BGVP discussion thread DM7/ DM6/DMG and NEW BA series
Nov 29, 2018 at 6:49 AM Post #18 of 5,353
Ordered Blue DMG on 11.11 and received it 11.15. I have been thoroughly enjoying them through Shanling M0. Great recc, @HBB.
It's definitely a tier or two above regular chi-fi populars like Tin T2. The sub-bass is so seductive. Recessed vocals is no problem for me. I prefer it this way vs shouty vocals.
Imaging is a bit-off though, like a donut hole. Not sure, if it's because of the lack of sound tubes. This got me excited about DM6. So went ahead and ordered a clear DM6 on BF sale.

@paddyberger, when/where did you order DM6? Looks like even the 11.11 orders are not being shipped.

I ordered from Amazon UK via Linsoul on 4 Nov. I paid the premium to get them earlier but I don’t think it’s made a lot of difference in delivery.

Nov 29, 2018 at 6:52 AM Post #19 of 5,353
Take a pic and post. Market...meet demand. I can probably find a person to take them off you. Now would be a good time :)

My brother is UK based. If he hasn't got rid of them yet should i contact you by PM or do you mean to put up an ad? He usually deals more locally (he can't use a computer/put up an ad. Me or his wife usually do it) but maybe we can figure something out.

Nov 29, 2018 at 7:12 AM Post #20 of 5,353
I ordered from Amazon UK via Linsoul on 4 Nov. I paid the premium to get them earlier but I don’t think it’s made a lot of difference in delivery.
Gotcha! Yours was before the 11.11 rush.

Nov 29, 2018 at 7:24 AM Post #21 of 5,353
My brother is UK based. If he hasn't got rid of them yet should i contact you by PM or do you mean to put up an ad? He usually deals more locally (he can't use a computer/put up an ad. Me or his wife usually do it) but maybe we can figure something out.

Take a pic and post in here. I may do a video and link to this thread. If someone does not try and snatch them up i can probably find a person who will grab if they can cancel their order.

Nov 29, 2018 at 8:27 AM Post #23 of 5,353
Another 11.11 DM6 victim, the seller dosnt know when its going to be delivered from factory...
Seller Yaoyaotiger HIFI Audio Store, Anyone has expiriance with them ?

Nov 29, 2018 at 8:39 AM Post #24 of 5,353
I got my DM6 from Penon today in the mail. I was a little thrown off initially as it sounded weird. Then tried other tips and realized that the silicon tips it came with made it sound bassy and hollow. Switched to foam tips and it started sounding way better. Gonna do some intense listening sessions & comparisons and post a review. :)

BGVP DM6.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2018 at 8:42 AM Post #25 of 5,353
You are not the only one with complains regarding that treble unfortunately.
Is this a manufacturing issue or is it just that DM6 are built that way? I really want to buy one of those but hearing that makes me feel kind of worry as this is my first expensive iem i've ever purchased.

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2018 at 8:47 AM Post #26 of 5,353
Another 11.11 DM6 victim, the seller dosnt know when its going to be delivered from factory...
Seller Yaoyaotiger HIFI Audio Store, Anyone has expiriance with them ?

I do have, although somehow limited.

I bought the Toneking T4 set from them at 11.11 (DM6 was the runner up and still check up on them as a possible future purchase) but I approached with care as the overall rating of the store is rather concerning.
Previously (before 11.11) I asked them if the item will be in stock, they said no it will have to be built, I asked how long it will take, they said a week and pretty much managed to ship it after 8 days or so after I bugged them with a couple additional messages to make sure they are on track.

The item is in my country now but it will take longer to get to me due to local postage service being very slow so right now I don't know what have they really sent me, hope they will be true to their words.
So that's that, I trod carefully and until now they have been honest and kep their promises.

I would suggest to ask them for committed deadlines but seeing as everyone is reporting huge delays with DM6 don't get your hopes up for anything certain in the near future. That's an unfortunate situation for most DM6 deals it seems.

Good luck budy.

Nov 29, 2018 at 11:08 AM Post #29 of 5,353
Take a pic and post. Market...meet demand. I can probably find a person to take them off you. Now would be a good time :)
Hi, i am very interested in the dm6 aswell but I have been very scared all this time to take the plunge because I hear from a lot of people that it needs a good source and good cable to bring up the vocals and make them sound not recessed. I would like to ask if you think this iem would be suitable for my requirements (good vocals and soundstage) straight off my phone without any cables or a very decent source? Or do you feel the whizzer maybe a better choice off my phone? I would really appreciate your help as I am quite stuck here and thoroughly enjoyed your last rec in the os v3!

Nov 29, 2018 at 11:09 AM Post #30 of 5,353
Just a heads up. DM6 stock cable is not very good. It sounds great with an OCC copper cable.
Secondly, sound is very tip dependent, so if you have issues with treble, change tips.
It makes a pretty massive difference.
Got the clear version myself, and paired with a 4.4mm ALO Audio pure OCC copper cable.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back