BGVP discussion thread DM7/ DM6/DMG and NEW BA series
Apr 16, 2019 at 8:36 AM Post #3,631 of 5,353
You are craaaazy, but whatever works my man. At least they respond well to EQ.
Yea but i dont have problem whit the treble my girlfriend say on standart eq that the dm6 hurts her ear it would pierce for me thier could be more treble

Apr 16, 2019 at 8:42 AM Post #3,632 of 5,353
Yea but i dont have problem whit the treble my girlfriend say on standart eq that the dm6 hurts her ear it would pierce for me thier could be more treble
It should be piercing like hell with this raised treble. Even in flat dm6 are tendency to pierce and sometime it's too much for me. Don't know what is your treble tolerance, perhaps you hear different

Apr 16, 2019 at 8:45 AM Post #3,633 of 5,353
It should be piercing like hell with this raised treble. Even in flat dm6 are tendency to pierce and sometime it's too much for me. Don't know what is your treble tolerance, perhaps you hear different
No piercing no fatigue i listen now for 3 houers on 65% volume i like treble

Apr 16, 2019 at 9:14 AM Post #3,635 of 5,353
Perhaps its because of your source. Phones usually not very transparent and treble rolled off and softer not harsh sounding, so this way raised treble is understandable. When source is brighter dm6 can be fatiguing even without eq
I would prefer +3dB on Mid Range and 0 on everything else.

Apr 16, 2019 at 9:37 AM Post #3,636 of 5,353
I wasnt really happy whit the tuning of the dm6 miss the old tuning of my momentum now i know i am a v shape guy after some eq the dm6 are the best iems i ever heard

Im i crazy to raise the 8k up
Whatever works for you is the right thing to do. They are very good the way you have them eq'd and that's good

Apr 16, 2019 at 9:45 AM Post #3,637 of 5,353
I generally listen to all of my music direct sound with no eq at all, mainly because I find that the output takes a 4db hit and this I find effects the overall sound. I do sometimes hit the bass boost, but this is hardware controlled and effects other frequencies less

Apr 16, 2019 at 10:43 AM Post #3,638 of 5,353
I generally listen to all of my music direct sound with no eq at all, mainly because I find that the output takes a 4db hit and this I find effects the overall sound. I do sometimes hit the bass boost, but this is hardware controlled and effects other frequencies less
On my setup the eq doent mess whit anything up just more base more treble anything else be where it was no lose of detail or quality its insane

Apr 17, 2019 at 10:13 AM Post #3,640 of 5,353
I use my DMG as my everyday beater, and the DM6 with critical listening, where does the DM7 fit in??? :L3000:
Much more critical ? Dont now we will see

Apr 17, 2019 at 10:21 AM Post #3,641 of 5,353
4EB32AEE-BCFA-48AC-A7C0-924631940063.jpeg
I use my DMG as my everyday beater, and the DM6 with critical listening, where does the DM7 fit in??? :L3000:

I’m hoping like polarized sunglasses on a DM6 sunset surrounded by runway models and free scotch? But that’s just dreaming?

Apr 17, 2019 at 10:46 AM Post #3,642 of 5,353
i dont find dm6.fatiguing.. a83 does.. dm6 is not good if paired with iphones or ipods.. it will sound horrible.. but with dx150 and opus1s dm6 sounds amazing..i can listen for it for so long.. i use my dm6 with balanced copper cable. one more is that tye dm6 is not forgiving to bad music files.. this is my daily driver for now replacing my a83 and it03.

Apr 17, 2019 at 12:53 PM Post #3,644 of 5,353
I've been abscent from this thread for a few weeks. Don't know if anyone remembers, but my dm6's arrived after almost 4 months of waiting and one had a defective driver right out the box. So i had to send them back to China.
Here's the good news: today i got an email from penon saying there was in fact a bad armature in the left iem and bgvp aknowledged this. They have replaced the iem's and they're on their way back to me finally.
All in all i've had nothing but good experience with penon audio and they handled this case very professional and fast.

Apr 17, 2019 at 1:09 PM Post #3,645 of 5,353
I've been abscent from this thread for a few weeks. Don't know if anyone remembers, but my dm6's arrived after almost 4 months of waiting and one had a defective driver right out the box. So i had to send them back to China.
Here's the good news: today i got an email from penon saying there was in fact a bad armature in the left iem and bgvp aknowledged this. They have replaced the iem's and they're on their way back to me finally.
All in all i've had nothing but good experience with penon audio and they handled this case very professional and fast.

wow that is some misfortune there, but props to penon and bgpvp for replacing them, and as usual, these are worth the wait, I'm still enjoying mine nearly everyday since last October :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back