beyerdynamic dt770 recable on a budget
Jul 1, 2008 at 4:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

iseedeadpeople

New Head-Fier
I have a stock beyerdynamic dt770 80 pro and would like to recable it just for the heck of it and also, try and give it some ohmmpp!! im not really looking for a huge leap on performance just a new look... i want a revamp and give it a bit of a kick!! remember im on a budget about $60-150, Im not an audiophile, Im just tired of how the way it looks, some guy said he can do it for about $60-100 using starquad with nylon flex, i love how it looks...it could tide me over before i decide to get serious about my audio equipment, for now med school comes first, 2 more years to go....oh if it matters i live in the US... also how hard it is to recable? I'm a computer enthusiast and i do alot of tinkering but not soldering no experience at all... unless somebody can do same thing for a cheap then count me in...

here is the guys work..

dt770.jpg

credit to [H] for the pix

hope it helps!!

Jul 1, 2008 at 8:44 PM Post #6 of 12
I personally do not believe in cables improving sound, but do love the look of custom cables. What i have thought of doing is simply cutting off the end adding some techflex or whatever material you like, then reterminating it. Cool look for cheap.

Jul 1, 2008 at 9:55 PM Post #7 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gh0s7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I personally do not believe in cables improving sound, but do love the look of custom cables. What i have thought of doing is simply cutting off the end adding some techflex or whatever material you like, then reterminating it. Cool look for cheap.

I'm not looking to start up a debate but I was just curious if this is strictly a "belief" (ed.) or have you done comparisons for yourself. If you haven't done any comparisons then you are missing out on some SQ goodness!
cool.gif

Jul 2, 2008 at 2:24 AM Post #11 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by tru\head /img/forum/go_quote.gif
aerrgh... I hate this blasted short coiled cable the dt770 has. it's so damned cheap. what's the cheapest i could recable this for?

About $5 for super cheap and still quite a bit nicer than stock. $10 for quite nice recable.

And of course, the price can go pretty high for fancy/boutique cables.

Jul 9, 2008 at 10:24 PM Post #12 of 12
what I don't get is why when people recable headphones they go for the standard Y instead of keeping the less hassle single cable.

You figure there has to be a way to replace that cable that goes up and over to the right with a better cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back