Beyerdynamic T5p is change of cable possible?
Jun 14, 2014 at 6:06 AM Post #3 of 10
im actually getting mine recabled by james at Stefan audio art. he does amazing work but it aint cheap.
check his website out and see for yourself http://www.stefanaudioart.com
I get all my cabling done through him.

Jun 14, 2014 at 9:37 PM Post #4 of 10
I just sold my T5Ps and regret not trying them recabled as I hear it's a nice upgrade. But you will have to get them recabled by a pro as the cable isn't detachable, though I hear frequently that the investment is worth it!

Aug 2, 2014 at 10:02 AM Post #6 of 10

Just received my Headphones back from James@ http://www.stefanaudioart.com
The custom cabling work that was done is absolutely beautiful.
The texture and feel is silky smooth and the look and design is stunning.
I wouldn't expect anything less from James as he has done all my cables in my recording studio.

The sound quality at first impressions is always a bit off because it is brand new cabling and needs around 250 hours to be burned in.
ive had maybe 4 hours burn in time so far and the sound field has opened up like a open back headphone, the imaging is much more precise and the fullness is similar to a set of near field monitors, perhaps a bit thicker. 
from first listen i felt the bass was bloomy and the highs were dulled excessively, but after only 4 hours from comparing back and forth with my akgs for HF impression, the T5ps are losing its bloomy-ness and the highs are coming in nicely. the mid range is perfect.
I look forward to burning these in for at least a solid 2 weeks before i will post final thoughts on the new cable change.
anyone wondering about the connector on the end it is an ebony wood connector.

Oct 28, 2014 at 11:16 PM Post #8 of 10
  Hey Everyone,

I am looking at the same thing, can I please have recommendations?

What are your comments on durability Griploc and Skunkworker?

SAA Endorphin Cable is made for home and or studio use preferably. The quality is extremely high end and should be treated with care like the T5p headphones 

Oct 30, 2014 at 1:05 AM Post #10 of 10

the material that the housing for the cable is made of can be damaged if you have a velcro material touch it. if you take good care of it it will be fine, just don't bunch it up. The sound quality the SAA Endorphine cable for the T5p is excellent. You will appreciate its SQ and stereo spread. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back