Beyerdynamic T90 Discussion and Support Thread
Aug 12, 2015 at 11:49 PM Post #3,229 of 4,487
  Ok T90 bros...please for the love of god try the Brainwavz angled velour pads. Brought everything I liked about the HM5 leathers and took away the muffled sound. My HD650 had been getting more head time lately since I hate the stock cloth T90 pads and was getting bored with the muffled sound on the leathers, but T90 is back in the saddle with these puppies:

http://smile.amazon.com/dp/B00ZGFVEUE/ref=sr_ph_1?m=A2XYIDHW2C10EQ&ie=UTF8&qid=1438980447&sr=sr-1&keywords=brainwavz+velour

Double question for Gilly, or anyone else who has tried the angled velours...

1) Silly question...but...which way does the thicker part of the pad sit...towards the "rear", I assume.

2) Did you install them them in stock form, over the factory foam/screens...or...did you remove the factory foam/screen...OR...cut the "extra" screen from the angled pads???

TIA
-Mark in St. Louis

Aug 13, 2015 at 12:05 AM Post #3,230 of 4,487
1. Widest thicker part of the pad sits towards the rear/back of the phones, under the lower half of your ear. 4:30 and 7:30, respectively.

2. IDK....let us know Gilly !!!

And anyone having done this mod....show us pics of the fit and proportion !!!!!!!

Aug 13, 2015 at 12:07 AM Post #3,231 of 4,487
That would be nice. I can send you a PM.

I am really impressed by these headphones as they are. I doubt I've heard anything better under $1000.
That's how I felt when I first heard them. Only thing not on par with post-$1k phones is the soundstage. (Which loses in a big way to K812/HD800)

Aug 13, 2015 at 12:38 AM Post #3,232 of 4,487
1. Widest thicker part of the pad sits towards the rear/back of the phones, under the lower half of your ear. 4:30 and 7:30, respectively.

2. IDK....let us know Gilly !!!

And anyone having done this mod....show us pics of the fit and proportion !!!!!!!

These appear to be angled back-to-front, not bottom-to-top.

The thickness is at more like 1:30 to 4:30, as opposed to 4:30 to 7:30.

-Mark

Aug 13, 2015 at 1:30 AM Post #3,234 of 4,487
Hey,

just want to share my latest experience with my T90 Jubilee:

I have a Hifiman 901s for review and the T90 sounds amazing with it. First time I heard a DAP make the T90 sound that great.

But then, just yesterday, I received the ifi retro for review. Hooked it up and listened to the speakers for a bit, all nice and pleasant, pretty great. I then plugged in my T90 in the 6.3mm socket and that's when my jaw dropped. I have honestly never heard the T90 sound that good (not even with my beloved Bottlehead Crack with Speedball) - I really am profoundly impressed by the retro as a headphone amp. What ifs packed in there is really such a neat package, it's like all their products in one.

Anyhow, am gushing here, but it really is an amazing combo and really made(and still is) rediscover the T90 who got not the attention it deserves lately from me. It is such an amazing headphone with the right amp.

Am deeply impressed - with the retro and with the T90, I didn't know how much more was in them. Lovely.

Cheers,
K

Aug 13, 2015 at 3:08 AM Post #3,236 of 4,487

These appear to be angled back-to-front, not bottom-to-top.

The thickness is at more like 1:30 to 4:30, as opposed to 4:30 to 7:30.

-Mark

I think you misunderstood my intent.
I mean 7:30 on one's right ear if looked at from the outer mesh grill.
And 4:30 on one's left ear if looked at from the outer grill.
Not both times on one pad.
Hope this clarifies things.

And yes i suppose you could also face it all towards the rear, but i would assume lower rear 45' angle would be best.

Aug 13, 2015 at 9:04 AM Post #3,239 of 4,487

I think you misunderstood my intent.
I mean 7:30 on one's right ear if looked at from the outer mesh grill.
And 4:30 on one's left ear if looked at from the outer grill.
Not both times on one pad.
Hope this clarifies things.

And yes i suppose you could also face it all towards the rear, but i would assume lower rear 45' angle would be best.

I did misunderstand...

Regardless, they are in place and easy enough to rotate if I want to try different positions.  Currently the wedge faces back to front, parallel to the centerline of the cup.

These things are a bear to stretch into place...not really shaped well to fit the T90...IMHO.

Didn't have a chance to listen before bed last night...will try them tonight.  Still wondering if they will sound "better" with the extra screen in place, or not.  On the regular HM5 pads I ended up removing their inner mesh/screen with scissors.

-Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

Back