Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250ohm Impressions Thread
May 18, 2014 at 8:37 AM Post #136 of 464
Yes Foobar working good with external DAC,
Open Foobar2000 and select File | Preferences and the Preferences window opens
Go to Playback choose Output, in Device you can choose your DAC and Output data format 24-bit .

I enjoyed listening smooth jazz on my DELL laptop and HiFIme DIY DAC feed DT770/250 Ohm.Output of DELL strong enough for this cans.

~ron~

May 18, 2014 at 11:20 AM Post #139 of 464
Go to Playback choose Output, in Device you can choose your DAC and Output data format 24-bit .

I enjoyed listening smooth jazz on my DELL laptop and HiFIme DIY DAC feed DT770/250 Ohm.Output of DELL strong enough for this cans.

~ron~

Ok. Will try it out when I have the time. Thanks for that!

May 21, 2014 at 7:42 PM Post #140 of 464

~ron~

I'm getting a new HP laptop. Hopefully it sounds as good with 770's as my old one did or I'm going to be bummed! It's a crapshoot when it comes to laptop audio.

May 22, 2014 at 3:11 AM Post #141 of 464
I use Hp laptops at work and they seem to have a decent soundcard. But I've never tried them with my 770's. Let us know how it goes.

May 26, 2014 at 6:09 AM Post #142 of 464
I'm happy to report my new hp laptop sounds pretty good...... 
dt880smile.png

I was scared at first cuz it had some enhancement software mucking up the sound, but once disabled and a couple hours of burn-in we are good to go.

May 27, 2014 at 2:39 AM Post #144 of 464
  For people thinking about a portable setup with the dt770's I would go with the ibasso dx90 without a amp as I think it sounds really well in my opinion.

In other words, you have not heard that combo, have you?  You just speculate that it should be good?  =p

May 27, 2014 at 3:50 PM Post #145 of 464
What's a good desktop amp to power these? I'm using a E07K as couldn't get sound card I bought working but being a bit of a novice audiophile I didn't do my research and I've since discovered that these just don't have enough power to get the best out of the 770's.

I've spent some time researching my options and what I have come up with is:

Buy E09K and use E07K as an dac
or
Schiit Magni & Modi

Has anyone got any experience of these with the 770's? I'm not too bothered about the portability factor as I never listen to music outside the house. From what I've read both of these would power the 770's fine and buying the E09K would mean the E07K would have a use.

Has anyone got any other recommendations for around the same price? Bearing in mind I'm from the UK and may not be able to source such amps/dacs here. 

Thanks.

May 27, 2014 at 4:14 PM Post #146 of 464
  What's a good desktop amp to power these? I'm using a E07K as couldn't get sound card I bought working but being a bit of a novice audiophile I didn't do my research and I've since discovered that these just don't have enough power to get the best out of the 770's.
Has anyone got any experience of these with the 770's? I'm not too bothered about the portability factor as I never listen to music outside the house. From what I've read both of these would power the 770's fine and buying the E09K would mean the E07K would have a use.
Has anyone got any other recommendations for around the same price? Bearing in mind I'm from the UK and may not be able to source such amps/dacs here. 

Epiphany Acoustics » EHP-O2D Miniature Desktop Headphone Amplifier with USB DAC, 167 GBP
http://epiphany-acoustics.co.uk/products-page/dacs/ehp-o2d-miniature-desktop-headphone-amplifier-with-usb-dac/
Sell off the E07K to help pay for the EPH-02D.

May 27, 2014 at 4:29 PM Post #147 of 464

Epiphany Acoustics » EHP-O2D Miniature Desktop Headphone Amplifier with USB DAC, 167 GBP
http://epiphany-acoustics.co.uk/products-page/dacs/ehp-o2d-miniature-desktop-headphone-amplifier-with-usb-dac/
Sell off the E07K to help pay for the EPH-02D.

Thanks for the quick reply!

Is that the UK's equivalent of JDS Lab's Objective2 would you say?

On the specs what value is it that tells me what the maximum ohms supported is? With the FiiO range their website tells you the minimum and maximum ohm value but can't see such a thing for that. 

May 27, 2014 at 5:40 PM Post #148 of 464
  Thanks for the quick reply!
Is that the UK's equivalent of JDS Lab's Objective2 would you say?
On the specs what value is it that tells me what the maximum ohms supported is? With the FiiO range their website tells you the minimum and maximum ohm value but can't see such a thing for that. 

The EPH-02D is the ODAC USB DAC and O2 (Objective 2) head amp built into one unit.
The JDS Labs O2 and Epiphany Acoustics EPH-02D headphone amplifiers use the same amplifier design.
I own the O2, it can drive all my headphones, from 32-Ohm to 600-Ohm.

May 27, 2014 at 6:08 PM Post #149 of 464

The EPH-02D is the ODAC USB DAC and O2 (Objective 2) head amp built into one unit.
The JDS Labs O2 and Epiphany Acoustics EPH-02D headphone amplifiers use the same amplifier design.
I own the O2, it can drive all my headphones, from 32-Ohm to 600-Ohm.

Ah I see. Thanks for the help and information again. Looks like it will be ideal for my needs then and works out cheaper than going down the Schiit route. Looking forward to giving it a try and seeing what the 770's are capable of. 

May 28, 2014 at 6:27 AM Post #150 of 464
Big fan of the DT770 Pro 250ohm's.  Currently listening to Explosions In the Sky on them and they sound great (to me at least)!  I listen to a lot of post rock, post hardcore, classic rock, post metal, classical, etc and I really enjoy the sound of these with everything I listen too.

I'm still new to Head-Fi but so far it seems to be a great community!  Glad to be here!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back