beyerdynamic dt770 where to buy?
Mar 27, 2006 at 2:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

timcodes

Head-Fier
Joined
Feb 20, 2006
Posts
64
Likes
0
Hi everyone,

I'm looking for the beyerdynamic dt770 new version (I'm assuming that's the best sounding one) perferably the 80ohm version. Does anyone know where the best prices are? (I'm in Canada).

Thank you!
 
Mar 27, 2006 at 2:33 AM Post #2 of 8

Connectz

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
Mar 15, 2006
Posts
254
Likes
14
Go to your nearest Guitar Center. They should be about the same price in the store as they are online.
 
Mar 27, 2006 at 2:46 AM Post #3 of 8

Mercuttio

Key Conspirator in the Quest to Murder Music
Joined
Apr 22, 2005
Posts
5,774
Likes
89
Quote:

Originally Posted by timcodes
Hi everyone,

I'm looking for the beyerdynamic dt770 new version (I'm assuming that's the best sounding one) perferably the 80ohm version. Does anyone know where the best prices are? (I'm in Canada).

Thank you!



The new version is not 80 ohm, but available in 32, 250 and 600. You can get the 32 and the 250 from Meier audio. The 80 ohm version is older looking, and you have to get that at Guitar Center.
 
Mar 27, 2006 at 4:04 AM Post #4 of 8

timcodes

Head-Fier
Joined
Feb 20, 2006
Posts
64
Likes
0
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercuttio
The new version is not 80 ohm, but available in 32, 250 and 600. You can get the 32 and the 250 from Meier audio. The 80 ohm version is older looking, and you have to get that at Guitar Center.


Really, I thought that the new version has 80 ohm available. So I'm assuming the 32 and the 80ohm has similar sound? I haven't seen these two compared but seen the 80ohm compared to other ones.
 
Mar 27, 2006 at 1:05 PM Post #5 of 8

BushGuy

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Oct 26, 2005
Posts
3,000
Likes
10
Don't know of anyone who has tried 32 ohm version.....of the pre-2006 iteration the 250 ohm version is inferior to dt770/80 Professional version - the most preferred version which is also the one considered best for modding into Darth Beyers (I have screened mod. and always use them in the open mode).
If you have no luck at Guitar Center (do not accept the version that has in-line attenuator which is intended for drummers and hurts music quality) - you can get them from Germany eg. http://www.thomann.de/iw_smb_suche.h...R=STKK&x=0&y=0 .....they'll cost 148 € there.
 
Mar 27, 2006 at 1:41 PM Post #6 of 8

timcodes

Head-Fier
Joined
Feb 20, 2006
Posts
64
Likes
0
Quote:

Originally Posted by BushGuy
Don't know of anyone who has tried 32 ohm version.....of the pre-2006 iteration the 250 ohm version is inferior to dt770/80 Professional version - the most preferred version which is also the one considered best for modding into Darth Beyers (I have screened mod. and always use them in the open mode).
If you have no luck at Guitar Center (do not accept the version that has in-line attenuator which is intended for drummers and hurts music quality) - you can get them from Germany eg. http://www.thomann.de/iw_smb_suche.h...R=STKK&x=0&y=0 .....they'll cost 148 € there.



Sorry, did you mean the the older one is dt770/80 is better than the new dt770/250's? Beyers dt770 will be my best headphone, therefore I'm new a this.....

Thanks.
 
Mar 27, 2006 at 2:50 PM Post #7 of 8

Qsilver2001

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
Feb 10, 2006
Posts
139
Likes
10
I definitely love my 32ohm
biggrin.gif

But I do not have the older 80ohm to make a comparison.
 
Mar 27, 2006 at 5:52 PM Post #8 of 8

timcodes

Head-Fier
Joined
Feb 20, 2006
Posts
64
Likes
0
Quote:

Originally Posted by Qsilver2001
I definitely love my 32ohm
biggrin.gif

But I do not have the older 80ohm to make a comparison.



Okay, I think I may take the plunge and go for the 32ohm, where did you get it? The local shops only sell the dt770m version.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top