Beyerdynamic T1 3rd Gen out now
May 4, 2022 at 9:35 PM Post #1,353 of 1,824
Listening to the Crosby, Stills & Nash album on Audio Fidelity and Atlantic CDs, the Beyerdynamic T1.3 brings out the very subtle high hat strikes in the right channel at the start of track 3 (Guinevere) - not because the headphone is bright, but rather because of its resolution. Some headphones miss out on some of the high hat strikes wayyyy back in the sound. I didn't expect that.

May 13, 2022 at 5:43 AM Post #1,354 of 1,824
On the Lyr 3 on high gain I wasn’t really able to get the T1.3 to distort in the bass. I would try it on more devices to see if it’s just how the headphone plays with the dap or it could be the lack of a constant power supply. I have spent most listening time with the T1.3 on desktop amps, don’t have much experience with it on portable devices.
So it is OK with enough power?

May 17, 2022 at 1:47 AM Post #1,355 of 1,824
So it is OK with enough power?
Yes it is. Very efficient and sounds great especially on a powerhouse headphone amplifier. Listening via the Burson Conductor 3X Reference to side 3 of the Rolling Stones Love You Live (in anticipation of hearing El Mocambo 1977) and it's superb.

Jun 5, 2022 at 9:19 AM Post #1,358 of 1,824
Impressions in this thread are interesting! I was originally put off by the reviews when they launched, but there is a good deal on these this weekend so going to pull the trigger, hopefully I fall on the side that enjoy them, from reading the thread I think I will. Going through a heavy rock phase and I think the FR will suit it!

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2022 at 10:07 AM Post #1,359 of 1,824
Impressions in this thread are interesting! I was originally put off by the reviews when they launched, but there is a good deal on these this weekend so going to pull the trigger, hopefully I fall on the side that enjoy them, from reading the thread I think I will. Going through a heavy rock phase and I think the FR will suit it!

You again :) I am starting to wonder if we are bizarre ear twins. I would be very interested to hear your impressions of the 1.3s. They are a very unique tuning!

@obzilla recently made an interesting observation about the similarities of the sonic virtues of Fostex and Beyer in the 909 thread. I think he is on to something...

Attachments

• RealMountBeyer.jpg
    RealMountBeyer.jpg
    6.2 MB · Views: 0
Jun 5, 2022 at 10:21 AM Post #1,360 of 1,824
You again :) I am starting to wonder if we are bizarre ear twins. I would be very interested to hear your impressions of the 1.3s. They are a very unique tuning!
Haha! I saw your name on my email notification and thought the same thing :) Will post up some impressions once I’ve had a bit of time with them, going away for work next weekend so hopefully they’ll have had arrived by then.

Jun 5, 2022 at 11:57 AM Post #1,361 of 1,824
T1.3 and rock is a sure match🤘

Jun 5, 2022 at 2:24 PM Post #1,362 of 1,824
Like I said several times in this thread, listen to Metallica albums with them. I have listened to Metallica albums for 27 years and with the Beyer T 1.3 I enjoyed them the best (especially Master of Puppets and Black album, from what I remember... I even plan to buy them again if I find a good offer -when I can forget the comfort issues I have with them-).

Jun 6, 2022 at 1:37 AM Post #1,363 of 1,824
good offer
That’s what pushed me - $1,500 AUD down to $1,000, couldn’t go past it (even though I had reached my self imposed new gear quota :))

Jun 7, 2022 at 12:24 AM Post #1,365 of 1,824
May I ask what makes these headphones a sure match for rock? Is it that you prefer a warm and dark tonality for this genre, or something else?
I'll have a go at this - it's one of the few headphones that has a palpable and dynamic impulse response - you can feel and hear, for example, a bass drum hit - I haven't heard and felt this before. Not only that, the top end is well controlled (i.e. minimized sibilance without sounding dull). The driver appears to be very high quality.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back