BeyerDynamic owners unite...
Dec 1, 2014 at 11:20 AM Post #1,786 of 1,864
I definitely would love to try the DT150's & DT250's, I picked up the GMP 8.300 D's (which are an excellent headphone) instead of the DT250's.

One cannot have too many neutral closed cans that would complement the DT880's.

Dec 1, 2014 at 11:38 AM Post #1,787 of 1,864
Feb 5, 2015 at 5:10 PM Post #1,792 of 1,864
  Can anyone confirm this?

The spare part numbers for both the DT770 Pro and the Custom One Pro headbands (i.e. the inner metal part) are the same: 973361
I could not find the respective part number for the DT770 Edition...

Feb 5, 2015 at 10:50 PM Post #1,793 of 1,864

The spare part numbers for both the DT770 Pro and the Custom One Pro headbands (i.e. the inner metal part) are the same: 973361
I could not find the respective part number for the DT770 Edition...

Thanks! That tells me the pads should be universal then. I guess I'll be the one to find out for everyone then. I'm going to order a COP headband, I'll post pictures of it installed after I receive it.

Feb 6, 2015 at 4:10 AM Post #1,794 of 1,864
  Thanks! That tells me the pads should be universal then. I guess I'll be the one to find out for everyone then. I'm going to order a COP headband, I'll post pictures of it installed after I receive it.

Let us know how it goes.

I think they reuse quite a lot of parts... Which I consider a good move, it facilitates long availability of spare parts. One of the reasons I really like Beyerdynamic cans.

Edit: maybe try to get the Custom Studio headband. To me the recessed middle part of the headband is quite comfortable as it avoids too much pressure on the top of my head. Sorry, I could not find the part number of that headband.

Feb 6, 2015 at 2:41 PM Post #1,795 of 1,864
My first headphone, early 80's:

Feb 10, 2015 at 10:35 PM Post #1,797 of 1,864
Been a Beyer guy for a while, just picked up a set of T1s, which are stupidly good IMO. Might be the best sub-$1k (street) headphones for rock and metal I've ever heard. Enjoying The Diablo Swing Orchestra's Pandora's Pinata at the moment, and although it isn't the best recording ever made, it's still every bit as fun and engaging as it ought to be.

Got to hear them side by side with the HD800s at a meet on my system with music I know well, and I was kind of flabbergasted by how thoroughly the T1 trounced the HD800 in texture and tone... The HD800 just sounds considerably off to me with guitar-driven music. Horses for courses. The T1 suits me quite nicely, and if you haven't heard a set yet, don't deprive yourself of the opportunity!! An utter steal for what these can be had for on the used market these days IMO.

Feb 10, 2015 at 10:46 PM Post #1,798 of 1,864
  Been a Beyer guy for a while, just picked up a set of T1s, which are stupidly good IMO. Might be the best sub-$1k (street) headphones for rock and metal I've ever heard. Enjoying The Diablo Swing Orchestra's Pandora's Pinata at the moment, and although it isn't the best recording ever made, it's still every bit as fun and engaging as it ought to be.

Got to hear them side by side with the HD800s at a meet on my system with music I know well, and I was kind of flabbergasted by how thoroughly the T1 trounced the HD800 in texture and tone... The HD800 just sounds considerably off to me with guitar-driven music. Horses for courses. The T1 suits me quite nicely, and if you haven't heard a set yet, don't deprive yourself of the opportunity!! An utter steal for what these can be had for on the used market these days IMO.

Enjoy, I prefer Beyer cans than Sennheisers I tried. The only sennheisers I got are earbuds, just because Beyer don't have one. 

Feb 10, 2015 at 10:52 PM Post #1,799 of 1,864

Please excuse my ignorance but is it possible to use balanced cables on any of the Beyer models??

Feb 10, 2015 at 11:12 PM Post #1,800 of 1,864
  Enjoy, I prefer Beyer cans than Sennheisers I tried. The only sennheisers I got are earbuds, just because Beyer don't have one. 

Generally, I agree. I really enjoyed the Momentums for what they were, but was underwhelmed by the HD800 and actively disliked the HD650. I've yet to encounter a Beyer that I didn't like.

Please excuse my ignorance but is it possible to use balanced cables on any of the Beyer models??

To my knowledge, Beyer has not yet made a phone that comes from the factory with a balanced connector. However, some of their headphones can be modified to accept a balanced connection. Additionally, Jaben offers (or at least offered at one point) a set of new T5p Beyers modified for mini-XLR, but at a pretty steep price. If you're interested in learning more about it, check out the T5p thread-- you can see the modifications a few other guys and I had done to ours.

Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back