1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Beyerdynamic DT880 = Wow!

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by nelamvr6, Jul 16, 2007.
First

Back
4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
15 16
Next

Last
  1. chinesekiwi
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew_WOT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    600Ohm version is like hidden Beyer's secret weapon, other manufactures must thank Beyer that it didn't make them more widely available. [​IMG]

The complete hidden gem of the whole Beyer line tbh.

2. patton713MW
    I have the 250 Ohm DT880, and absolutely love them. What really is the difference between the 250 Ohm and 600 Ohm versions?

3. Zombie_X Contributor
    They are indeed great headphones. I can't argue with that. It's too bad that the 600Ohm is so widely unknown for it's improvement over the normal DT880..

4. Donald North Contributor
    Dare I say this, but I prefer the 250 ohm over the 600 ohm DT880. To me the 250 sounds more involving with the vocals more forward in the mix. The 600 ohm has less vocal presence and reminds me of the HD800 in its even handedness, having heard it several times at Can Jam.

5. patton713MW
    Interesting, thanks for your impressions Donald. That's one thing that I love about my cans, is how the vocals sound.

6. gilency Contributor
    Sorry to disagree, but I compared both the DT 880 250 and 600 ohms side by side at CanJam and the difference was minimal to my ears. I listened to them with the same amplifier (Beyerdynamic).

7. chinesekiwi
    Quote:

Originally Posted by gilency /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    Sorry to disagree, but I compared both the DT 880 250 and 600 ohms side by side at CanJam and the difference was minimal to my ears. I listened to them with the same amplifier (Beyerdynamic).

Did you listen to them with any bassy songs and both thoroughly burned in?
    The biggest difference is in the bass response.

8. olblueyez
    Quote:

You compaired them both on an amp better suited for low impedance headphones? Solid State right? That amp was tuned specificly for the 250 Ohm off the rack headphones.

100 mW / 600 Ω
    170 mW / 250 Ω
    150 mW / 30 Ω

http://www.beyerdynamic-usa.com/en/c...ash=b11daed01b

What do you think would happen if you used an amp like the Little-Dot Mk IV?

Power Output:
    500 mW @ 300/600 ohm
    300 mW @ 120 ohm
    100 mW @ 32 ohm

http://www.little-tube.com/forum/for...osts=1&start=1

9. CDBacklash
    Quote:

Originally Posted by chinesekiwi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    The complete hidden gem of the whole Beyer line tbh.

what about the DT531? Really handy for bad recordings.

As for the 770/80 being fart boxes, I have to defend them (for no real reason really since I like them for only a few genres) and say that if you're just listening to bass you're missing 2/3rds of the music. The mids and highs are still there. Just very subtle.
    But yeah, not for everyone (and not for me in a lot of genres).

10. franatium
    Just got my DT880 '03 250ohms from Chinesekiwi and so far they're really nice, smoother treble than my 701s but lacking on soundstage.

11. algirdas2004
    Hey folks, great thread. I'm looking for a can to watch movies with. Not much has been said about DT880's soundstage - any impressions watching movies late at night? I'm not a big bass head, currently using HD580, so this looks like a great fit.

12. olblueyez
    Quote:

Originally Posted by algirdas2004 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    Hey folks, great thread. I'm looking for a can to watch movies with. Not much has been said about DT880's soundstage - any impressions watching movies late at night? I'm not a big bass head, currently using HD580, so this looks like a great fit.

I didnt spend much time with it but the 880 seemed a tad light in the bass department for movies, maybe the HD600 would be better for that.
    Unless you get the 600Ohm and or the right tubes to go with it.

13. gilency Contributor
    I don't know, I really really liked the DT880's. The 650's don't agree with my hearing preferences. Even the AKG's don;t measure up to the DT880's. But of course, YOMV.

14. IPodPJ
    Quote:

Originally Posted by algirdas2004 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The DT880 have a similar sonic signature to the Denons but seem slightly more refined and well balanced. They are great for music, very up close and personal but with a decent soundstage. I prefer the 600 ohm version to the 250. The DT990 are better for movies as the sound is smoother and the presentation is more laid back, but I don't care for them listening to music.

15. olblueyez
    Quote:

I don't know, I really really liked the DT880's. The 650's don't agree with my hearing preferences. Even the AKG's don;t measure up to the DT880's. Biut of course, YOMV.

701's??? Hah, yeah I would love to use those for movies, that way everyone could wound like they just took a big hit of helium, who wouldnt want everyone to sound like the munchkins from the Wizard of Oz. [​IMG]

Being how neutral and accurate they are. [​IMG]

First

Back
4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
15 16
Next

Last