BGVP discussion thread DM7/ DM6/DMG and NEW BA series
Dec 26, 2018 at 3:43 AM Post #916 of 5,353
People who have bought the DM6 at the retail stores in Thailand after 20/11/18 got the v.2 and will be officially released next year. :)

What’s the difference?

Dec 26, 2018 at 3:47 AM Post #917 of 5,353
Starting from 20/11/2018, Thai people who bought the DM6 from Thai retailers get V.2 . Those people have had the DM6 V.2 already. DM6s V.2 have been in stock in Thailand since 20/11/2018.

The DM6 V.2 probably will be (globally) officially announced next year with Hi-Res sticker on box as indicator of V.2 . (But the V.1 is qualified for Hi-Res audio too.)

i think i got the V2. later i go back home and take a picture of the box and post it here.

Dec 26, 2018 at 4:18 AM Post #919 of 5,353
Metal / rock head right here. I have not yet received my Dm6 but hopefully in the next couple of days. I can keep you posted on how well it sounds with that kind of music but unfortunately will not be able to compare with thi ikko and Kansas

nice..will be waiting for your impression.
another IEM im considering too is kinera IDUN,seems to have same sound signature as ostry kc06 which i really like

Dec 26, 2018 at 4:19 AM Post #920 of 5,353

Sorry, I have no idea. The person who said about the sticker is not from official BGVP but is close to them. So, the source of information is quite trustworthy.

Where did you buy from? and when? If you just recently got them, there is a high chance of getting V.2 though.

If the V.2 is not only available in Thailand, personally, I would feel bad for BGVP. They have not done the backlog yet and now come up with V.2...

If I were the person waiting a month for the DM6 and knew the new version is coming, I would feel like that is "double betrayal". lol

Dec 26, 2018 at 4:27 AM Post #921 of 5,353
Sorry, I have no idea. The person who said about the sticker is not from official BGVP but is close to them. So, the source of information is quite trustworthy.

Where did you buy from? and when? If you just recently got them, there is a high chance of getting V.2 though.

If the V.2 is not only available in Thailand, personally, I would feel bad for BGVP. They have not done the backlog yet and now come up with V.2...

If I were the person waiting a month for the DM6 and knew the new version is coming, I would feel like that is "double betrayal". lol

the seller got it on early december and i got it from the seller also early december.

Dec 26, 2018 at 4:34 AM Post #922 of 5,353
Seems like people who are still waiting will get the V2 instead. The manufacturer may start mass production for V2 now. But I don't know. We should wait for the official statement from main sellers that keep people waiting.

Hope @Hawaiibadboy will get DM6 V2 on hand soon and compare V1 and V2 for us.

People in BGVP seem very confident as the V1 is still highly praised by majority of people and gains extremely high popularity.

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2018 at 4:54 AM Post #923 of 5,353
any metalheads around here?!

thinking of getting either ikko OH1,DM6 or moondrop kanas..would love to know how they sound with metal/hard rock, and which one them forgiving for worse recorded music?

any info will be appreciated.
It can do well recorded stuff really well, but as we know, majority of metal is compressed and broken :D and the 8k peak of DM6 makes you hear every imperfection in the recording..
Eyeying on Kanas also..

V2? seriously?
Is this happening again when manufacturer starts to make different tuning without letting us know which version we are buying?
I mean, retuning this coul be great (bringing 3k forward a bit and fixing the treble peak), but they need to indicate it on the box, at least, please.

Dec 26, 2018 at 6:31 AM Post #924 of 5,353
any metalheads around here?!

thinking of getting either ikko OH1,DM6 or moondrop kanas..would love to know how they sound with metal/hard rock, and which one them forgiving for worse recorded music?

any info will be appreciated.

Lamb of God sounds real nice on the DM6s

Dec 26, 2018 at 10:20 AM Post #927 of 5,353
nice..will be waiting for your impression.
another IEM im considering too is kinera IDUN,seems to have same sound signature as ostry kc06 which i really like
Besides reading my general comments (I am not be the best person to trust due to lack of experience), where else did you read that the KC06a are similar to the Idun's?

Wow with the DM6 V2 curveball I might just cancel my order and go for the highly acclaimed Kanas pro instead, owners of DM6 and Kanas pro please chime in your impressions!

Dec 26, 2018 at 10:53 AM Post #928 of 5,353
That V2 is written in my native language...

They said the V2 has more of "colored" tuning.

Bigger(wider) sound stage, vocals more forward, open and richer with soft deep bass and outstanding treble extension

Bass, mids, treble are slightly more emphasized as W-shaped.

I might use wrong words because I don't know technical terms for describing sound signature in English

That's !@#$ed up !

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2018 at 11:22 AM Post #929 of 5,353
First there are unexplainable delays of v1 from sellers and bgvp, when after 1,5 month waiting there is no correct information about the orders and still dont know will it be or not sent. Then this V2 nonsence. What's going on with bgvp. Are they really thinking that they can silently change v1 to v2 and sell it as the sames original. We ordered v1 and waiting for v1. Not any v2 or anything bgvp will invent in this period. Not making enough v1 and still making some v2 we don't know anything about is some strange behavior and reall bull i newer thought bgvp are possible to make. I still think this v2 is made of small amout for some small region. We still don't know any exact info about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back