BeyerDynamic owners unite...
Aug 9, 2008 at 1:03 AM Post #691 of 1,864
I got my DT770 Pro's today, and I am very very happy with them. I'm so glad I came to this forum because these phones are exactly what I wanted. The bass is amazing on these things and that's even unamped! I ordered the amp today so I should be getting it sometime next week. I would like to say thanks to the people who recommended these, and I'm very happy to be the newest member of Team Beyerdynamic.
beyersmile.png

Aug 9, 2008 at 1:40 AM Post #692 of 1,864
Quote:

Originally Posted by Slickman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got my DT770 Pro's today, and I am very very happy with them. I'm so glad I came to this forum because these phones are exactly what I wanted. The bass is amazing on these things and that's even unamped! I ordered the amp today so I should be getting it sometime next week. I would like to say thanks to the people who recommended these, and I'm very happy to be the newest member of Team Beyerdynamic.
beyersmile.png

Nice..you will enjoy them more with an amp i know i do

Aug 9, 2008 at 11:53 AM Post #694 of 1,864
It will also make them sound better at lower levels.

Aug 9, 2008 at 1:00 PM Post #696 of 1,864
One more question, I know earlier someone told be to use high gain with the DT 770's, but what about cross feed, is that good to use? I read up on it a little, and it sounds like a good feature. What exactly does cross feed do?

Aug 9, 2008 at 4:29 PM Post #698 of 1,864
Quote:

Crossfeed attempts to make the experience of listening to music on headphones more similar to listening to music with stereo speakers. When you listen to music through speakers, each ear will hear sound originating from both speakers. However, the sound from the left speaker reaches your right ear slightly later than it does your left ear, and vice versa.

The human ear and brain together are very good at interpreting the time differences between direct sounds and reflected sounds and using that information to identify the direction that the sound is coming from. On the other hand, when listening to headphones, each ear hears only the stereo channel corresponding to it. The left ear hears only the left channel and the right ear hears only the right channel. The result is that sound from headphones does not provide the same spatial cues to your ear and brain as speakers, and might for that reason sound unnatural to some listeners.

The crossfeed function uses an algorithm to feed a delayed and filtered portion of the signal from the right channel into the left channel and vice versa in order to simulate the spatial cues that the ear and brain receive when listening to a set of loudspeakers placed in front of the listener. The result is a more natural stereo image that can be especially appreciated in older rock and jazz records, where one instrument is often hard-panned to just one of the speakers. Many people will find such records tiring to listen to using earphones and no crossfeed effect.

I stole this from rockbox site 6 Sound Settings

Aug 10, 2008 at 5:41 AM Post #699 of 1,864
I understand now what crossfeed does on a technical level, but how does it effect the sound to the user? Does it make the music clearer, better highs, or what? Can someone please explain it to me in layman's terms?

Aug 10, 2008 at 7:46 AM Post #700 of 1,864
Yes, it make the music sound a little bit more clearer, tame a little bit of sibilance and specially harshness in the treble, at the expense of a slightly quantity of bass and mids presence. Ah, and it expands a little the soundstage/headstage width at expense of a slighltly less depth...
It is said here, that the Meier crossfeed implementation in his amps is the best and more natural sounding. In my experience it is true.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Slickman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I understand now what crossfeed does on a technical level, but how does it effect the sound to the user? Does it make the music clearer, better highs, or what? Can someone please explain it to me in layman's terms?

Aug 10, 2008 at 12:41 PM Post #701 of 1,864
New Beyer owner: DT660 2007 Ed.

Love them for their wonderful soundstaging for a closed can.

Now want to hear the DT880. My poor wallet
very_evil_smiley.gif

Aug 10, 2008 at 5:29 PM Post #703 of 1,864
I glad that you like them
smily_headphones1.gif
. Them was very good and special..., specially when i get my Arietta AMP (a little better performance with it, than with my DT990), and until i get used to my DT990 (they was put away for 6 months once). They are one of the best closed can for sound leakage (leak almost nothing (
5% at worst) and isolation), and they get better with better amplification, and the more powerfull and possible evolution for them, is the Darth Beyers X Deep Cup version (The most balanced), the bad is the price (as all.....)
Quote:

Originally Posted by potato28 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
New Beyer owner: DT 770/80 Pro

I love em.

Aug 11, 2008 at 7:59 PM Post #704 of 1,864
just received my 770 pro/80s. Amazing is all I can say! This is my first step into the world of hi-fi headphones and I am really impressed. I can't wait to get a headphone amp (leaning toward the iBasso D2 Boa or D3 if it is released soon) to really test these cans. I think I've found a new hobby
regular_smile .gif

Aug 11, 2008 at 8:05 PM Post #705 of 1,864
i recently bought some dt770/80 and im not entirely impressed with the bass im not going to lie. i bought a cmoy amp off ebay as well to power it with my ipod and the bass just isnt enough for me. im a giant bass head and these headphones just dont cut it for me. im thinking about selling them and just sticking to actual subs for my bass needs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back