BGVP discussion thread DM7/ DM6/DMG and NEW BA series
Dec 18, 2018 at 3:44 PM Post #661 of 5,353
Hi everyone,

Just got my DM6, hope everyone gets theirs soon.

Im actually floored at how good they sound! Im even close to saying that they are better than my Ether Flow Open. I know iems vs headphones are different categories but in terms of sound wise, Im liking the DM6 more.

Im now curious to know what headphones would be comparable to the DM6. Would like to hear anyone’s thoughts on this.
Where did you order yours?

Dec 18, 2018 at 7:36 PM Post #662 of 5,353
Dec 18, 2018 at 8:51 PM Post #664 of 5,353
I think I have read opinion on here that the tuning is in fact different.
Someone with both should clarify this.
The iBasso has a much tighter and also stronger low end with a better extension into the sub-bass. The M6 has the better imaging, cleaner midrange, and a broad, thick, muddy bass.

I compared the published FR curves of the DMG with my M6's and they are identical. DMG and M6 are ODM products most likely from the same tuner.

Dec 18, 2018 at 9:41 PM Post #665 of 5,353
I would love to ser a comparision, i have a p4 pro.

I had a short bit of time with the TenHz P4 Pros today and immediately you can tell that they're not even in the same league as the BGVP DM6 or even the DMG. I don't have time to go into much detail, but here is a quick breakdown. The only thing going for the P4 Pro is the fit and the carrying case that comes with it. They fit in my ears perfectly, but lack isolation. The cable is lacking as well. The P4 Pro's bass lacks impact, the mids are recessed, and the highs lack detail in comparison to the DM6.

Overall Quality - DM6
Comfort - P4 Pro
Isolation - DM6
Cable - DM6

Overall Sound - DM6
Bass - DM6
Mids - DM6
Highs - DM6

Dec 18, 2018 at 9:46 PM Post #666 of 5,353
My take on the solid NiceHCK EP10 single DD earphone:
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/nicehck-ep10.23452/reviews#review-21318

single earpiece copy.jpg

Dec 18, 2018 at 9:58 PM Post #667 of 5,353
Dec 18, 2018 at 10:01 PM Post #668 of 5,353
I had a short bit of time with the TenHz P4 Pros today and immediately you can tell that they're not even in the same league as the BGVP DM6 or even the DMG. I don't have time to go into much detail, but here is a quick breakdown. The only thing going for the P4 Pro is the fit and the carrying case that comes with it. They fit in my ears perfectly, but lack isolation. The cable is lacking as well. The P4 Pro's bass lacks impact, the mids are recessed, and the highs lack detail in comparison to the DM6.

Overall Quality - DM6
Comfort - P4 Pro
Isolation - DM6
Cable - DM6

Overall Sound - DM6
Bass - DM6
Mids - DM6
Highs - DM6

Thx for that... interesting. I see people sayng they like p4 pro the same, and also see people with the same opinion as yours. Most probaly will have to try to see for myself hahaha.

I have DMG and p4 pro, i found p4 pro better. I can see you not liking the bass, it suffers from a technical standart, for my taste it has more than enough impact for most genres and the uning in these match better with a cut on it. It could have a little more treble also. What i don't see and can't agree at all is in the recessed mids. for me they are almost inside your head.

Dec 18, 2018 at 10:21 PM Post #669 of 5,353
Thx for that... interesting. I see people sayng they like p4 pro the same, and also see people with the same opinion as yours. Most probaly will have to try to see for myself hahaha.

I have DMG and p4 pro, i found p4 pro better. I can see you not liking the bass, it suffers from a technical standart, for my taste it has more than enough impact for most genres and the uning in these match better with a cut on it. It could have a little more treble also. What i don't see and can't agree at all is in the recessed mids. for me they are almost inside your head.

Interesting that you put the P4 Pro on par with the DMG. I'm wondering if I got a properly tuned pair now. One thing to make note of, the DMG has had more break-in time than the P4 Pro right out of the box. So, I'll spend some time breaking them in, swapping out tips, and cable and see if my opinion has changed any.

Dec 19, 2018 at 12:00 AM Post #671 of 5,353
Dec 19, 2018 at 12:36 AM Post #673 of 5,353
Last edited:
Dec 19, 2018 at 12:58 AM Post #674 of 5,353
Last edited:
Dec 19, 2018 at 1:00 AM Post #675 of 5,353
Oops. Didn't see the silver plated part. Thought it was pure silver. Well, I guess that settles that. Thanks, y'all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back