BGVP discussion thread DM7/ DM6/DMG and NEW BA series
Apr 17, 2019 at 1:14 PM Post #3,646 of 5,353
wow that is some misfortune there, but props to penon and bgpvp for replacing them, and as usual, these are worth the wait, I'm still enjoying mine nearly everyday since last October :)

Yeah they really handled this great. Today it's been been 'only' 3 weeks since i sent them to penon, wich is literaly the other side of the world for me. And they are already on their way back. Hopefully for real this time.

Apr 17, 2019 at 1:54 PM Post #3,647 of 5,353
I've been abscent from this thread for a few weeks. Don't know if anyone remembers, but my dm6's arrived after almost 4 months of waiting and one had a defective driver right out the box. So i had to send them back to China.
Here's the good news: today i got an email from penon saying there was in fact a bad armature in the left iem and bgvp aknowledged this. They have replaced the iem's and they're on their way back to me finally.
All in all i've had nothing but good experience with penon audio and they handled this case very professional and fast.
Thanks for sharing but this says something about quality inspections in bgvp manufacturing process. Hope they will not forget what quality means. Happy that your waiting and bad luck comes to an end. Penon showed once more that they are one of not so many trustworthy hifi shops in china. That cares about the buyer after not " before". :wink:

Apr 17, 2019 at 2:04 PM Post #3,648 of 5,353
Thanks for sharing but this says something about quality inspections in bgvp manufacturing process. Hope they will not forget what quality means. Happy that your waiting and bad luck comes to an end. Penon showed once more that they are one of not so many trustworthy hifi shops in china. That cares about the buyer after not " before". :wink:

Yeah i pointed that out 1 few weeks back. The left iem was bad right out the box, aswell as the stock cable. The main connector had a bad connection. So basically everything was bad inside the box :laughing:

Penon reassured me they tested them before shipping, to make sure they're ok this time. Fingers crossed.

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2019 at 2:08 PM Post #3,649 of 5,353
I've been abscent from this thread for a few weeks. Don't know if anyone remembers, but my dm6's arrived after almost 4 months of waiting and one had a defective driver right out the box. So i had to send them back to China.
Here's the good news: today i got an email from penon saying there was in fact a bad armature in the left iem and bgvp aknowledged this. They have replaced the iem's and they're on their way back to me finally.
All in all i've had nothing but good experience with penon audio and they handled this case very professional and fast.

Good to hear! Hopefully the new set functions properly.

Apr 17, 2019 at 2:13 PM Post #3,650 of 5,353
Yeah i pointed that out 1 few weeks back. The left iem was bad right out the box, aswell as the stock cable. The main connector had a bad connection. So basically everything was bad inside the box :laughing:

Penon reassured me they tested them before shipping, to make sure they're ok this time. Fingers crossed.
What do you mean whit left iem was bad sounding bad or broken ?
Your main connection on what the mmcx on the left iem ?
Mine is a bit loose on the left side

Was this a black one maybe i got yours now

Apr 17, 2019 at 2:23 PM Post #3,651 of 5,353

The left iem sounded completely distorted at certain frequencies, around the mid-range. Obviously a bad armature. The cable had a bad connection at the 3,5mm jack. If i wiggled the cable, the sound cut out.
Bottom line, don't count on the quality control. I can only hope they skipped the quality control during the 'hype' period, but picked it back up now.

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2019 at 2:30 PM Post #3,652 of 5,353

Now that you say it though, the left mmcx connector was looser than the right one. But the connection was good. Other cables had a better connection. The stock cable is absolute junk imo. A real shame for a 200 dollar set.

Apr 17, 2019 at 2:38 PM Post #3,653 of 5,353
Now that you say it though, the left mmcx connector was looser than the right one. But the connection was good. Other cables had a better connection. The stock cable is absolute junk imo. A real shame for a 200 dollar set.
Man i dont now if my set is good or not it dont sound like 200 dollar every one who listen to my set says they sound crap somtimes mine sound wrong on the left side and sontimes they sound really good

Apr 17, 2019 at 3:08 PM Post #3,654 of 5,353
Man i dont now if my set is good or not it dont sound like 200 dollar every one who listen to my set says they sound **** somtimes mine sound wrong on the left side and sontimes they sound really good

Mine did sound good, except for the distortion, wich wasn't there 100% of the time, so i did get a chance to give them a small try. Don't believe the huge hype though. They sound good, really good, but are no miracle as oposed to what some people expect after reading all the praise this set gets. Just keep your expectations realistic.
But, as said many times before, don't use the stock cable. I don't trust that thing one bit.

Apr 17, 2019 at 3:14 PM Post #3,655 of 5,353
Mine did sound good, except for the distortion, wich wasn't there 100% of the time, so i did get a chance to give them a small try. Don't believe the huge hype though. They sound good, really good, but are no miracle as oposed to what some people expect after reading all the praise this set gets. Just keep your expectations realistic.
But, as said many times before, don't use the stock cable. I don't trust that thing one bit.
I got a nicehck pure copper cable but yea i got that distortion too sometimes

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2019 at 4:09 PM Post #3,656 of 5,353
You must have a defective set. Sorry to hear it. My DM6 are clean as can be and do sound absolutely amazing. They hit way above their price range. No distortion ever.

Apr 17, 2019 at 4:26 PM Post #3,657 of 5,353
I got a nicehck pure copper cable but yea i got that distortion too sometimes

Could very well be you got a bad set. In my case there was absolutely no doubt. The defect was really obvious when it was there. Some songs were worse than others.
The worst i heard was is 'is there more' by drake. Listen to the first 24 seconds of that song. That one was just impossible to listen to.

Apr 17, 2019 at 4:51 PM Post #3,658 of 5,353
On this i got non stop wiered background noises not the ditrotion im talkin about can someone pls check out whit dm6

I now its no song and its bad quality
But it would interest me

Apr 17, 2019 at 6:34 PM Post #3,659 of 5,353
sure, hang on a min, what am i listening for, low end distortion? treble crunchiness?

Edit : sounds fine. I'm not listening for 6 hours...

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2019 at 6:57 PM Post #3,660 of 5,353
Makes sense. Sorry I missed that somewhere.

I think @jsmiller58 also ordered #130 and hopefully he will have it soon.
I did :). They seem to be a challenge to get through LA in the hand off between Ali’s carrier and USPS... says still there 6 days since arrival... had same thing happen with my DM6... hopeful that the cable will arrive soon...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back