1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

BGVP discussion thread DM7/ DM6/DMG and NEW BA series

First

Back
157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166
168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177
Next

Last
  1. tomscy2000
    I took off the internal treble dampers on the DMG a while ago, and I definitely liked the detailing on it a lot more without the treble dampers, but the treble tended to be a little splashy.

So I took the 'timbre correction filter' off the LG Quadbeat 3, and put the foam into the silver nozzle. I feel the treble is less peaky now, but the details aren't filtered away as much.

The following is a comparison of the effect of the damper's effect on the Quadbeat 3.

[​IMG]

2. SoundChoice
    I ordered DM6 from aliexpress (Claite) a week ago. I know Chinese New Year slowed things down, but given that there's still "5 days remaining" for processing (still unshipped) does it make sense for me to cancel the order and just order from Linsoul? Or just stick with it, given there's a wait no matter what?

3. Mouseman
    Something I bought before the holiday was just shipped today, so you may want to wait a day or two before you cancel the order. It seems like some sellers took a little longer vacation than others.

SoundChoice likes this.
  4. JRichardson1228
    Hey all,

Been lurking in this thread since it was started, just made my account today. *sheepish wave*

Anyway, I wanted to give everyone a heads up that I was chatting with Linsoul support this morning because I wanted to check their stock on the DM6s and I was informed they would quote, "have stock on all color variants next week." So hopefully that means BGVP is getting a handle on their backorders and the whole 11/11 debacle will be coming to a close fairly soon.

5. interweb-tech
    Maybe mine (clear variant) will ship. Its been in for a week.

6. drews
    FWIW, he recently told me that he would have them in stock in 15 days - so I paid for them and when I asked (after 15 days) if they'd shipped he said he didn't have them in stock...

7. JRichardson1228
    *scratches head* Well, in that case, take what I said earlier with a grain of salt.

8. Giullian
    They were not prepared for the massive support from the community over this product. thinking about the product itself and the design, it is quite similar to Fiio FA7, same drivers and similar shape and production process...would't be impressed if Fiio is now sharing the production line too.

9. mr.karmalicious
    i think the dm6 are made in-house? but maybe i just got the wrong idea from their little production video they put out

10. Giullian
    That can still be. just speculating here as a R&D engineer. R&D and 3D production in expensive, so sharing costs would be good for both, looking at both designs being so similar, I wouldn't be impressed.

11. cobrabucket
    Where is the video showing how they're made? Thanks!

12. FastAndClean

cobrabucket likes this.
  13. VancityDreaming
    DM6 has a hollow shell that holds drivers, while FA7's shell is filled and keeps its drivers in place?

Giullian and Redcarmoose like this.
  14. cobrabucket
    Do they wire up all the drivers by hand? Hand soldered?

15. darkwing
    looks like it, a few months ago it was said they only make 20 a day

mr.karmalicious likes this.
First

Back
157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166
168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177
Next

Last