Beyerdynamic Xelento!
Jan 15, 2021 at 6:54 AM Post #2,209 of 2,930
Actually every tip fit well for me, the oval nosels dont make any difference. I would rather consider buying any other tips for the Xelento while the sound changes always for the worse, at least for me. Maybe it's just my ears. I think beyerdynamic made a research and there is a reason why the stock tips have such shape. Don't know but it's just my opinion.

Jan 15, 2021 at 7:38 AM Post #2,210 of 2,930
I hardly agree - i used AKt8ie with spinfit - there was a hearable negative change in the frequency spectrum.
Only the original tips deliever the original engineered sound experience.
So it is better to research with the different size of the original tips with smallow fit.

Jan 15, 2021 at 10:20 AM Post #2,211 of 2,930
Yeah, i really doubt that changing fits from stock ones can make any positive improvement on xelentos. They have specific warmish, bassy sound with great wide soundstage. If someone doesn't like this kind of sound i would recommend looking for another iems instead of degrading their native sig.

Jan 24, 2021 at 10:17 PM Post #2,213 of 2,930
I'm perfectly happy with my Xelentos. However, out of curiosity I was wondering if anyone has purchased a better sounding aftermarket cable? If so, which one and how did it improve the sound?
I did not change cable for Xelento, but I bought an expensive pure silver cable for SE846 several years ago, the cable made the sound inferior, I do believe the cable has a impact to SQ, but not necessarily a good impact.
I also bought high quality cable for HE560, but I could not hear any difference. Consider the Xelento already has a good quality cable, I assume you need to spend a lot of money for a good cable to make a difference?

Jan 25, 2021 at 12:46 AM Post #2,214 of 2,930
I did not change cable for Xelento, but I bought an expensive pure silver cable for SE846 several years ago, the cable made the sound inferior, I do believe the cable has a impact to SQ, but not necessarily a good impact.
I also bought high quality cable for HE560, but I could not hear any difference. Consider the Xelento already has a good quality cable, I assume you need to spend a lot of money for a good cable to make a difference?

I think you are right. I checked the price of a replacement original Beyerdynamic cable and it was incredibly expensive! Beyerdynamic tend to provide very high quality cable for their higher end headphones.

Feb 14, 2021 at 12:31 PM Post #2,216 of 2,930
I purchased an used Xelento remote here, seller says it was a lottery prize.
Are these legit?
Does anyone's xelento have that much space between SERIAL and NO?
pics here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NrdGR7HJYZknwrM7TrKDHuNvq2RYAJpm/view?usp=sharing

Thanks in advance!
Unless Beyerdynamic changed the text layout or yours is from a revised version I would say they are not genuine. The spaces between Serial__No.__xxxxx are equal on mine and not Serial_____No. xxxxx like yours. Or perhaps mine is fake. But the letter spacing is definitely different.

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2021 at 12:50 PM Post #2,217 of 2,930
Are these legit?
pics here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NrdGR7HJYZknwrM7TrKDHuNvq2RYAJpm/view?usp=sharing

Thanks in advance!

Mine is absolutely legit and does not look like that.
image.jpg

Feb 14, 2021 at 12:57 PM Post #2,218 of 2,930
@akosxl I just checked my Xelento Remotes and I do not have such a large gap between Serial and No. My serial number is somewhat higher than yours (12XXX) so I don't know if that matters or not. From listening tests I am pretty sure mine are genuine as they sound almost as good as my T1.2's.

Feb 14, 2021 at 1:19 PM Post #2,219 of 2,930
Are these legit?
pics here:

Thanks in advance!

Yours looks the same as the one in this Verge review, so I assume it's an early generation but probably best to check with Beyerdynamic support (there's at least one other style with a white font as well).
https://www.theverge.com/platform/a...erdynamic-xelento-review-audiophile-earphones
akrales_170523_1713_0009.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back