pairs-...b20c09ec:m:mSUnYDq_UVKZZv4YylGsvSw:rk:55:pf:0
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Earbuds-...25d3b6d1:m:mZt7i32iSG0bMsobcFAYAkg:rk:57:pf:0

They are certainly cheap enough to buy some and try for yourself!

Jan 15, 2019 at 7:44 AM Post #1,571 of 5,353

Mine left Heathrow logistics center in less than five hours, that's a really good sign to me.
Fingers crossed.

Updated on: Monday 14 January
  1. 09:18pm
    Item has left our International Processing CentreHeathrow Worldwide Distribution Centre, United Kingdom

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2019 at 8:58 AM Post #1,572 of 5,353
Just email penon with the color you want. They are pretty responsive.

I emailed and the response was "pls check the color code in the DM6 product page gallery ."

https://penonaudio.com/bgvp-dm6.html?search=dm6

I think I am missing someone. I do not see how I can choose and select the color I want. I just want clear Black, no customizing.

I can easily choose the color on Linsoul's site. Unfortunately they do not let you choose what cable you get.

Any help would be appreciated.

Jan 15, 2019 at 9:16 AM Post #1,573 of 5,353

I alternate between the Comply T500 M tips and the Symbio Wide M tips. Both have foam in them and that is what sounds good to my ears with the DM6. I tried the Symbio Peel which are de-foamed Symbio Wide tips, but the bass was completely lost. For some reason, to my ear, tips with foam in them sound the best with the DM6.

comply_tips.jpg

Jan 15, 2019 at 11:55 AM Post #1,574 of 5,353
I emailed and the response was "pls check the color code in the DM6 product page gallery ."

https://penonaudio.com/bgvp-dm6.html?search=dm6

I think I am missing someone. I do not see how I can choose and select the color I want. I just want clear Black, no customizing.

I can easily choose the color on Linsoul's site. Unfortunately they do not let you choose what cable you get.

Any help would be appreciated.

I had the same problem. Couldn't make sense out of all the options on their website. So i emailed them with the colors i wanted. They replied the next day with an ok and what option i should select on the website.
I also ordered the wrong cable at first, emailed them about it and again got an answer the next day saying they will change the cable.

Jan 15, 2019 at 3:25 PM Post #1,575 of 5,353
NICEHCK Copper Cables Review (sort of) :

I already own the much vaunted and highly recommended - NICEHCK 8 Core Pure Copper Cable.
The NICEHCK 16 core cable arrived today.
(Im testing on Toneking T4 as I don't have the DM6)
Anyway, is the 16 core better than the 8 core? - They are both very good cables. The 16 core performed pretty much as I expected
Mids and highs are slightly softer yet more resolving and more clearly defined in the soundstage than with the already excellent 8 core cable
Mids are a bit more warm and softer with the 16 core
The bass has not increased in relation [with the extra 8 cores] but over all there is more warmth with the 16 than the 8 core yet it feels the frequencies
have not lost their individual clarity
The cable is softer and even more comfortable than the 8 core

The cable is around £8-10 more than the 8 core so is it worth it?
For me YES! because T4 is a bright, clean supremely detailed IEM so the cables add more low end in general with the 16 core offering even more warmth
with the mids and a softening of highs
Someone mentioned the DM6 is warm? - That being the case I would imagine the 8 core would be very suited to the DM6. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back