BGVP discussion thread DM7/ DM6/DMG and NEW BA series
Feb 9, 2019 at 12:48 PM Post #2,372 of 5,353
So now, both Sony and Westone make garbage cables and their engineers don't understand sound. I just don't buy it. The audiophile hifi world is full off bull****. It is what it is.

Here we go again ...

Another new guy trying to tell us all what we hear.

Good luck with that.

BTW, if you didn't know, people can hear things differently...

Feb 9, 2019 at 12:50 PM Post #2,374 of 5,353
Hi guys,

My old Westone 3 iems have finally kicked the bucket after a good 6 years of solid use. I am currently in the market for something new and have narrowed down to the new Fiio FA7 ($400) and the BGVP DM6 ($260).

The Fiio FA7 can be purchased from Tmall for $400 and comes with 2 year warranty, but I'll need to ship it back to china if I want to service it.

Whereas the BGVP DM6 does not come with any warranty.
confused.gif

I have auditioned the FA7 and I really do enjoy the sound of it.

As I play the drums, I do enjoy hearing the drums / hi hats more precisely in my music :)

Any suggestions which I should get and why?

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2019 at 12:53 PM Post #2,375 of 5,353
I have the same 80ohm adapter and on the DM6 it sounds pretty similar, but maybe does roll treble off a bit. I agree, I won't use it but it's a nice reference point for 7 bux

Feb 9, 2019 at 12:58 PM Post #2,376 of 5,353
So I jsut ordered a pair of 535 for 350e. Should I send them back considering the price and audio quality of DM6s?

How would any of us know? Everyone has a different perspective on what "sounds good." The only thing I can suggest is listen, listen, listen, and listen some more. You be the judge if you like the tuning. Personally, I would pick the 535's Shure correct? They are a fantastic IEM especially for vocals, you will need to EQ if you prefer bass though, they can handle it. The DM6's are hard to beat for $150 (usually can be had on sale) and if you are just starting out and have a limited budget they are great.

Feb 9, 2019 at 2:22 PM Post #2,378 of 5,353
I have received my 80 ohms adapter yesterday from Amazon slow delivery ($1 in digital content). On the hiby R6, it removes a lot of bass and that's about it, the trebble is the same. On my galaxy s9 (snapdragon) it eliminates the hiss and removes a little bit of bass. So yeah it is completely useless for me but I wanted to give it a try at $7.

That’s not good. At one time I was thinking to buy one of these in 20ohm version but no longer convinced. Ifi Ear Buddy seems better bet for low ohm adapter - 2.7ohm.

And for someone in need of cheap high ohm impedance adapters best to stay away from these none branded adapters.
DUNU do some that don’t cost much more and one would expect them to work better.

8B32445E-166F-46C2-AD54-A19599EACF08.jpeg

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2019 at 2:30 PM Post #2,379 of 5,353
The problem with the cables is these 6 or 8 or even 12 conductor cables are ridiculous. I come from an engineering background and all these conductors create a capacitance effect, in other words, your damn cable is a capacitor in which some freq are boosted over others. To me this is a non-starter. The only cable I feel I would want is a SINGLE CONDUCTOR, ultra thin cable, like this:

61UgY8VYeKL._SL1200_.jpg

And I aint spending 100 bux for a cable on a 200 bux IEM. LOL
where can i get this cable?

Feb 9, 2019 at 2:58 PM Post #2,381 of 5,353
That's messed up. Apparently, the S9 (a phone) has better sound (with 100ohm impedance gear) than a dedicated DAP... Some DAP manufacturers should really step-up their game IMO. Otherwise, what they are selling is pointless to me.
That's not what I meant. The R6 is miles better than the S9 (with and without the adapter) , it's not even debatable. I am just describing how the 80 ohm adapter changes the sound on these 2 devices. R6 + DM6 with copper cable and foam tips = heaven for me.

Edit: and since I am at it, your theory on the crosstalk is not valid in my opinion according to my taste. Sound wise R6>fiio X5iii>>Ibasso dx150. I absolutely didn't like the polite sound of the dx150 amongst other things... So here you have it, actual facts based on my ears and not some simulated theory vector photoshopped coming out of nowhere...

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2019 at 3:16 PM Post #2,383 of 5,353
Is it not more likely that the difference you hear is Balanced vs Single ended and not so much the makeup of the Sony cable ?

@mr.karmalicious now that you have ES100 and copper cables both of Balanced and single ended type maybe you can test this theory ? Does the 8khz peak vary substantially between the two ?
If it varies, I wouldn't say substantially. I wish I had a measurement rig like HBB; I'd be doing all kinds of measurements!! I'll see about measuring the impedance of the three cables I have, at least.

Re: tips: does anybody have any tips (ha) to get my Kz stars to stick on a little better? The coefficient of friction between the nozzle and the left tip is just lower then that between my ear and the top, so it comes off too frequently :/. But they're my favorite tips by far, so..

Feb 9, 2019 at 3:34 PM Post #2,385 of 5,353
That's not what I meant. The R6 is miles better than the S9 (with and without the adapter) , it's not even debatable. I am just describing how the 80 ohm adapter changes the sound on these 2 devices. R6 + DM6 with copper cable and foam tips = heaven for me.

Edit: and since I am at it, your theory on the crosstalk is not valid in my opinion according to my taste. Sound wise R6>fiio X5iii>>Ibasso dx150. I absolutely didn't like the polite sound of the dx150 amongst other things... So here you have it, actual facts based on my ears and not some simulated theory vector photoshopped coming out of nowhere...

Sound signature (you liking the sound) has nothing to do with soundstage/imaging (crosstalk that I'm referring to). I'm sorry, but you can't have huge crosstalk (Hiby R6) and say that it sounds better than something that has very low crosstalk (DX150). It's not how physics work, and has nothing to do with "theories and simulations". What you speak of is probably signature. If I go strictly on signature, I would take the TinAudio T2 with the Axon 7 over the DM6 + Axon 7 mini ANY DAY. But that's not why the DM6 is so special.

And come on, bringing up the illustrator graphs? What does that have to with anything we are discussing here?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back