Beyerdynamic T1 3rd Gen out now
Jul 17, 2022 at 11:40 AM Post #1,457 of 1,824
So far:
Atrox v2
Tr-amp
Ipad 5
Apple dongle.

The ipad is very good.

But when using the dongle i need more volume. Possible to max vol.
Can’t max it with the ipad!

Looks like there are a limiter in the eu ver.
There is a us ver without limiter?

I will try to find a us ver…

Jul 17, 2022 at 2:57 PM Post #1,458 of 1,824
You think there is a limit for eu ?

Jul 17, 2022 at 3:17 PM Post #1,459 of 1,824
They say so..
They cost too much on amazon/ebay. Too much freight…
Take my great tr-amp instead…

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Jul 17, 2022 at 4:19 PM Post #1,460 of 1,824
These don't need a lot of power to sound good, they're not hard to drive at all. They do react to good quality very nicely and extra power does have it's benefits of course. These headphones have a very solid bass foundation and it gets better with better gear.

Jul 18, 2022 at 1:57 AM Post #1,462 of 1,824
People confuse quality vs quantity.
That is true, but it becomes quite obvious once you recognize good quality. The T1.3 is a headphone that has both good quality and a high quantity of bass. The bass gains more texture, control, detail, nuance, solidity, etc. with a better system. It does not gain more quantity in the bass unless the system has more bass quantity or it's a high output impedance amplifier which can bloat the bass some and tends to lose solidity and quality.

I’d much rather have a headphone with lean, tight, articulate, and a solid bass foundation than a headphone with a high quantity but bloated fluffy bass without much of a real bass foundation. Now headphones that pull off both high quality and high quantity are a guilty pleasure of mine.

Last edited:
Jul 22, 2022 at 2:05 PM Post #1,463 of 1,824
to those with both 1.3 and 5.3 (or have listened to both extensively), can you please provide feedback on the sonic difference? how about fit and comfort?

Thank you.

Jul 28, 2022 at 3:12 PM Post #1,466 of 1,824
Each time I think I've decided on the best headphone in the collection, I relisten to another and that one is the best. Those T 1.3 headphones have superb sound.

Jul 29, 2022 at 6:58 AM Post #1,467 of 1,824
to those with both 1.3 and 5.3 (or have listened to both extensively), can you please provide feedback on the sonic difference? how about fit and comfort?

Thank you.
Fit and comfort almost similar.

T1.3 has a larger soundstage and a more nuanced bass, treble is also a bit more extended and airy. T5.3 is more visceral down low, with better bass impact and dynamics. Since it is closed, there is a bit (very small) more resolution. OTOH, it's closed nature makes it sound more claustrophobic and congested on certain tracks (compared to T1.3).
The company claims (and to a certain extent verified by independent measurements) that the t5.3 is the more "neutral" of the two but I didn't feel so. Not that that the T1.3 is neutral but the T5.3 is defintely not.

Overall, the T1.3 is a better buy IMHO as it suits a larger variety of music, more so as the fit and comfort is very similar.

Jul 29, 2022 at 8:07 PM Post #1,468 of 1,824
Fit and comfort almost similar.

T1.3 has a larger soundstage and a more nuanced bass, treble is also a bit more extended and airy. T5.3 is more visceral down low, with better bass impact and dynamics. Since it is closed, there is a bit (very small) more resolution. OTOH, it's closed nature makes it sound more claustrophobic and congested on certain tracks (compared to T1.3).
The company claims (and to a certain extent verified by independent measurements) that the t5.3 is the more "neutral" of the two but I didn't feel so. Not that that the T1.3 is neutral but the T5.3 is defintely not.

Overall, the T1.3 is a better buy IMHO as it suits a larger variety of music, more so as the fit and comfort is very similar.
Treble is more extended on the T1? I was under the impression that it was darker in nature than the T5. How does the mid bass and upper mids compare/contrast between the two?

Jul 29, 2022 at 8:21 PM Post #1,469 of 1,824
Treble is more extended on the T1? I was under the impression that it was darker in nature than the T5. How does the mid bass and upper mids compare/contrast between the two?
Yes it's more extended on the T1.3 and the T1.3 has more treble energy overall. The T1.3 is notably warmer than the T5.3. Mids are more forward on the on the T5.3. The more recessed upper mids of the T1.3 can give what comes off as a darker tone than the T5.3 and helps creates a sensation of being in a bigger room than the more intimate T5.3, but honestly the T5.3 has less treble and less extended treble. It has very non-offensive treble, maybe a bit too tame for some. I do agree that the T1.3 seems to handle a wider variety of genres better than the T5.3. The T1.3 has a very large/broad bass shelf that helps creates a distinctly cinematic experience.

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2022 at 8:42 PM Post #1,470 of 1,824
Yes it's more extended on the T1.3 and the T1.3 has more treble energy overall. The T1.3 is notably warmer than the T5.3. Mids are more forward on the on the T5.3. The more recessed upper mids of the T1.3 can give what comes off as a darker tone than the T5.3 and creates a sensation of being in a bigger room than the more intimate T5.3, but honestly the T5.3 has less treble and less extended treble. It has very non-offensive treble, maybe a bit too tame for some. I do agree that the T1.3 seems to handle a wider variety of genres better than the T5.3.
So the T1 is warmer, meaning more lower mid energy and forwardness? And then the upper mids on the T5 are greater than that of the T1, correct? I'm sorry, just a little confused, as you then stated that the T5 has less extended treble.
Which comes across as the brighter headphone? I'm planning to eventually pick up one of the two. My preference would be the warmer of the two, and fairly close to neutral in the upper mids and lower treble, with some extension in the high treble. I'd also prefer the one that has the least bloom down low, yet still tight and somewhat visceral with a decent amount of decay. And I most definitely don't want the bread and butter portion of the mids not being overly recessed.
Based on this, which one do you think I would prefer? 90% of my music consists of classic rock, hard rock, and a hair metal if that helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back