1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

BGVP discussion thread DM7/ DM6/DMG and NEW BA series

First

Back
215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224
226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235
Next

Last
  1. Steve Guppy
    Comply foam, Shure olives, JVC Spiral dot and MandarinEs Symbio are 4 of the most popular, and favourite. Tried 3 of those (not the Shure) and they've all been far superior to the supplied tips. Was a die-hard Symbio fan, but currently enjoying the Spiral Dots a lot. They may well be my new #1..

2. Chziime
    Thank you. What size for the Spiral Dot, Medium? I heard a report of the Spiral Dots bringing out the treble too much for the DMG (I have DM6 though).

Was my purchase of a $30 balanced "Silver Plated Copper & High Purity Copper Hybrid" a decent option? Seems like people here don't like silver plated copper.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2019
  3. redrol
    If you like its aesthetics, its a good buy. It will not change the sound signature.

Music junky likes this.
  4. Steve Guppy
    I got medium and medium large. The ML seem to be perfect for me but obviously everyone's different, so you may need to buy a few different sizes to find the best for you.

As for cables, everyone's gonna argue their case unwaveringly, often with no scientific evidence. I have both spc and occ and tbh, notice very little, if any difference. I'm using the LZ a4 copper cable purely because it's softer and more aesthetically pleasing to me. Tips are far, far more important and influential on the sound signature

5. Music junky
    Aloha!
    Well I now own DMG, dm6, s6rui, s8freedom, and Solaris, Andromeda, kse1500,846. Af180. Af1120. Also. IMG_20190403_080411.jpg

6. Music junky
    Dignis IMG_20190403_080253.jpg

7. Music junky
    IMG_20190403_080306.jpg

archy121 likes this.
  8. jon parker
    Alright mate, we get it - YOU don't hear any difference. We get it. There is no need to keep sneaking in your views based on not having experienced what many other people have.
    At the very least give a balanced answer - " personally I don't hear a difference but others do"

People come here as the only resource to receive answers from people with more experience

I just swopped a 16 core silver plated copper with an 8 core copper cable on the Kanas Pro and yes [FOR ME] there was clearly less body and warmth in the female vocals
    Subtle but enough to not want to use the 16 core with the Kanas

No offence - Its my problem really - Sick and tired of people trying to convince others based on simply NOT having experienced something and from that
    trying to convince others that THEIR own experience is wrong ?!?

Again, no personal offence intended although I do stand by - lets at least give balanced answers to those asking :)

F700, aaDee and archy121 like this.
  9. Music junky
    I got experience! Ask me. IMG_20190403_080309.jpg IMG_20190403_080309.jpg

10. Chziime
    So, would you recommend a budget one like this: https://www.amazon.com/Cable-Earphone-Copper-Detachable-Replacement/dp/B07F1S7523?th=1 instead of the one I have, this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07GR5DP49/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 for the DM6?

11. redrol
    Lol butt hurt much?
    Go ahead and knock yourself out and buy all the cables you want. My balanced answer is you can't measure an audible difference with a 3-5 foot cable into an IEM. I feel like its a disservice to people that saying they need to invest in cables is a good idea. Also, the damn DM6 is like 160bux on sale. Do you REALLY think its a good idea to spent +$50 on a cable for that price tier?! I think its better to just buy another set of IEMs if you want something different.

Try this: put on a blindfold, have a friend swap your cables, listen to the IEM. Do this a bunch of times. Get an actual number of times you can guess which cable is which. Once you do this you realize, you can't tell a damn bit of difference without looking with your eyes.

12. Cevisi
    And did your dm6 compete whit the andromenda

Music junky likes this.
  13. jon parker
    Thanks for your concerns but no, my but is ok :)
    Good point, i wouldn't recommend someone new to the hobby to be spending that amount on cables and yes they would probably be better served buyer another iEM with a difference sound signature.
    Im happy with my experience thanks...why would i need to do a test?
    Why would I want to measure anything? I have faith in me - Like I said - I tried cable A, mids were thinner than cable B, so Im saying its cable B on that particular IEM. Simple really

14. redrol
    To know, thats why.

bar1 likes this.
  15. Cevisi
    I saw this video yesterday it records the dm6 whit different sources and different cables i now that is no good evidence becouse you just see his desktop and not his instruments

So look at it and say you 2cents if its bull**** or real

First

Back
215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224
226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235
Next

Last