Beyerdynamic DT1350 bass response
Jul 8, 2011 at 10:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

xkfow

New Head-Fier
I know there is already a ginormous thread on these headphones but I have a very specific question.

I just got a pair literallly a few hours ago, they are by far the most amazing headphones I have ever heard in my life. The bass is certainly the most clear out of any headphones I have used. I have tried everything from Diana Krall to more typical modern pop music and when there is real bass or double bass each note is clearly articulated very well.

My biggest gripe, (and I am not sure it is a gripe yet) is that although the bass is very clear, it is almost as if the bass has become secondary to the rest of the music, it sounds much quieter and less a part of the music.

I am wondering if anyone else has this experience, and does it change after "burn in" ?

Jul 8, 2011 at 11:18 AM Post #2 of 5
They don't have accentuated bass, but the bass does go very deep.  You might need to play around with the positioning to get all the bass they do have.

I'd recommend playing a 30 or 40hz test tone and play with positioning until you really feel it.  For me, I get the best bass if I position them further back on my ears so the rear edge of my ear aligns with the inside edge of the pad.

Jul 8, 2011 at 11:38 AM Post #3 of 5
I have noticed, as is the same for my last "supra-aural" earphones, that positioning is important.

I have also done some comparison between listening through my iPhone 4 vs through my 2011 Macbook Pro. In a song such as Diana Krall's Devil May Care, the bass is clear on both the iPhone and Macbook, however its noticeably louder through my Macbook Pro.

I am not sure why, but the sound has always seemed better through my Macbook Pro, but it appears now the difference is even more noticeable with my new headphones than it used to be. I can't help but wonder why!

Jul 8, 2011 at 11:56 AM Post #4 of 5
These are my first pair of high end headphones and I agree that the bass seems toned down.  It is there and it is tight and goes low but I've been using an EQ to bring out the sound I'm looking for.  Been using rockbox on the ipod and EasyQ with foobar on the laptop and desktop.  I also just got a iBasso D10 which really improved the separation and clarity.  I grew up listening to my dad's tube equipment so this combo does sound a little brassy and not as warm as I prefer but hopefully after burn in I can find an opamp that suites me.

Jul 8, 2011 at 11:57 AM Post #5 of 5
I think I noticed that kind of thing too, but I haven't got around to doing a level matched listening test to make sure I'm not imagining it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back