beyerdynamic T51p & T51i impressions thread
Aug 26, 2014 at 6:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 191

navii

100+ Head-Fier
lets enjoy

I got mine last week and am really loving the sound. They look very stylish too, sort of video game techy.

Here are some reviews:

Without hesitation or shame I can easily call this the best on ear portable headphone I have had the pleasure to listen to since a long time

Quote from http://www.headfonia.com/amazing-beyerdynamic-t51p/

The Bottom Line The Beyerdynamic T 51 p is one of the best on-ear headphones available, offering excellent sound quality and a comfortable fit.

Quote from http://www.cnet.com/au/products/beyerdynamic-t-51-p/

Delivering superb levels of subtlety and rhythm in a portable build, the T51ps are one of the best sounding headphones in its class Tested at £250

Quote from http://www.whathifi.com/beyerdynamic/t51p/review

Aug 27, 2014 at 5:28 AM Post #2 of 191
Does anyone know if you can swivel the ear cups like on the DT1350s in this image:

http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/beyer_dt1350_photo_folded.jpg

I can swivel mine like that, but when I straighten them up they start swivelling really easily. I don't know how to "lock" them back into position... if that is at all possible. The store I got them from said I can take them back, but if I am doing something wrong I would like to know.

Sep 1, 2014 at 7:26 AM Post #3 of 191
Fixed the issue. You can remove the earcup with its rail from the headband and screw / rotate the plastic bit that holds them till its firm.

By the way I really love their sound. Punchy, articulate, textural and the vocals really shine.

Also they are very comfy, I wear super chunky glasses and they don't even touch each other.

Sep 1, 2014 at 12:12 PM Post #4 of 191
Glad someone finally started this tread.I absolutely love mine. They sound fantastic and have all day long comfort. They would be completely perfect if it weren't for the cable has a tendency to tangle(non-removable). I also have the x1 and owned the 650, I prefer these to all of them.

Sep 28, 2014 at 2:01 AM Post #5 of 191
Glad someone finally started this tread.I absolutely love mine. They sound fantastic and have all day long comfort. They would be completely perfect if it weren't for the cable has a tendency to tangle(non-removable). I also have the x1 and owned the 650, I prefer these to all of them.

Better than 650? hmm interesting..
I'm looking portable headphone for travelling. Currently keep; DT770 250Ohm, Focal Sprit Classic for home.
T51p, Momentum on my radar, I tried Momentum in store, good resoution, lttle bit bright for me.

I never heard T51p, is there similiar sound with DT770? tell me the sound of T51p

~ron~

Oct 15, 2014 at 4:10 PM Post #9 of 191
Quick comparison on sound quality and comfort of v-moda m100 vs. t51p/I anyone?

Source = galaxy s5 or iphone 5s or ibasso dx50
Music= hip hop, jazz, r&b, pop, rock, electronic
Uses= on the go

Oct 23, 2014 at 2:27 AM Post #10 of 191
Got the T51i model couple of days ago and so far these feel like the best On Ears I've had. Previously I've used the V-Moda XS (had to return these because of a flaw but didn't like the confort and the Momentum On Ear. 

On awesome thing about T51is is the ability to use and get a clear sound without using much volume.

Nov 4, 2014 at 7:17 PM Post #13 of 191
I just bought a pair of T51p's based on recommendations by a fellow forum member. Bloody brilliant! Was eyeing a pair of Thinksound On1's which are amazing headphones but these were better.  Sound quality was slightly better but build quality was leagues ahead. I use them with a Fiio X5 and they pair up extremely well. Didnt bother with the T51i version since they will be used exclusively with a DAP. Highly recommended. 

Also, can someone please explain to me the hierarchy in Beyerdynamic's headphone line up? Its mighty confusing! 

Nov 7, 2014 at 12:40 PM Post #14 of 191
Can anyone offer direct comparison impressions between the T51p/i and the Sennheiser Amperior? I *love* my Amperiors but the ergonomics and design of the Beyer appeal to me more.

Jan 2, 2015 at 1:49 AM Post #15 of 191
Looks like I'm dragging a thread up from deep in the forum but I just got a set of Beyerdynamic Tesla T51P's. Built a Bottlehead Crack for a friend of mine, and did it for nothing because I just love doing stuff like that and to my surprise he gave me the Tesla's. Only caveat was one channel was cutting out and we finished it off messing around with it. 

Anyway I contacted Beyerdynamic and sure enough they sell replacement cables.  Got them in the mail today and soldered them in and WOW!  Great set of cans!  My mostly all time favorite headphones are the Sony MDR-V6 and while I'm not sure this unseats them it certainly sounds different in a wonderful way.  Matter of fact they sound great.  Listening to Grateful Dead on a MacBookAir with a Fiio E17 DAC connected.  iTunes is operating with the app,  Bit Perfect. 

I'm pretty stunned and amazed at these things.  Worth picking up a pair if you can find them. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back