Beyerdynamics T1 Amplification Thread
Jan 28, 2011 at 11:33 AM Post #61 of 135

Quote:
Excellent - just about to place deposit on a Sonett (single ended - I did own a balanced one a year back - sold due to painful divorce).

When i was younger I used Beyers for years - but haven't used any now for a very long time. The T1 looks very interesting.....

Do it :) .. I dont want to make any advertisments but you cannot go wrong with the SE Sonett, eventhough this is my personal opinion and other people will suggest you other amps. I have the Sonett since last christmas and I am enjoying it everyday, allthough just in this moment I am using the Concerto with the T1 :)..

Regarding the Beyers, I have a few and I love them all..

Jan 28, 2011 at 9:11 PM Post #62 of 135
I can also say that the Woo WA2 is an incredibly synergistic amp with the T1s. Plenty of headroom with an incredible sound. Deep, deep and taught bass, forward mids and very nice treble. The sound stage is also really impressive compared to my other 2 amps.

As much as I enjoy my Concerto/T1 pairing, I do prefer both of my tube amps with the T1s.

Jan 31, 2011 at 7:41 AM Post #63 of 135
I've heard a recurring theme of tube amps with the T1 now......interesting.

Jan 31, 2011 at 8:42 PM Post #65 of 135

Quote:
I also like tube amps with the T1 when i owned it I used my CSP-2 OTL and the Concerto and much preferred the tube amp. OTL sound fantastic because of the high impedance. Think Decware and Woo with the T1

^^

This is bang ON!
biggrin.gif

Feb 6, 2011 at 6:49 PM Post #68 of 135

Correct. Given that its coming from Germany, I would have to give it a little wait. Nevertheless, am curious to know if such a set up would work & how it would sound...If anyone could chime in?
Quote:
Didn't I just read that you just pulled the trigger on both the Concerto and T1, and didn't you already own the WA3?
Quote:
Anyone know how the pre-amp from a Wa3 fed into a Concerto would sound with T1s or any headphone for that matter?..

Feb 6, 2011 at 8:52 PM Post #69 of 135

Quote:
Correct. Given that its coming from Germany, I would have to give it a little wait. Nevertheless, am curious to know if such a set up would work & how it would sound...If anyone could chime in?
Quote:
Didn't I just read that you just pulled the trigger on both the Concerto and T1, and didn't you already own the WA3?
Quote:
Anyone know how the pre-amp from a Wa3 fed into a Concerto would sound with T1s or any headphone for that matter?..

Not sure how the Concerto would deal with the higher output power from your WA3. I'd give Dr. Meirer a call for his thoughts.

Between the two amps, I'm thinking the WA3 would be the better choice for the T1s. Please report back what you find out.
smile.gif

Feb 6, 2011 at 8:59 PM Post #70 of 135
But of course the Concerto is for the LCD-2s that are on wait 
bigsmile_face.gif
..It was just a curious question that I haven't really seen asked. But from what you mentioned and given my general ignorance, its probably one that doesn't need to be..Otherwise, i'll just have to be patient and give it a try once its all here. Ill make sure to post something...

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Not sure how the Concerto would deal with the higher output power from your WA3. I'd give Dr. Meirer a call for his thoughts.

Between the two amps, I'm thinking the WA3 would be the better choice for the T1s. Please report back what you find out.
smile.gif

Feb 8, 2011 at 3:37 PM Post #71 of 135
Hi all, apologies for the slight "off thread" but I thought I would give the heads up on the following. I have a new pair of T1's coming up for sale shortly and since they are always mentioned and compared - a new pair of LCD-2's. They will appear in the for sale section shortly. Thanks.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 8, 2011 at 3:52 PM Post #72 of 135

So - tell us why you are selling and what you will be listening to instead!!! 

(I know I'm asking you to say potentially negative stuff about what you're about to sell, but you shouldn't care about that. Nobody here bothers about what other people says anyway.... (haha) )
Quote:
Hi all, apologies for the slight "off thread" but I thought I would give the heads up on the following. I have a new pair of T1's coming up for sale shortly and since they are always mentioned and compared - a new pair of LCD-2's. They will appear in the for sale section shortly. Thanks.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 8, 2011 at 4:05 PM Post #73 of 135
triportsad.gif
 No negatives surprisingly as these have literally had ..... 20 minutes listening!! Absolutely nothing wrong with them and are as new. Reason for selling is I lost my job today
triportsad.gif
 I feel it may be a long hard slog until I get another job so I have decided to "cash in" my dreams. Receipts from the retailers will be presented to authenticate sale and dates and obviously both are still under warranty. What will I be listening to instead? Probably the surround sound of the dole queue. Thanks for your interest. Maybe you will be one who enquires in the Headphones for sale thread?

Feb 9, 2011 at 5:22 AM Post #75 of 135
Sorry to hear of your news Zen - been there and done that - keep the faith my friend, and get the CV out to everyone. What is your line of business?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back