BGVP discussion thread DM7/ DM6/DMG and NEW BA series
Nov 29, 2018 at 10:59 PM Post #76 of 5,353
A75B196B-DED0-4037-8411-85945C53AD5E.jpeg
Guys, can yall describe the treble issue? Is there measurements to illustrate the issue? It seems people are selling them due to treble issues.

Oh wait, burn-in will take care of it? Nahhhhh....

I first noticed it with my 1Z in balanced, but never noticed it in demo mode with my IPod Touch and EDM 320kbps MP3 songs. It seemed to lessen slighly after burn in. To me, and in my opinion it’s the slight drop treble area in the graph. The result could be slighly, less-than-optimal thin snare drums or thin and non-filled-out vocals in that specific response range.

Again with EDM it’s not an issue, though it may become noticeable for folks listening to vocal centric music or acoustic music where they know how the instruments sound.

Still I don’t want to make this more of a negative than it is. I have been listening to the DM6 IEMs non-stop maybe 8 days, they are by far the best $200 I ever spent on any headphone.....................ever! And........again...they scale and keep improving up and up; I can’t even use them them in 3.5mm single ended mode.

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2018 at 11:09 PM Post #78 of 5,353
Nov 30, 2018 at 12:04 AM Post #81 of 5,353
I've ordered DM6 on 11.11 from Audio&Video Professional Store on AliExpress I believe this is the one with the big discount.

Some time later they changed status to "shipped out".

Now it says "shipment canceled".

I suspect that they set the status to "shipped out" to meet the AliExpress deadline... I hope so. I hope that they don't cancel orders because BGVP can't meet demands =/

Nov 30, 2018 at 12:18 AM Post #82 of 5,353
it's probably going to take a while for BGVP to fulfill all the orders as they are prioritizing quality and sticking to a daily quota, even before the DM6 exploded, I had to wait for 7 days for them to make it and several more days to arrive, and this was on early October lol

Nov 30, 2018 at 12:58 AM Post #83 of 5,353
yup you are totally right, that's why i said in my book, because i know for sure many people that i know are put off by that "plasticky" mid high sound. i see them like different lenses/perspectives to capturr the same object. different iems would capture slightly different ways of the same song. that way i sometimes noticing something that i might pass by when hearing it with other earphones, for example.
Sorry for asking but what do you mean by plasticky mids? I need vocals good upclose without sounding recessed thin or unclear. Some iems I have tried recently have really decent sounding vocals however they still sound kind of distant though not recessed. I need it more upclose with all the good attributes.

Nov 30, 2018 at 1:12 AM Post #84 of 5,353
Sorry for asking but what do you mean by plasticky mids? I need vocals good upclose without sounding recessed thin or unclear. Some iems I have tried recently have really decent sounding vocals however they still sound kind of distant though not recessed. I need it more upclose with all the good attributes.

the thing is, that term (plasticky) is not my word, but others use it to describe the Etymotic sound. the DM6 have a similar sound, but only in a very narrow band on the frequency, usually audible on snare hits and cymbals, but the rest of the DM6 are really different to the Etys.

mind you, i really like the Etys sound, so when i said plasticky not necessarily in a negative way, but just a different sound

i forgot, for upclose vocals, have you tried the Hisenior B5+?

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2018 at 2:23 AM Post #85 of 5,353
Hi all,

I'm in the process of ordering a pair.
Hardest thing is deciding on color.
Plan on using these at the gym with a Bluetooth cord.
Anyone else doing the same and with what cord?
Last did anyone else take advantage of the sale price on Ali site?

Hey there,

I ordered mine on Black Friday from Aliexp. (Store: DD-Audio) and I belive that must´ve been a special BF Deal. Got them for 159 € and now they are 177 €. Went for Black first then switched to green. Will use them at the gym as well, not too sure yet if with a bluetooth cord. Interested in your feedback in how it works and which BT cord you´ve been using.

Nov 30, 2018 at 3:31 AM Post #86 of 5,353
I'm guessing the treble complaints come from the sharp dip after 10k, and then the peak at 16k, leading to cymbals sounding weird? Based on the FR graph, I could see that it might be a problem for me as well. I would definitely perceive that peak as a strong hiss, based on my experience with the TRN V80s at least, which are very hissy (I guess I am treble sensitive). Probably why @crinacle suggested a 20ohm adapter to be used with the DM6, which could tame that down, basically lowering the "sensitivity".

About the ali orders, I've just spoke with the seller (the A&V one with the 25% discount from 11.11), and he told me (if I understood him correctly), that they get a new batch of 20 BGVP DM6es a day. They are sending them based on order time. So for me, he told me at lest 10 more days of wait. I've placed my order on 26th of October, so probably that could be a rough indicator of when the rest are gonna be shipped. This is crazy indeed. We kinda broke BGVP. :floatsmile:

I don't know, never heard of them but my brother mostly listens to RnB, HH and Orc. Jazz so that makes sense. He bought them recommended from a friend and it's already sold so i won't have the chance to test them and tbh i am not even curious. We usually don't have the same taste but i suspect that it wouldn't fit my taste either since he also said some slightly recessed vocals? Again i can't try them myself so who knows.

Oh well what matters is that some seem to enjoy them very much.

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2018 at 6:04 AM Post #87 of 5,353
IMG-20181130-110246.jpg
xCCWj28
I just received a QC picture of my DM6, but the orientation of the logo is wrong lol..... Hopefully they fix this issue.

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2018 at 7:19 AM Post #88 of 5,353
Judging from amazon pics this is normal, however the Knowles 30017 has weird looking plates on both sides and you can't possibly cover both of them while arranging the BAs in a rectangle.
I will hate to start a conspiracy so I will leave it to people actually owning the DM6, but I also can't see the Knowles 30017 in the official marketing material.

I have asked Penon about this - according to them they have received OEM Knowles drivers which they printed BGVP logo on. Got also this post supposingly from Knowles, anyone can read Mandarin here? Either way I still love my DM6.

Knowles Weibo.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2018 at 8:17 AM Post #89 of 5,353
Last edited:
Nov 30, 2018 at 8:44 AM Post #90 of 5,353
I have asked Penon about this - according to them they have received OEM Knowles drivers which they printed BGVP logo on. Got also this post supposingly from Knowles, anyone can read Mandarin here? Either way I still love my DM6.

This explain things. But it still weird that they received the 22955 in its original housing while receiving blank 30017, this what caused the misunderstanding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back