Beyerdynamic T1 DAC to Headphone OR Preamp/amp to Headphone
Mar 30, 2013 at 1:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

WeissPro

New Head-Fier
Ladies and gentleman, new owner of Beyerdynamic T1, please bear with me, I have 2 questions (newbee here oldbee everywhere else!)

My current equipment includes an awesome DAC (maybe at any price), a Weiss DAC 202 that has an headphone out jack and a dedicated built-in headphone amp (AFAIK). It is connected to a preamp (GamuT D3i) and my source is a MacbookPro. My question is:

1- Do I still need a "headphone amp". I understand Woo audio WA2 is the agreed choice here, but is it still necessary with my current hardware?
2- If yes, I will not be able to connect the WA2 to the Weiss DAC 202, as it only has S/PDIF or balanced outputs. The choice I have is going to be through the tape-out of my preamp. Is this optimal?

Sugestions, ideas I am all ears :)^D

Best

Mar 30, 2013 at 5:13 PM Post #3 of 7
If you're happy with the built in amp on the Weiss Dac, don't bother.

According to the Weiss webpage on the 202 there should be a pair of RCA outputs above the XLR outputs. You could just connect those to the WA2 for best results.

Mar 30, 2013 at 6:45 PM Post #4 of 7
Use the RCA outs from the Weiss 202 to the WA2 amp. Your Beyer T1's will reward you when paired with that amp. Great choice btw :)

Mar 30, 2013 at 7:25 PM Post #6 of 7
Quote:
Thank you very much!, so in general you guys think a dedicated headphone amp will help as far as I understand. Right?

Thanks

Definitely

Users who are viewing this thread

Back