Beyerdynamic T5 (3rd Generation)
Mar 21, 2024 at 1:58 PM Post #707 of 720
I try both but in the end i choose T1 because summer is coming and i like airy filing of open back and also soundstage is better. T5 i also loved for signature because have little more body fuller sound with more romantic like signature...T1 is a little more sharp in highs but i m sensitive to highs and T1 don t bothered me...is absolutely fabulous also for gaming and movies is a dream better than many higher priced headphones i try it...because the bass is so good and dense but stll natural and not to prominent...absolutely fantastic i love this T1 3.gen and T5 also but in the end i still pick T1 because airy filling and velour pads is a winner filings for me
Both the T1.3 and T5.3 are special headphones. I own the T1.3 but a friend has the T5.3 so was able to borrow a pair for a couple weeks. Really enjoyed my time with it too. They are both non-fatiguing and found both very organic and "right" sounding to my ears.

Mar 21, 2024 at 2:09 PM Post #709 of 720
If i need also in future closed one will be for sure T5...now have also 30day for testing i buyed directly from Bayerdynamic...send back T5 and keep T1 but isolation and dense sound of T5 still intrigued me hehe to send back T1 and keep T5 for isolation and also shorter cable witch i prefer

Apr 1, 2024 at 1:04 PM Post #713 of 720
My new favourite closed back is maybe my new favourite headphone, period. The LSA HP-2 blew me away. They have a type of clear, articulate bass I have never heard before. The mids and high end are the same.

The last couple of days I am enjoying the T60 Argons but I keep thinking about the HP-2's.
:grin:
raking up an old one, i know.
did you keep the HP-2? i notice they are not mentioned in your signature, but Radiance is.
i am in market for a good closed can.

Apr 1, 2024 at 1:40 PM Post #714 of 720
raking up an old one, i know.
did you keep the HP-2? i notice they are not mentioned in your signature, but Radiance is.
i am in market for a good closed can.
I did end up selling them on. The bass was not what I was looking for in a closed back, at the time.
They were awesome though. I often referred to them as a closed back Grado.

The only flaw to me, looking back, was the microphonic sound of the headband.

But now that I have all the bass I could want, I wouldn't mind having those LSA HP-2's back. :smile:

Apr 1, 2024 at 2:51 PM Post #715 of 720
I did end up selling them on. The bass was not what I was looking for in a closed back, at the time.
They were awesome though. I often referred to them as a closed back Grado.

The only flaw to me, looking back, was the microphonic sound of the headband.

But now that I have all the bass I could want, I wouldn't mind having those LSA HP-2's back. :smile:
i did watch a youtube review last night on the Kennerton gh50 and the headband issue was mentioned.
looks like the same headband on a lot of their cans too, shame really.

Apr 1, 2024 at 6:11 PM Post #716 of 720
i did watch a youtube review last night on the Kennerton gh50 and the headband issue was mentioned.
looks like the same headband on a lot of their cans too, shame really.
Some people wrap the metal pieces so that they don't "ting". It only happens when you touch it against anything, including your hands.

Apr 2, 2024 at 1:24 PM Post #717 of 720
Some people wrap the metal pieces so that they don't "ting". It only happens when you touch it against anything, including your hands.
its bad, should not be needed at the price of them.

Apr 2, 2024 at 4:32 PM Post #718 of 720
its bad, should not be needed at the price of them.
Agreed. I thought they were beautiful, light, comfortable, bass light and "tingy".
But I still may end up re-buying them down the road. :smile:

These were, to me, a closed back Grado. If you aren't looking for a strong bass headphone, these would be Awesome (if you like the Grado sound). And of course never touch the headband unless taking them off or putting them on.:grin:

Apr 20, 2024 at 7:03 PM Post #720 of 720
Anyone compared t1 3rd gen to denon d7200?

I have heard the d5200 but not the d7200. I'd imagine the differences are only in the sound since the construction is similar throughout all the denons.

T1.3 will have much more defined soundstage and refinement. The Denon is probably still good but the biocell drivers have totally different presentation from the tesla beyers. I didn't like the comfort of the Denon and the T1.3 build quality/comfort is fantastic.

I wouldn't buy the Denons unless I could get them on huge discount, while I think the T1.3 is worth the amazon price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back