BGVP discussion thread DM7/ DM6/DMG and NEW BA series
Jan 14, 2019 at 5:33 AM Post #1,531 of 5,353
It's really odd to see people discuss cables that extensively on a budget product.
I am used to see that on high end products threads when the owners have TOTL everthing and start staring at their cables :D

Right, because the DM6 doesn’t function like a budget product regularly does, it scales up and shows many different attributes of what’s upstream, like some of the TOTL IEMs do.

The transparency and agility allows for experimentation. I have two DM6 IEMs connected to two different cables and they sound completely different?

D880D745-6C3B-4D8E-B06A-E4AADD9F5ACC.gif

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2019 at 11:57 AM Post #1,534 of 5,353
Looking at Linsoul as an option. I see with them they randomly choose the cable for you.

Penon Audio is confusing, can not figure out how to choose the color I want. The option does not seem to be there.

Jan 14, 2019 at 2:25 PM Post #1,537 of 5,353
Anyone here in the UK get hit with customs, just curious how much it was as mine are finally this side of the water at Heathrow.
In fairness that's pretty darn rapid.

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2019 at 3:05 PM Post #1,540 of 5,353
Ok, the proper tracking finally appeared on my DM6 order, and it's going to my country/address, so - yay.:) I'm still mad that MichaelChan is using the slow China Post Registered Air Mail, instead of the Aliexpress Standard Shipping that I PAID FOR, but... I guess I'm happy that the IEMs are finally in the air. Now I have to needlessly wait for another month and a half because of the slow delivery, but... I will try to calm myself down. Anyway...

- - -

@Huxley Have you ordered anything from Ali before, using the China Post Registered Air Mail (Assuming that's the logistics used for your order)? There probably shouldn't be a problem (based on my experience, other than difference in delivery time), but I am not from UK, so I can't be much helpful. I actually avoid the "big" shipping companies like DHL, because the customs might assume shipments using those are more valuable, and so they might "look closer" on these. But I don't know. It's just a hunch. I had no problems with customs in my country (BG), using both AESS and CPRAM. Only one order took a bit more time to pass the customs (my TRN V80 as I remember), but it passed eventually, so yeah...

I could say to you that my dm6 was also sent with china post registered mail. But the best part is that it came to my country (Europe) the fastest speed i ever saw. Usually the shipping is coming in 3-4 weeks with standard shipping to me. But this time It was taken from from the seller on 07 of January and on 13 of January it was already in sorting center in my town. It's still there but this speed is like DHL which i newer ordered from china because of possible taxes. And after waiting from november to ship it - it looks like a miracle. Of course the end will be when i will get it in my hands. But still -china post not so "bad" as i thought. This time is it's unbelievable how fast it came from china.

Jan 14, 2019 at 3:13 PM Post #1,541 of 5,353
Anyone here in the UK get hit with customs, just curious how much it was as mine are finally this side of the water at Heathrow.
I paid 70€ customs fees in Belgium. It ruined by experience from the start. They sent the parcel with DHL from Massdrop. When parcels are sent by DHL (as they did), there is 100% chance that you will pay customs fees. I was expecting at least that they would declare a low value for the parcel but they didn't.

Jan 14, 2019 at 3:18 PM Post #1,542 of 5,353
I paid 70€ customs fees in Belgium. It ruined by experience from the start. They sent the parcel with DHL from Massdrop. When parcels are sent by DHL (as they did), there is 100% chance that you will pay customs fees. I was expecting at least that they would declare a low value for the parcel but they didn't.

Gone through royal mail this side, it's currently at Langley which is a big import hub.
My instincts are telling me I'm gonna get stung.

Jan 14, 2019 at 3:27 PM Post #1,543 of 5,353
Gone through royal mail this side, it's currently at Langley which is a big import hub.
My instincts are telling me I'm gonna get stung.

You'll probably get a minimum of a £18 "handling fee" if nothing else. Import fees are one of the main reason's I've not ordered anything from china. Each time I've done it from the states I've been hit :frowning2:

Jan 14, 2019 at 3:27 PM Post #1,544 of 5,353
54362214-2818-4F8E-96AB-3E84F328327D.jpeg

I’m kind of same boat as you in that mine should be arriving in UK also.

When was your iem dispatched ? Did your tracking look like mine ?

My order was dispatched on the 2/1/19 and it tracked to 3/1/19 after which all tracking updates stopped. I contacted Michael of AV store yesterday about the sudden stop of tracking updates and he advised to be patient.

I’m becoming increasingly concerned about my item as days go by without tracking updates. Other items I ordered actually tracked to the point of saying on Airplane where this has stopped at a sorting office in China.

Should I be worried ?

Jan 14, 2019 at 3:36 PM Post #1,545 of 5,353

I’m kind of same boat as you in that mine should be arriving in UK also.

When was your iem dispatched ? Did your tracking look like mine ?

My order was dispatched on the 2/1/19 and it tracked to 3/1/19 after which all tracking updates stopped. I contacted Michael of AV store yesterday about the sudden stop of tracking updates and he advised to be patient.

I’m becoming increasingly concerned about my item as days go by without tracking updates. Other items I ordered actually tracked to the point of saying on Airplane where this has stopped at a sorting office in China.

Should I be worried ?

Try your tracking number with royal mail, when you don't see updates is usually because it's over here.

Mine came real fast, it left 07/01 and arrived this side today, it being so quick is never a good sign for customs but I'll have to bite the bullet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back