Beyerdynamic T90 Discussion and Support Thread
Nov 2, 2014 at 11:15 PM Post #2,491 of 4,487
I wrote a review for the T90. It is my first ever headphone review
smile.gif
. Please check it out and provide some feedback.

http://www.head-fi.org/products/beyerdynamic-t90-premium-stereo-headphone/reviews/11851

Nov 3, 2014 at 9:05 AM Post #2,492 of 4,487
Anyone had a chance to try Colorfly C4 32G Pro with T90? 

The problem is that I had a chance to test and compare it (w/ AuneT1 MK2, Golden Lion) for about 15 minutes.
I think it sounded much better (somehow smooth sounding T90) than AuneT1 set up - and now, the same guy sells it for about 350$. 
I need more oppinions, reviews - and one more comparison to decide! :)

Nov 3, 2014 at 12:51 PM Post #2,494 of 4,487
  Thanks, nice review. How does the T90 compare with the HD600 & HE400 with regard to vocals, instruments and airiness? 

Thank you!

Take this with a grain of salt because this is all from memory. The HD600 does vocals better than the T90 and the HE400. There is more body to the midrange than the other headphones. The mids are good on the T90 too. I'll put them slightly below the HD600. My biggest problem with the HE400 was mids and comfort. Mids were kind of recessed. For a lack of better term, the vocals sounded weird to me. As far as airiness, I don't remember too much about the HD600 or the HE400. The HE400 did seem to have a wider soundstage than the HD600. Can specify what you mean by instruments?

After owning the HD600, HE400, and the T90, I don't think you should even bother with the HE400. 

Nov 3, 2014 at 2:34 PM Post #2,495 of 4,487

Thank you!

Take this with a grain of salt because this is all from memory. The HD600 does vocals better than the T90 and the HE400. There is more body to the midrange than the other headphones. The mids are good on the T90 too. I'll put them slightly below the HD600. My biggest problem with the HE400 was mids and comfort. Mids were kind of recessed. For a lack of better term, the vocals sounded weird to me. As far as airiness, I don't remember too much about the HD600 or the HE400. The HE400 did seem to have a wider soundstage than the HD600. Can specify what you mean by instruments?

After owning the HD600, HE400, and the T90, I don't think you should even bother with the HE400. 

By instruments I mean the accuracy with which it renders fine detail in acoustic instruments such as piano, guitar, violin. I thought they all sounded good on the HD600 that I tried recently. I was comparing to some decent closed headphones (Momentum & P7) and surprisingly they weren't too bad. The wow moment was when I listened to some saxophone and there was no contest it was just in a different class. I think part of that could be due to sax being a breathy instrument and the HD600 being open. 

Nov 3, 2014 at 9:39 PM Post #2,496 of 4,487
  By instruments I mean the accuracy with which it renders fine detail in acoustic instruments such as piano, guitar, violin. I thought they all sounded good on the HD600 that I tried recently. I was comparing to some decent closed headphones (Momentum & P7) and surprisingly they weren't too bad. The wow moment was when I listened to some saxophone and there was no contest it was just in a different class. I think part of that could be due to sax being a breathy instrument and the HD600 being open. 

Going by memory, instruments sounded accurate to my ears but the details were a little more laid back than on the T90.

Nov 4, 2014 at 1:02 PM Post #2,498 of 4,487
Worlds better. I don't own either and haven't heard the 25s, but I've heard the 15s countless times...the T90 is a far technically superior headphone. However it's a much different sound from the Bose house sound, much brighter and less bass...if the QC15/25 sound is what you're used to, make sure you can audition the T90 before buying. You'll also likely need a new DAC/amp/source to make them sound the way they should.

Quote:
  Anyone have the Bose QC15/25's and the T90's?
How much better is the sound quality on the T90's because I'm keen to upgrade :D

Nov 5, 2014 at 1:01 PM Post #2,500 of 4,487
Hmmm...if you're looking for headphones to use straight out of a headphone computer jack, you can get better sound for less than the T90. The T90 requires moderate amplification and good, hifi source gear to pull out its best characteristics. It does still sound good out of basic sources, but you can definitely do better for less if you don't plan on amplifying them properly and feeding them with a high quality DAC.

Can I send you a PM to give you a few recommendations so we don't take the thread off topic?

Nov 5, 2014 at 1:16 PM Post #2,501 of 4,487
  Hmmm...if you're looking for headphones to use straight out of a headphone computer jack, you can get better sound for less than the T90. The T90 requires moderate amplification and good, hifi source gear to pull out its best characteristics. It does still sound good out of basic sources, but you can definitely do better for less if you don't plan on amplifying them properly and feeding them with a high quality DAC.

Can I send you a PM to give you a few recommendations so we don't take the thread off topic?

That would be Awesome :D

Nov 8, 2014 at 12:48 PM Post #2,505 of 4,487
Nope! Rock and electronic are what the T90 do best!

Quote:
  Hello,

Could anyone please give me some insight on how these headphones go with metal/rock/fast music? Does it distort when it gets really busy with instruments?

Thanks!

Agreed! They are extremely fast headphones and are fantastic at resolving all the details in whatever music I throw at them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back