beyerdynamic T5p: Photos and first impressions.
Aug 16, 2013 at 3:49 AM Post #947 of 1,963
Hi guys i REALY could use your input / help write about now ;-(

After 5 / 6 months of waiting for my T5p i finally got them last week :wink:
Will tell you later on what my impressions are..

But i can tell you i'm sitting here with a big smile on my face hahaha :wink:
Being the consumer that i am of course i got my self an other thing to think about!

i hooked them up to my mac-mini late 2009 model.. And the Fiio E17 dac/amp connected true spdif.
And on my relax couch i play music from my iPhone 5 and iPod Nano sixth gen you know that one that fits on your wrist as a watch hahaha..

But here's the thing !!!!!

besides having the ability to add bass tweak treble with i find my self not needing with this great headphone.. i can't hear the difference between amp and no amp/dac..!!

i mostly play high quality files no mp3 almost all apple lossless ..

i hear people talking about presence bigger soundstage deeper bass ..
i would describe the T5p without an amp that way….the Fiio looks nice on my desk logging it around the house is a hassle let alone out in the world..Adding the Apple lightning to 30pin cable and the L9 from fiiO makes the combo a strictly home usage for me..

I'm considering putting that $$ in to use for my next headphone ..Perhaps sum good in-ear for at work and outside when i don't want to log my beautiful T5p..

Please let me know what you think..
With all the cables and so the Fiio E17 is costing me €190 that's $213...

Aug 16, 2013 at 6:28 AM Post #950 of 1,963
is this statement incorrect ? (from avguide)

The T5p has an impedance of 32 ohms and a sensitivity of 102db with 1 mW input. That should make the T5p suitable to be driven directly by portable devices.

or do you guys just have such sensitive ears that you can hear the difference between using an amp like the FiiO 17 and no amp ??

Because i'm trying to find an excuse to keep the E17 with my T5p !!

Sitting here listening from my mac-mini with and without audirvana + !!

I'm trying like crazy to hear the difference !!

Aug 16, 2013 at 7:09 AM Post #952 of 1,963
Quote:

One experience T5p user from HeadFi has found the V200 undesirable with the T5p when compared to Meier Audio amps. To compensate for brightness when using your HP-P1 and T5p you could employ the equaliser on the iDevice. T5p/HP-P1 is sensitive to bright or hot recordings.

I think I can confirm this - the T5p sounds thin and sharp out of the V200. Tried different gain settings, doesn't seem to make much difference. Disappointing pairing.  With the T1 its a different story.

Aug 16, 2013 at 7:16 AM Post #953 of 1,963
Quote:
To bad no love from the T5p community ..

or should i not post such a question on head-fi ?being this is more geared to words consuming?

Hey welcome to head-fi. It is really hard to comment on the sound as it is very subjective. For most cases you must hear a number of different gears, setup and spend many hours experimenting various gear synergy to be able to notice improvements which for many cases are really subtle to our senses. 

Like always we have to have a certain standard to compare it against and that is where having different gears help. For example T5p for my case sounds differnet out of 627x than MHd-Q7. The latter gives more of a 3D sound with harsher and more forward sound whereas the former (627x) gives a more warmer and better tube feeling sound. 

Aug 16, 2013 at 7:20 AM Post #954 of 1,963
Quote:
is this statement incorrect ? (from avguide)

The T5p has an impedance of 32 ohms and a sensitivity of 102db with 1 mW input. That should make the T5p suitable to be driven directly by portable devices.

or do you guys just have such sensitive ears that you can hear the difference between using an amp like the FiiO 17 and no amp ??

Because i'm trying to find an excuse to keep the E17 with my T5p !!

Sitting here listening from my mac-mini with and without audirvana + !!

I'm trying like crazy to hear the difference !!

Trust your ears. But also take your time, I find it takes a good while before I start to pick up on differences - when you do notice them, they will plague you for ever :)

Aug 16, 2013 at 7:24 AM Post #955 of 1,963
Quote:

or should i not post such a question on head-fi ?being this is more geared to words consuming?

Patience my friend! You only posted a couple of hours ago and already jump to conclusions. Don't forget that this is not a pay by minute user support line and people who help you do that out of their good heart and in their free time, which may not always be 5 minutes after you posted.

Regarding T5p and E17: I'm using this combo and find it surprisingly good - certainly much better than my laptop or Galaxy S4, although the latter one is pretty close. If you're looking just for differences in frequency response, it may be very subtle. Look for things like soundstage, separation of instruments, tightness of bass, smoothness of treble - you should notice some differences there.

Aug 16, 2013 at 7:53 AM Post #956 of 1,963
Thnx guys sorry for my lack of Patience i do appreciate your help and Patience with me :wink:

The thing is i wanted to decide now so that i can return the LOD cable from apple because i'm going out in a hour ..so i will be keeping the LOD cable €40 and the fiiO E17 €150…

The main reason being that i can color sound to preference.

if i feel like adding bass or sum treble the Fiio is much better and easier than fiddling with software EQ..

My girl loves adding bass hahah ,,i'm on the fence …

Also i trust that i will probably hear the difference later on but i would take sum time..

So sorry agin for my lack of Patience i wanted the issue resolved so i can move on..

Return or no Return that was the question.. Not all things are as easy in life like settling for the T5p..

That was an easy one ..Getting the best and not looking back..

Still this FiiO E17 is truly the swiss army knife of amps/dacs …

Aug 16, 2013 at 7:58 AM Post #957 of 1,963
i don't mind spending even if the future of things is not all that secure and well know in these times..

One must also enjoy life..And working for IBM and being laid of in 3months does put life in perspective hahaha !

ah well life CARPE DIEM …so this combo will help me study and relax..helping me find an other challenge.. :wink:

Aug 16, 2013 at 8:02 AM Post #958 of 1,963
going out to the store and not to return the FiiO or the LOD hahah..

planning my first vacation in 5years !!! how long you ask>??? 8 days hahahha …

Well for me 8 days is a long time haha….

Talk to you later …guys..

greets Sam

Aug 16, 2013 at 9:39 AM Post #959 of 1,963
Quote:

You are too impatient, reasking after just half an hour. Give questions at least 24 hours.

Remember at 12-13 CET typically Europeans are working and Americans are sleeping or just out of bed. This is an international forum, though (probably) with a US bias.

Aug 16, 2013 at 12:02 PM Post #960 of 1,963
Quote:

You are too impatient, reasking after just half an hour. Give questions at least 24 hours.

Remember at 12-13 CET typically Europeans are working and Americans are sleeping or just out of bed. This is an international forum, though (probably) with a US bias.

ok ok i did apologized and explained my self.
Well thanks for finding the time to left me know ..

if you can find the time please add something other info :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back